Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewingnutx

A Phish On The Hook
    #1829220 - 08/19/03 10:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Exclusive: A Phish On The Hook

Band's Bassist Gordon Accused Of Child Endangerment
POSTED: 10:22 p.m. EDT August 18, 2003
UPDATED: 10:54 a.m. EDT August 19, 2003

NEW YORK -- A Phish is on the hook for endangering the welfare of a minor after he allegedly tried to take pictures of a young girl inside a deserted boathouse.

'Phish' Bassist Arrested

But following private conversations between the band's manager and the child's parents, there's a question about whether the band's bassist, Mike Gordon, will avoid facing that charge.

Gordon, 38, was arrested after being found late at night in a secluded area with a 9-year-old girl. The girl's parents raised an alarm when she disappeared from a backstage area at Jones Beach Theater.

New York State Park Police say Gordon showed a different side after a concert last week by The Dead. Investigators say Gordon -- who calls himself "Cactus" -- was an invited guest backstage at Jones Beach. He was not invited, they say, to take a 9-year-old girl to an isolated location behind the theater.

"The area is actually like a work area for state employees who operate boats out of that area," said Maj. Richard O'Donnell, of the New York State Park Police. "It's a darkened area, not intended for public access."

O'Donnell, who is the region's commanding officer, would not discuss what the bass player told officers when he was found with the child on a dock. But a police report obtained by NewsChannel 4 reveals "The defendant stated he wanted to take 'art photos' of the victim."

Police confirm that Gordon has never been convicted of any crime. Law enforcement sources said that after the band member was arrested, he told officers, "I may have shown bad judgment, but I am not a pedophile."

The Law enforcement sources identify the girl's father as a leader of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, whom they say had also been invited backstage to watch The Dead concert. Gordon was held for police by theater security "and the victim's father's associates -- which the police report decribes as other Hell's Angels members.

When responding to a request for an interview, Phish's manager e-mailed a joint statement from Gordon and the child's parents that reads: "It is now clear to all involved that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and we look forward to putting this matter behind us."

Later, in a conference call, the manager said Gordon's trying to "make amends" with the family. The girl's father added that "muckraking journalists should put the story to rest."

Both declined to discuss whether the musician is paying compensation.

When asked by NewsChannel 4 if there was any reasonable explanation for Gordon to have been with the girl at 1:00 AM in a secluded boat house, Maj. O'Donnell of the State Park Police said "I have no explanation for it."

The commander says he "absolutely" stands by the police investigation and has referred the bass player's boathouse rendezvous case to the Nassau County district attorney for prosecution.

The DA's office says the evidence is being evaluated. Regardless of whether Gordon has to face a judge next month, law-enforcement sources say unofficial justice was already delivered. The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body.
Copyright 2003 by WNBC.com.

http://www.wnbc.com/entertainment/2414323/detail.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: wingnutx]
    #1829272 - 08/19/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"The Law enforcement sources identify the girl's father as a leader of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, whom they say had also been invited backstage to watch The Dead concert. "

Well i think this guy will get what he deserves...one way or the other....i don't think i'd be too tolerant if it were my daughter though...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1829304 - 08/19/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Why wouldn't he just ask the girls parents if he could take her? Why would he be so stupid?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: Learyfan]
    #1829313 - 08/19/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Because Hells Angels charge too much for their underage daughters, so he was trying to be sneaky.

a- dont be a pedophile
b- dont invite Hells Angels to your show
c- don't be sneaky with people who will kill you as soon as look at you

OfflineQuintessence
I am Hydrogen

#1829338 - 08/19/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That article is false, misleading and suggestive. What else would you expect from the media?

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1829355 - 08/19/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

woah!, woah, woah woah!

wwwoah... woah.. what the?

dude, mike knows better than to do that..

wtf

i pray for him, mike is an amazing person..

he knows better than to do this..

he is taking his film and photography career down the wrong road here.

i am, completely at all loss of words.

completely........ :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: 

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: Quintessence]
    #1829378 - 08/19/03 11:25 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What really happened then?

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: Quintessence]
    #1829392 - 08/19/03 11:28 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NuggetsTheShaker said:
That article is false, misleading and suggestive. What else would you expect from the media?

Got any evidence?

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1829479 - 08/19/03 11:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I blame this on the hell's angels, not mike.

I also hope that no-one from the Phish organization ever attends a stupid "the dead" show ever again.
-I know i wont.
-IMO, they suck, and they ("the dead" without jerry garcia) made a big mistake going on the road again.
The Dead are nothing but bad times anymore.

I pray that the band (phish) never attends "the dead" ever again
This is Crazy.
-I can't wait to hear what trey has to say, though it will be generalized what he says to the public about this (if he is allowed to say anything at all)
-I am sure that treys head is just swirling in circles about new rules and shit on the road, on the bus:lol:

This only strengthens my love for this band.
-They've never been in trouble before.
-Yeah, i hope that they just go back to europe or japan again, i'll sell everything i own again to hop back on that train with phish!~
-United States is nothing but trouble for these events.

Keep shroomin,
GG :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:   

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1829527 - 08/19/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder what the Hells Angels did to him.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1829532 - 08/19/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Before you make up your mind...... oh, wait.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1829536 - 08/19/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Later, in a conference call, the manager said Gordon's trying to "make amends" with the family. The girl's father added that "muckraking journalists should put the story to rest."

Making amends with the hell's angels = $$$,$$$,$$$.

I wouldn't even doubt if mike was set up.

I dunno, i am floored by this, i am pissed.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: shakta]
    #1829548 - 08/19/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah

Quote:

Regardless of whether Gordon has to face a judge next month, law-enforcement sources say unofficial justice was already delivered. The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body.

I want "The Dead" to immediately stop their evil 2003 tour.
-And never tour again. Sad, but this is how i feel.
-They are nothing but trouble anymore.
-Jerry Garcia, i think, would want it this way now..

GGreatOne234

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1829554 - 08/19/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Which part? The part were he was trying to take pictures of a little girl, or the part were the Angels roughed him up for it?

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1830382 - 08/19/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

.... why is everyone in this country so paranoid? I was a child model, hell, I was in a chip n dales promo video (I played an elf..). it's entiredly plausible that mike was just taking pictures and wanted a rustic setting..
it's the same way with michael jackson... there's no proof of anything other than him seeming like he'a always on e. last I checked that wasn't a crime, but everyone WANTS to believe that he is fucking little boys? why? it seems like a gossip voyeurism - people like to talk about little kids getting fucked, they like to think about it. fucking weirdos.

as for the fucking hells angels... they are shit. they run blunt bro's in vancouver, they are all crackheads, and they're stupid. altamount was their fault.. I understand why the counterculture has always been so interested in them, cause they're rebels and all, but it was a severly misguided interest: they are shit.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: Malachi]
    #1830405 - 08/19/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Try saying that to one of their faces. Taking pictures of a young child without the parents permission is just wrong. Assuming he had only good intentions, he made a mistake, and paid for it. Your comments about people being paranoid is way off base. People don't want their kids molested, and tend to err on the side of caution.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1830467 - 08/19/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Where the fuck were the parents anyway?

Why weren't they ... being parents

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1830484 - 08/19/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It has been suggested in some circles that the Hell's Angels may not be the most responsible group of individuals in the world.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: A Phish On The Hook [Re: Malachi]
    #1830511 - 08/19/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I played an elf

Ahhhh.... I see. That explains much.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1830514 - 08/19/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
It has been suggested in some circles that the Hell's Angels may not be the most responsible group of individuals in the world.

Surely you jest! Say it isn't so!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom