Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Whats up with homophobia? [Re: Repertoire89]
    #18286814 - 05/19/13 07:29 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

kakashi68 said:
Well technically being homosexual(or any other form of sexuality that isnt hetro) means that something went wrong in the DNA whether by mutation or genetically passed on. Now in saying this I see no problem with gay people and there are pretty much the same as the next person. They shouldn't be treated as bad as it is in some places but outside of the western world homophobia is very widespread. Which IMHO would be because its simply against nature and its different to them which invokes the fear response.

Incorrect, homosexual behavior is exhibited by many animal species and serves sociological / biological purposes. It is not a genetic mistake but a product of evolution.

I once saw a male mallard butt slam another one on the water.  Pretty much ruined the slammees day.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: Whats up with homophobia? [Re: kakashi68]
    #18286840 - 05/19/13 07:40 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kakashi68 said:
Well technically being homosexual(or any other form of sexuality that isnt hetro) means that something went wrong in the DNA whether by mutation or genetically passed on. Now in saying this I see no problem with gay people and there are pretty much the same as the next person. They shouldn't be treated as bad as it is in some places but outside of the western world homophobia is very widespread. Which IMHO would be because its simply against nature and its different to them which invokes the fear response.

You have typically sucked in the official homophobic propaganda which DIVDES the 'homosexual' from the 'heterosexual', and makes out that the former is inferior and latter is superior. But these are just divisory tactics. It is not as black and white as that. Read this article:

Quote:

The social construction of male homosexuality

The modern concept of male homosexuality, or "gay," as the likely social construction Michel Foucault and others have emphasized it to be, has embodied the belief of a homosexual / heterosexual binary. This belief has resulted in great efforts by many to eliminate bisexuality from the world view. Bisexuality, however, may be the factual "norm" Freud and others believed to be true. The primary author of this paper experienced this fact growing up in a community where male adolescent activity was the rule, not the exception, resulting in a different perception of homosexual male realities. It is argued that the same difference in perception would apply for Ancient Greek males if they had been presented the modern concept of "gay identity" defined on the basis or erotic love and/or sexual attraction, and the associated likelihood of enjoying same-sex sexual activities.

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #18287768 - 05/19/13 12:59 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

kakashi68 said:

Incorrect, homosexual behavior is exhibited by many animal species and serves sociological / biological purposes. It is not a genetic mistake but a product of evolution.

I dont understand what role it could possibly play?

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats up with homophobia? [Re: topdog82]
    #18287780 - 05/19/13 01:02 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

out of pure curiosity, has there ever been a polytheistic god of any sort that was bi? or gay?

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

#18287984 - 05/19/13 02:08 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

kakashi68 said:

There's the 'Gay Uncle Hypothesis' for starters. Its a matter of fact that homosexuality exists in nature beyond the human race, any lack of clear definition as to why it exists comes from cultural bias.

It doesn't seem like a big mystery to me though, I'm straight and won't be having any kids. That puts me in a position of greater security and benefits my family, if I ever decided to I could also adopt. By removing myself from the reproductive cycle I become more of a benefit to society.

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

#18288362 - 05/19/13 03:42 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

topdog82 said:
Quote:

Repertoire89 said:
Quote:

kakashi68 said:

There's the 'Gay Uncle Hypothesis' for starters. Its a matter of fact that homosexuality exists in nature beyond the human race, any lack of clear definition as to why it exists comes from cultural bias.

It doesn't seem like a big mystery to me though, I'm straight and won't be having any kids. That puts me in a position of greater security and benefits my family, if I ever decided to I could also adopt. By removing myself from the reproductive cycle I become more of a benefit to society.

I have never heard the gay uncle hypothesis?

And yes I agree with you in that lots of species display homosexuality. That only one displays homphobia

But still, I dont see the role that it could play, and disagree with that. I will look it up and get back to u

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats up with homophobia? [Re: zzripz]
    #18288365 - 05/19/13 03:43 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
Quote:

kakashi68 said:

You have typically sucked in the official homophobic propaganda which DIVDES the 'homosexual' from the 'heterosexual', and makes out that the former is inferior and latter is superior. But these are just divisory tactics. It is not as black and white as that. Read this article:

Quote:

The social construction of male homosexuality

The modern concept of male homosexuality, or "gay," as the likely social construction Michel Foucault and others have emphasized it to be, has embodied the belief of a homosexual / heterosexual binary. This belief has resulted in great efforts by many to eliminate bisexuality from the world view. Bisexuality, however, may be the factual "norm" Freud and others believed to be true. The primary author of this paper experienced this fact growing up in a community where male adolescent activity was the rule, not the exception, resulting in a different perception of homosexual male realities. It is argued that the same difference in perception would apply for Ancient Greek males if they had been presented the modern concept of "gay identity" defined on the basis or erotic love and/or sexual attraction, and the associated likelihood of enjoying same-sex sexual activities.

I will read this later. That looks like a great article. And it solidifies my theory that there arent two extremes. We are all just variants of bisexuality

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Loc: Being a burden
    #18289004 - 05/19/13 06:11 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
out of pure curiosity, has there ever been a polytheistic god of any sort that was bi? or gay?

As far as I know only pan.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #18291150 - 05/20/13 05:02 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Checkout
Quote:

topdog82 said:

Quote:

see Apollo and Hyacinth - World History of Gay Love Comments on the Concepts of Gay and Homosexual:

The book The Gay Greek Myths restores the homosexual and homoerotic content of the Greek myths. But Gay Greek Myths, indeed "gay mythology" in general, is a misnomer. "Gay" as a sexual identity is a recent development, emerging only in the 20th Century and our idea of what it means to be gay or a homosexual has largely been influenced by recent gay activism and the emergence of gay rights on the cultural landscape. In the time of the Greeks there was no such identity as gay - or straight - and they did not compartmentalize their sexuality into homosexual and heterosexual. Their homosexual passions were part of their erotic expression as sexual beings. They would not have considered their love for boys as gay or homosexual, as separate from other sexual expressions, and the worth of the relationship was judged not by the gender of the person one loved, but by its results. Nevertheless, throughout this site you will see the use of the words gay, homosexual and homosexuality when referring to ancient practices. Indeed this very section is titled "Homosexual Greek Myths." This is done for practical purposes, so we can easily describe the sexual relations of the ancients with familiar vocabulary. Things, however, were much more complex then the words might indicate.

Quote:

Dionysos was bisexual~~Gay Myths: Dionysus / Bacchus Dionysus and satyr, Roman copy of a Greek statue circa 200 AD, from the excavations of the Palazzo Mattei a Quattro Fontane.[/caption]Dionysus was the god of wine, ecstasy, poetry, and love.

He was often described as womanly and he was lovers to both Adonis, the male god of beauty and desire, and the two-sexed Hermaphrodite.

In Rome he was transformed into Bacchus, god of drunkenness and orgies, an older and less sensitive character.

Also a crucial thing to understand. Dionysos~~~ when dis-cover-ing the root meaning of that mythical god's name, it is actually referring to psychedelic vegetation! The roots of mythology itself is really about psychedelic experience and creative and spiritual inspiration. Understand that the rigid roles we are made to believe we are can be totally dissolved when in psychedelically inspired ecstasy, and then you may very well understand and explore your bisexual nature. It doesn't even have to be full on sex, but sensual erotic orgasmic interrelationship with others and nature also.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Whats up with homophobia? [Re: zzripz]
    #18293248 - 05/20/13 03:08 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't say I'm gay, but I do get pretty bored when that secret dildo is around.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinezoomfan
doubt 'er
Male

Loc: eastern Canada
Re: Whats up with homophobia? [Re: circastes]
    #18295651 - 05/20/13 11:27 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

i just wanted to make it 70 lol

--------------------
Thinking is dreaming wake up and enjoy the dream.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag