Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery

Loc: New York
Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st.
    #18286798 - 05/19/13 09:22 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Not sure if this had been posted yet or not.

Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st, 2013. This bill was passed April 16th, 2013 and signed by the governor. the state of TN associated Kratom with spice and bathsalts just like the main stream media. Once again this shows how ignorant our politicians are who don't even spend 2 minutes to research what Kratom is. Or perhaps they are simply in the pockets of big pharma and don't care about the benefits of Kratom and the fact that it helps hundreds of thousands of people.

Bill History
http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/BillInf/Default.aspx?BillNumber=HB0012

Read the full bill to ban Kratom in Tennessee.

Send the governor of TN a message about Kratom, maybe he will learn the benefits of Kratom and possibly get this amazing herb off the ban list.

Governor Bill Haslam:
phone: (615) 741-2001
email: Bill.Haslam@TN.gov

http://www.smoketalk.net/1130/tennessee-to-ban-kratom-on-july-1st.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNovartis
Dimitri
Loc: everywhere
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: p14y80y]
    #18286903 - 05/19/13 10:04 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Another item banned without justification. We should warn the government about C-SPAN and congregational hearings.  They're known to induce sleep and have been abused by all classes of people as a sleep aid.  Ban C-SPAN !!!

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: Novartis]
    #18286940 - 05/19/13 10:20 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It's only a matter of time. If anything like this happens here I'll drop like five grand and get around probably 85-100 pounds and sell it all.

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

Offlinedank615
Cold Women & Warm Beer
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #18286952 - 05/19/13 10:25 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

such bullshit. Its because all the headshops that used to sell spice and bathsalts are selling kratom for human consumption now. Going to have to stock up soon.

OfflineBitter Cactus
reformed bad boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: dank615]
    #18286958 - 05/19/13 10:29 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Bikkkkkkkkkkkkhuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkk

--------------------
Taking acid and thinking you are a better man is a lot different then actually becoming a better man.

InvisibleNovartis
Dimitri
Loc: everywhere
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: Bitter Cactus]
    #18286982 - 05/19/13 10:46 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

True this is one item that many people in the opiate game love.  Well, it's a 50/50 thing.  Some people sweat by it, others think it's bull.  Either way, the one's that swear by it spend money on it a lot, and few seem to know how to go about getting it in bulk.  It becoming illegal creates an awesome new safer underground market where the end user isn't as stereo typically sketchy.  Kilo's of it can become an awesome investment, and a service to humans by providing safe access to a natural resource mother nature intended to be used.  ;p  as we say: "time to stock up"

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
    #18287176 - 05/19/13 12:14 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

I still have a Kg---  Kratom is nice but it doesn't impress me so much that I'd go out of my way to import once it's illegal.

it's sad that it's going this way---  but it might be better for the forests, keeping idiots from over-harvesting the leaf :shrug:

just goes to show how destructive the "head-shop legal-high" industry really is.  basically they promote irresponsible use of medicinal compuonds-- and this is where it leads us, disrespect.  :frown:  :yarly::evildog: :dislike:  :obamafrown:  :badmanthisfeels:  :excellent:  :uhno:  :freshwtf:  :boxxy:  :chutup:  :stanhopefacepalm:

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

Offlinemindapparatus
Familiar Stranger
Male

#18287181 - 05/19/13 12:16 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

:noyoudidawet:

...What?

This doesn't make any sense.
If anything they are doing it bc headshops are selling it and they don't like headshops.
(mostly bc they have been selling spice and loophole incense)
So now every product a headshop sells is to be banned
wtf 

I would like to know their justification for this aswell

InvisibleMentalMeltdown
Fuckin Stuckin in the Muckin
Male

Loc: Philly Flag
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: mindapparatus]
    #18287197 - 05/19/13 12:23 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

This is nuts. Kratom is no different then coffee in the way people use it.

--------------------

Invisiblexbloodwhipx
TAKE FLIGHT
Male

Loc: mushroom land
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: MentalMeltdown]
    #18287282 - 05/19/13 12:50 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MentalMeltdown said:
This is nuts. Kratom is no different then coffee in the way people use it.

BAN COFFEE

:noyoudidawet:

--------------------
:awedisgust: :penis: :drysmash: :penis: :awedisgust:

:awehigh::spinleaf::awehigh:

Invisibletravelleler
a horse-fart in a hurricane
 User Gallery

Loc: yonder mountains
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #18287578 - 05/19/13 02:16 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Well you gotta admit that Tennessee is weird.  The county where Jack Daniel's Whiskey is distilled is actually a "dry county" and no alcohol consumption is allowed there.  Company tasters aren't even allowed to swallow the whiskey.  :shrug:

--------------------

"Whales have deep thoughts"

:sun:Dreams are the fuel of the soul:sun:

:peace:

OfflineSuchness
Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wi
    #18288985 - 05/19/13 08:05 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

This bums me out big ...its only a matter of time for my state...and yours!

Invisibleeriatarka
infomissionary
Male

Loc: I forget..
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: travelleler]
    #18289372 - 05/19/13 10:03 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

travelleler said:
Well you gotta admit that Tennessee is weird.  The county where Jack Daniel's Whiskey is distilled is actually a "dry county" and no alcohol consumption is allowed there.  Company tasters aren't even allowed to swallow the whiskey.  :shrug:

Luckily this is no longer the case, though it was true up to two years ago.. but, the county (Moore Co.) to which you refer is a dry county in that they don't allow liquor to be sold by the bottle - except in the J.D. gift shop - (though it's not like some places, i.e. Nome, AK, where even the POSSESSION of alcohol is illegal, which, to me, goes against the constitution - just as much as weed prohibition). liquor is, however, allowed to be consumed in restaurants like applebees, o'charley's, etc., as long as their food sales exceed their liquor sales by a certain percentage (which is why more traditional bars are still not allowed in these counties).. Jack Daniels's distillery even has a tour on which you can taste their freshly-distilled spirits.. if u read this on a site or in an article, then it probably written before 2012, but is not that way any more.

luckily, more and more of these counties throughout the southern US are finally beginning to lift their prohibition-like bans on alcohol (while in most every one of these counties, any beverage with up to 15# alcohol by volume can still be purchased at a grocery store or gas station - or, in some states - beer/wine stores).. it just frightens me as to how long it'll take them to catch up to the oncoming onslaught of marijuana prohibition; maybe by the time i'm dying of cancer they'll allow it for medicinal purposes.

--------------------
***>>*** Trade List ***<<***

"Ladies and gentlemen, I have some very shocking news for you, I have seen footage that has never aired on national TV of footage of the Bradley tanks shooting fire into the [Waco] Compound; the Branch Davidians did not start the fire, they were murdered, in cold blood, by the..liars, scumbags, the ATF."
-Bill Hicks

I know it happened a long time ago, but PLEASE watch these:
http://youtu.be/PCblw0_ls7M Waco - A New Revelation
http://youtu.be/pmOBNnz9Wms Waco - The Rules of Engagement

Invisiblexbloodwhipx
TAKE FLIGHT
Male

Loc: mushroom land
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: eriatarka]
    #18289515 - 05/19/13 10:32 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

eriatarka said:
Quote:

travelleler said:

Luckily this is no longer the case, though it was true up to two years ago.. but, the county (Moore Co.) to which you refer is a dry county in that they don't allow liquor to be sold by the bottle - except in the J.D. gift shop - (though it's not like some places, i.e. Nome, AK, where even the POSSESSION of alcohol is illegal, which, to me, goes against the constitution - just as much as weed prohibition). liquor is, however, allowed to be consumed in restaurants like applebees, o'charley's, etc., as long as their food sales exceed their liquor sales by a certain percentage (which is why more traditional bars are still not allowed in these counties).. Jack Daniels's distillery even has a tour on which you can taste their freshly-distilled spirits.. if u read this on a site or in an article, then it probably written before 2012, but is not that way any more.

luckily, more and more of these counties throughout the southern US are finally beginning to lift their prohibition-like bans on alcohol (while in most every one of these counties, any beverage with up to 15# alcohol by volume can still be purchased at a grocery store or gas station - or, in some states - beer/wine stores).. it just frightens me as to how long it'll take them to catch up to the oncoming onslaught of marijuana prohibition; maybe by the time i'm dying of cancer they'll allow it for medicinal purposes.

Yeah dry counties are fucking RETARDED. People can make alcohol with bakers yeast+apple juice+ sugar in 3 days if they are desperate enough. The fact that alcohol is legal makes dry counties even more stupid. Also in "partially" dry counties, whats the fucking difference in getting drunk on beer and liquor? I mean jesus... They both get you drunk. If you slam beer you can get drunk on it as fast as liquor.

--------------------
:awedisgust: :penis: :drysmash: :penis: :awedisgust:

:awehigh::spinleaf::awehigh:

OfflineRelajarse
----------------------
Male

#18289755 - 05/19/13 11:21 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Really? Come on let's be honest :rolleyes:

You cans can use terminology like "medical" or act like kratom is equivalent to a cup of chamomile tea .....but its not :lol: Its a potent ass herb that can have serious side effects when abused. You know it..I know it...the federal government knows it which is why action is being taken. Doctors in ER's are having kids coming in experiencing withdrawals akin to that of heroin :eek:

I'm not for it being banned either. But to throw a mild tantrum and to act like a blind person just got punched in the nose isn't helpful when arguing if something should be legal or not. Logical arguments...science...and common sense are what does that. Refuse to use any of them... and just acting like a teen who wants to stay high will fuck over every chemical allot quicker

--------------------
Lyanla:: Where was God when you put that first line of cocaine in your system ?

DMX:: ......right there :bored:

Edited by Relajarse (05/19/13 11:23 PM)

OfflineMajoses
Homo sapiens sapiens
 User Gallery

Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: Relajarse]
    #18289800 - 05/19/13 11:30 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Fuuuuck. I hope WV isn't next.

--------------------
:lsdabc: :feelsgoodman:

InvisibleBoomerMan420
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18289821 - 05/19/13 11:33 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Caffeine can have serious side effects too drink 20 cups and have your fucking heart blow out

OfflineRelajarse
----------------------
Male

Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: BoomerMan420]
    #18289907 - 05/19/13 11:50 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BoomerMan420 said:
Caffeine can have serious side effects too drink 20 cups and have your fucking heart blow out

Exactly ....and that's a much better argument than acting as if a cure for cancer was just banned because of big pharma :tinfoil:

--------------------
Lyanla:: Where was God when you put that first line of cocaine in your system ?

DMX:: ......right there :bored:

Offlinetripp23
Kratom Freak
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida, US
    #18290836 - 05/20/13 03:47 AM (5 years, 2 months ago)

great.. its starting.. :facepalm:

is their a petition to rule against this?!

--------------------
Experience my nightmarish first time of smoking Ganja!

OfflineAllGreyThumbs
Storage Container Aficionado
Male

Loc: Some savage little planet...
Re: Tennessee to ban kratom on July 1st. [Re: tripp23]
    #18291999 - 05/20/13 12:18 PM (5 years, 2 months ago)

It looks like they only listed the two main chemicals and not the herb itself.  It happened in Vermont and for a while you could still order the leaf.  Eventually there was even an exception made for un-enhanced material.  Granted Vermont is not Tennessee.  Even so I wouldn't be surprised if you could still order the leaf, especially if you already have a relationship with a sympathetic vendor.

I quite enjoy Kratom, and use relatively small amounts almost daily.  It is perfect for me.  All natural (even organic) and mild enough that it causes me no issues when used regularly.  Yet it still has a little of the opiate feel I have always loved.  I can use a little for energy before a run, or when working around the house, or have some pleasant relaxation towards the end of a busy day.  Without a doubt, Kratom makes my life better.

As far as addiction and adverse effects goes, I really do think that in the case of Kratom it has more to do with a person's attitude than with the substance itself.  Somebody that uses it for a specific condition might have minimal trouble quitting if their condition ever improves.  Somebody that uses it more like coffee may develop a regular habit, but only experience very mild physical dependence (like me).  On the other hand somebody that is using it for a high, a thrill, or to get off, is operating from a state of mind that is bound to cause problems regardless of what substance they happen to use.

--------------------
I only use drugs medicinally.  If I don't my knees hurt from kneeling down.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Incense

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service