Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution'
    #1828650 - 08/19/03 02:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

From  http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=101&e=17&u=/po/scientistcallsgaypeoplepinnacleofevolution:
Quote:

SUMMARY: While conservative groups dismiss homosexuality as "unnatural," a leading zoologist has said gay people could be seen as the "pinnacle of evolution."

At a time when religious and conservative right-wing groups are attempting to dismiss homosexuality as "unnatural," a leading zoologist has said gay people could be seen as the "pinnacle of evolution."

Speaking at the Edinburgh Book Festival, Clive Bromhall said that humankind's evolution has resulted in our present state of "infantilism," in which we break the primate mold by being playful, creative and childlike right into adulthood.

"From men's obsession with swollen breasts to our constant search for a pseudoparental God, everything about the human species is infantile," Bromhall said in a lecture.

"Like baby chimps, we have soft, downy bodies, flat faces and large, rounded heads. Like them, we too want to be kissed, cuddled and stroked; we remain playful, compliant and comparatively mild-mannered for the whole of our lives," he added.

Bromhall claims that infantilism is rejected by straight people as they age -- and that by remaining in same-sex relationships, gay men and women are actually displaying superiority over their peers.

"We've known for years that homosexuality is linked to a playful, creative character," he said.

"Homosexuals excel as artists, thespians and other playful, mimetic professions. Being playful is at the heart of being human. It's something that should be celebrated. You could say that homosexuals are at the pinnacle of human evolution."

Bromhall was speaking to promote his new book "The Eternal Child" at the festival.

Thoughts?

I've never thought of us as being superior, if anything, if there must be a reason for us to exist, I've thought of us as being mainly a form of population control, you know, to make up for the masses of straight people who couldn't keep it in their pants :wink:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/19/03 02:35 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: neutralizer]
    #1828656 - 08/19/03 02:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you know, to make up for the masses of straight people who couldn't keep it in their pants

On average, gays have many more lovers and more frequent sexual encounters than heteros; so it seems gays have a much more difficult time "keeping it in their pants".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Swami]
    #1828659 - 08/19/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, but we don't contribute to overpopulation while we do it. And where do your statistics come from? Not doubting them, it's just been a while since I saw a study like that.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/19/03 02:31 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1828666 - 08/19/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have no link to the studies. I read the surveys many years ago while living in the SF Bay Area when AIDs first appeared and there was much discussion on closing down the gay bathhouses. I do not remember if the stats were local or country-wide, which would make quite a difference as SF is / was certainly an example of excess.

--------------------

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Swami]
    #1828669 - 08/19/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder if the number of guys who meet up in bathhouses is really that much higher than the number of guys and girls who go to bars and clubs and hook up from there, or who meet at parties and hook up from there, or who meet through dating online and hook up from there...etc.

Was the discussion you were referring to poised to support the "gays are the cause of AIDS" point of view? If so, seems like it would be 1) misinformed since the disease was pretty new at the time and 2) it was perhaps skewed to make it seem like it was a gay man's disease and that we needed to close down the breeding grounds for this disease. True, gay men did make up a disproportionate majority of HIV cases, but throughout the world it is hardly a gay man's disease.

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/19/03 02:43 AM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1828686 - 08/19/03 02:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder if the number of guys who meet up in bathhouses is really that much higher than the number of guys and girls who go to bars and clubs and hook up from there.
Form what I heard, it was not uncommon to have a dozen different gay partners in a day. As a straight male, I have never had more than one partner in an evening; nor did I have the desire for more.

Was the discussion you were referring to poised to support the "gays are the cause of AIDS" point of view?
It wasn't as much finger pointing and moral judgement as it was trying to understand the rapid expansion of AIDs. In gay party places like Fire Island; whole groups were wiped out due to extreme partner swapping.

I found it fairly ironic during those times that gays were making so much noise for more AIDs funding; yet at the same time denying it was predominantly a gay disease; which it was in the USA. "Protect us!" they shouted; yet when the mayor of SF proposed closing the bathhouses, they were screaming about violation of civil rights even as they watched many friends dying.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#1828689 - 08/19/03 02:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

BTW, I think your zoologist's article is non-sensical. His case and definitions are so vague as to be meaningless.

--------------------

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #1828691 - 08/19/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know why exactly, but I can't help but think of that book 'The Time Machine' by Orsen Wells (?) The main character finds himself in the distant future and he sees this entire race of 'evolved' humans...who, incidently were eerily similiar to full grown versions of little kids (in the sense that they were obviously 'adults' for the most part, yet they were far too playful and fun-loving to really be taken seriously) But it's not until later on in the book that the truth of this so called 'superior' race is brought to life, and the main character realizes that they're really little more then the aristocratic types of today's society...or rather, what they've become after eons of being tended to hand and foot for god knows how long by the almost ape-like 'alternative' future humans who apparently evolved from the working class types that were cast out into underground cavers some time far off in the past.

Not that any of this really has anything to do with the topic at hand...this is just the first thing that popped into my head when I read the first post (and if that's not good enough for you, then I'll just have hop back into illogical land for a second here so I can slap you with my good ol' faithful "there are no stupid answers, just stupid people" remark)

P.S. don't mind me...I need sleep

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1828703 - 08/19/03 02:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think the guy's article is nonsensical as well.

A dozen partners in a day!? That's a lot of sex. If anyone is having sex with twelve people a day, then they probably have a sexual addiction and they should seek help. There are heterosexual people as well as homosexual people with sexual addiction. I don't think I know anyone who has ever had twelve different partners in a day. Does anyone? That makes gay people sound like sex-crazed maniacs with nothing else on their minds; kind of like some straight people I know:)

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/19/03 03:00 AM)

Offlined4m0n
journeyman

#1828723 - 08/19/03 03:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

if infantism is supirior I must be a GOD! There is nothing I crave more than sliding my dick back and forth in between a girls swollen breasteses as she cuddles, strokes, and playfully suckles me. Every girl is bi at heart.. Get 2 in your bed and youll know what I mean. Fag boys are livestock. There are many cultures who slaughter homoboys for meat daily. now THATS evolution.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: d4m0n]
    #1828729 - 08/19/03 03:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think that article is complete bullshit.

He talks about conservatism... so this article clearly displays the other end of that spectrum.

Homosexuals superior? Seems more like reverse discrimination to me, a mere defense tactic: fighting fire with fire. :thumbdown:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1828807 - 08/19/03 05:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

There are heterosexual people as well as homosexual people with sexual addiction.

Perhaps the idea that gays are more promiscuous comes from the fact that the HIV virus spreads more quickly if the recipient of the infected sperm is also equipped with a penis. It's more difficult for the virus to move from a vagina to another person.

OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1828831 - 08/19/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Interessting thought, but really its just that.

Though same sex sex, won't produce babies, it will also not
take away the want for babies, as more and more gay couples adopt.

So, na not superior, just humans like the rest of us :-)

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Paid]
    #1828889 - 08/19/03 06:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> gay people could be seen as the "pinnacle of evolution

For that to be true, gay people would need to be able to reproduce asexually, like bacteria.  Every text that I have read indicates that sexual reproduction was an evolutionary step up from asexual reproduction.  One might argue that medical science has progressed in the last twenty years far enough to provide artificial methods of sexual reproduction.  This would require that natural selection have worked towards this evolution  in less than a generation, which simply does not happen.

> Homosexuals excel as artists, thespians and other playful, mimetic professions.

Great... so why are artists more evolved than engineers, or trash collectors for that matter?  That trashman in Dilbert seems to be pretty damn smart... oh wait, that's a comic... silly me...

> From men's obsession with swollen breasts

Thank you for generalizing...

> and that by remaining in same-sex relationships, gay men and women are actually displaying superiority over their peers

Thank you for generalizing... I would like to see some research showing long term trends in relationships between hetrosexuals and homosexuals.

I have nothing again homosexuals, same sex marriages, etc... but when some Zoologist gets up and starts shouting that he is better than me because he is different, I am going to go for his kneecaps.  :grin:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Seuss]
    #1828933 - 08/19/03 07:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

.....but when some Zoologist gets up and starts shouting that he is better than me because he is different.....

I have always kinda wondered why gay people seemingly love to express their sexuality to *everyone* that comes within their general vacinity...whether it be with gay rights bumper stickers, or overly flambouyant keychains with choice little phrases like 'I'll suck your dick for a nickle, but you can suck mine for free', or by simply making a habbit of constantly making refferrence to their sexual preference at least a dozen times in any given conversation. I'm sorry, but I find something very unsettling about anyone who can't find anything better about themselves to brag about other then their sexual orientation. Sometimes it seems almost as if these people feel that that is the only thing in their lives that give them any worth. I mean, I'm proud to admit that my ass is exit only, but that doesn't mean I have to work it into every damn conversation I'm ever going to have...I'm sorry, but I find too many other things about myself far more interresting, and I always assume people would prefer to hear about those more then how much I love the pootang.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Offlineneutralizer
    #1829052 - 08/19/03 08:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mystical_Craven said:
I have always kinda wondered why gay people seemingly love to express their sexuality to *everyone* that comes within their general vacinity...

As someone a few posts above said...Generalization!

I too would like to see statistics on a good, unbiased, random sample of modern sexual behaviour and relationships of heterosexuals and homosexuals. I'll let you know when I find it.

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1829239 - 08/19/03 10:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That is weak. Personally, I find bisexual women to be the 'Pinnacle of Evolution.'

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Autonomous]
    #1829267 - 08/19/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think bisexuals in general would be more evolved. They aren't bound by the limits of gender or sex. Is there a reason that bisexual women would be more evolved than bisexual men? Note, though, that I don't think the evolution we're talking about is really the same kind of evolution we learned about in schools (or didn't, thanks to the intelligent creationists).

--------------------

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' *DELETED* [Re: neutralizer]
    #1829337 - 08/19/03 11:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: poke smot!]
    #1829358 - 08/19/03 11:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That's why we want to adopt children so we can convert them to propogate our culture and agenda.

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

#1829410 - 08/19/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

neutralizer said:
Is there a reason that bisexual women would be more evolved than bisexual men?

They're more fun to be with. Guys are all hairy and ruff (unless they deforest), women are soft. Women have an orifice designed to accommodate the male sexual organ, guys can only 'fudge' this by offering an orifice that is designed to excrete waste (yuk!!!) or by using their mouths - women's mouths are better and are generally surrounded by softer tissue and lack beards or moustaches (certain Mediterranean women excepted).

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

#1829468 - 08/19/03 11:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

doesn't the evolution aspect dictate that in order for the fittest to survive, it must be able to reproduce?

It's the other way around: in order to reproduce, one must first survive. And the gene that produces homosexuality in some people maybe increases the chances of survival and sexual reproduction in other people. Who knows?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1829497 - 08/19/03 11:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> It's the other way around: in order to reproduce, one must first survive

Of course, homosexuality tends to exclude sexual reproduction which would tend to remove said genes from the gene pool resulting in evolution away from not towards homosexuality.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Seuss]
    #1829618 - 08/19/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

But what if it produces homosexuality in 10% of those who inherit the gene, and in the other 90% it produces a heterosexual sex drive that is 15% stronger than that of people who don't have the gene?

Or it could be several genes, for example two recessive genes that produce homosexuality only when both are inherited from both parents, and in all other cases they just contribute to higher rates of reproduction.

I'm just speculating of course, I have no idea how this actually works. My point is that genes survive if their net effect in the whole population increases the chance of reproduction. For a gene, the individual life-form is just an isolated experiment.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1829811 - 08/19/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

That's why we want to adopt children so we can convert them to propogate our culture and agenda.

Are YOU Fer REAl? Seriously though, are you serious? YOu think that their should be some kind of seperate "culture"? Thats the complete opposite of equal rights. You may be joking on this one. But i know plenty of peope who scream "minority", and all they are really asking for is to be special. You know how many scholarships and or aid goes to minorities? And yet none go to some of the people that really need it. People who are in the crevices of socio/economic advancement. But yet i tell you, someone can scream minority and they are either given the "awwww, i feel sorry for you, let me give you some money" or they get ignored. Which i dont think is right. But i think its just the opposite to say you want to create something away from the human population. If anything we should be working to integrate and tolerate one another, not seperation.

This is why i love to read, cause i have seen some errors in OUR culture. Fahrenheit 451, a world of minorities so bent on their own specialness, they get rid of knowledge all together just so they can be satisfied by not having to think that someone may be against them.

------
Trick Question :wink:

Does anyone here think that it should have ever been made to give women the right to vote?

--------------------
What?

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1829836 - 08/19/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Homosexuality is a naturally occuring phenomena in high density populations all over the animal kingdom... so I am wondering if this is why some gays claim to have been "born gay" and what sort of trends we are going to see as our population increases.

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1830165 - 08/19/03 02:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe, yeah I was just jokin'.  The sad part is, that some people really think that we want to do that - to corrupt the children and stuff.  :rolleyes:  I don't want to get into the whole adoption argument right now.  But I do agree with pretty much everything you said, including the minority part. 

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/19/03 02:42 PM)

Anonymous

#1831525 - 08/19/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know a lot of guys that can't wait to tell you about their sexual exploits or homos that want to tell you (in many diverse ways) about their sexual orientation.

So, listen real carefully.

I don't fucking want to hear it.

I don't want to know you suck some guys dick. I don't want to know if you get your wife in the shitter. I don't want to hear anything about what you do in the bedroom. Ok?

Good.

And thanks.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: ]
    #1831705 - 08/19/03 10:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

he he he...

So what are you REALLY trying to say. :smirk:

--------------------
-- Mark Twain

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1837767 - 08/21/03 03:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think Mr. Bromhall is speaking out of a bull's ass, and way over-generalizing.
Quote:

"Homosexuals excel as artists, thespians and other playful, mimetic professions. Being playful is at the heart of being human. It's something that should be celebrated. You could say that homosexuals are at the pinnacle of human evolution."

This is complete crap, the majority of artists, thespians and other "playful" careers, are not gay. The only relationship between these types of careers and homosexuality is within gay culture, and is not related to evolution. It's simple, gay people typically pick careers in which they can meet other gay people, or where homosexuality is accepted. The fact that there are many more is gay hairdressers than gay football coaches is not some wonder of evolution, its simply how culture works.

Anonymous

Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Remy]
    #1837816 - 08/21/03 03:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

Well said.

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
    #1837903 - 08/21/03 03:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hahahaha... a gay football coach... that's hilarious!

Anyways, as for the whole pinnacle of evolution thing, it doesn't apply to all homosexuals, just as playfulness or "infantilism" doesn't apply exclusively to homosexuals.

I'm a relatively playful person myself, and many people actually think I'm gay after getting to know me under certain conditions. Most gay men I've met are very attracted to me because of some of the gay-like qualities I possess, yet, I have absolutely no desire for homosexual relations of any sort. And I have met a few really idiotic gay people who are quite far from the evolutionary pinnacle of humankind.

I will agree that for the most part, gays might have a tendency to be less inhibited or restrained by societal expectations. They are more free and open with who they are, and more willing to explore certain aspects of themselves that your typical macho straight males are afraid to look at.

One thing that perhaps we can agree on is that these All-American hetero Budweiser-drinking, football-watching, pork rind-eating, wife-beating males are at the BOTTOM of the human evolutionary scale.

Everyone needs a little bit of gay in them. It's not the gays themselves who are more evolved, but the ability to comfortably act "gay" once in a while WITHOUT necessarily having the desire to place your penis inside another man's A-hole is definitely a step forward in our evolution...

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1838628 - 08/21/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with the notion that the gay lifestyle is indeed an EXCELLENT solution to overpopulation, but so is choosing to strictly practice safe-sex and deciding to not have children :wink:

heh I'm not sure if evolution is actually causing homosexuality - many gays will support that claim though I'm sure :smile:

Interesting stuff....

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Strumpling]
    #1838649 - 08/21/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Even if it is a genetic thing, and if at some point down the road homosexuality is culled out of the gene pool because most homosexuals don't reproduce, does that have any bearing on morality? Would you treat us with less respect than you would a guy with Downe's syndrome you see walking down the street, or any other genetic 'defect'?

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

#1838745 - 08/21/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

neutralizer said:
Would you treat us with less respect than you would a guy with Downe's syndrome you see walking down the street, or any other genetic 'defect'?

Come on, it's not a genetic 'defect.' It's probably a congenital condition resulting from a combination of factors such as a particular genetic make-up coupled with conditions in the womb affecting the development of the fetus. TheShroomHermit previously pointed out that homosexuality increases in many animals when there is a higher population density. This indeed may be nature's way of stabilizing a species population and may benefit the species over all by reducing population growth when the environment cannot support much more (keeping everyone from starving by curbing the birth rate).

--------------------
-- Mark Twain

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Autonomous]
    #1838764 - 08/21/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I dislike useless claims like this that are schemed by "socialogists" who do "studies"

Gay people are the pinnacle of evolution

How? By choosing not to reproduce? By spreading Hiv (the new plague)? By having a higher suicide rate?

Right and wrong can only be talked about from an evolutionary standpoint. If something promotes life or the likelyhood that life will be sustained, it is good or right. Otherwise, Bad. Homosexuality is neutral to me, I don't care what people do, but please do not tell me they are the pinnacle of evolution

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlineneutralizer
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: SpecialEd]
    #1838887 - 08/21/03 09:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think it's purely genetic myself. But if it were, would we be treated any differently than anyone else with 'abnormal' genetic variation? What would happen to the Christian mythos?

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/21/03 09:16 PM)

Offlineneutralizer
    #1838889 - 08/21/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I believe straight women are the fastest growing group of HIV+ people, looks like gay men aren't the only ones paying for immorality :wink: I guess also that S. Africa is one of the most immoral and sinful places in the world, too.  This isn't really in reply to anyone, just a thought I guess.

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/21/03 09:12 PM)

Invisiblealakona
I threw my slippers at the beast
Female User Gallery

Loc: ville.
    #1839364 - 08/22/03 12:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

poke smot! said:
If nobody mentioned this,

doesn't the evolution aspect dictate that in order for the fittest to survive, it must be able to reproduce?

yes, in fact, your "fitness" is determined on that very fact: whether or not you can reproduce. If a man (or woman) is infertile, they are considered "unfit". just to clarify...

--------------------
making you want to be a better person since 2008. 

TrippinTeddy said:
sometimes when I'm raping a bitch, I like to tickle her ribs and under neath her arms, and I say "loosen up bitch, lets have fun now because if I have to kill your squirming ass, only one of us will be having fun, and you can't have a party all by yourself can you?" Then its usually all laughs and good times from there.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1839615 - 08/22/03 03:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I know a lot of guys that can't wait to tell you about their sexual exploits or homos that..

Wow. Shows you what such a topic brings out of even normally even-tempered people. It seems like sexuality is such an overwhelming influence on us that it overrides people's higher impulses in unexpected ways.

I don't really buy the premise of the post, but I have never really understood the bias against gay people. If it's biological in origin we have no grounds to criticize; If it's behavioral, that just improves the odds of a straight guy getting a girl so why complain? I may not like A1 steak sauce on my ribeye, but I won't punch you in the mouth if you happen to have such lousy taste!

As for gay people being sexually outrageous in public, there is no excuse for that. However, if someone has been oppressed by society all their life, is it really so surprising that they would be tempted to let it all hang out so to speak when given the chance?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Anonymous

Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Jellric]
    #1839639 - 08/22/03 04:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Truth be told Jellric, this thread shouldn't even be in this forum.  It's premise is evolution which is neither spiritual nor philosophic.

And in this instance I am not the only one who should be "Thank God, he's not a mod".

:lol: 

Offlineneutralizer
    #1839848 - 08/22/03 08:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What forum should it go in then?  I couldn't really find a better home for it, Mods if you can, then be my guest - would be interesting to get some new opinions.

Just please don't move it to OTD or the Pub :smile:

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/22/03 08:04 AM)

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: Jellric]
    #1840104 - 08/22/03 09:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry but I think that statement is arraogant at best.

The simple fact that homsexuals can't reproduce says to me that this is an evolutionary failure.

Still, the trait is passed on through non-homsexuals but this may be more to do with cultural stigmas than anything else (homosexuals that denied their compulsions).

If however mankind were to develop methods of reproducing toher that through intercourse or whatever than perhaps homosexuality could develop over time.

Anonymous

#1846689 - 08/24/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

neutralizer said:
What forum should it go in then?  I couldn't really find a better home for it, Mods if you can, then be my guest - would be interesting to get some new opinions.

Just please don't move it to OTD or the Pub :smile:

Zoology, Biology, Evolution, etc are better placed in the Science Forum.  That is why we have it.  Also, that forum doesn't need its threads elsewhere because it doesn't get enough traffic as it is.

Mods?

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1849097 - 08/25/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I believe homosexuality is genetic because of two reasons, 1 actully learned in school. The 1st one is, who would choose to be gay? Its alot of unneed BS. The 2nd is because of scientific studies. We learned of studies done on twins, in cases where 1 twin was gay there was a 50-60% chance that the other twin would be also. Besides that they were saying they found a possible 'gay' gene...

Quote:

neutralizer said:

Another thing we learned was that most kids that had gay parents were still strait themselves.

Hehe, I hate posting threads where they belong, they always get less replies there :tongue2:

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
    #1849127 - 08/25/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"Homosexuals excel as artists, thespians and other playful, mimetic professions.

I just thought of something. Most artists or 'creative' people like writers have had 'problems' in there life, mostly it would seem either tramtic hardship or substance problems. I would growing up and being gay could do this. Think about it, if you're religious then God hates you, if you're not then the only purpose of life is to make babies, which you cant/wont. Everyone your age starts liking the oppsite sex and your parents say how cool it will be when you get married and have kids and all that crap and you miss out on it, and let everyone else down in your mind.

Think about it, if so many gays just act strait and live an unhappy strait life and so many kill themselves deep down inside alot of them much be disturbed. If this is the case it would easily explain the 'good artist' crap and dismiss the evolutionary theory...for those that dont think not reproducing does that.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Gay people are the 'Pinnacle of Evolution' [Re: DailyPot]
    #1849153 - 08/25/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So all artists are gay?

Learn something every day.

OfflineKB1EWE
WIDE-EYEDCURIOSITY
Loc: f(s) = (8t^2-3t+35)/ i
    #1849157 - 08/25/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i was just thinking about this stuff

--------------------
E A T T H E W O R M...with moderation

OfflineClover
phenomenal woman
Loc: Beyond the Veil
    #1893894 - 09/08/03 11:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I have always kinda wondered why gay people seemingly love to express their sexuality to *everyone* that comes within their general vacinity...whether it be with gay rights bumper stickers, or overly flambouyant keychains with choice little phrases like 'I'll suck your dick for a nickle, but you can suck mine for free', or by simply making a habbit of constantly making refferrence to their sexual preference at least a dozen times in any given conversation. I'm sorry, but I find something very unsettling about anyone who can't find anything better about themselves to brag about other then their sexual orientation. Sometimes it seems almost as if these people feel that that is the only thing in their lives that give them any worth. I mean, I'm proud to admit that my ass is exit only, but that doesn't mean I have to work it into every damn conversation I'm ever going to have...I'm sorry, but I find too many other things about myself far more interresting, and I always assume people would prefer to hear about those more then how much I love the pootang.

You must be kidding. You have made a total generalization based on encounters with gay people in what must be within a very limited realm.

--------------------
"Those sweet excesses I do adore."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals