Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: the brainforest
Hunter & McKenna
    #1828451 - 08/19/03 02:37 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hello friends.

I found this  over at the ayahuasca.com forums. Highly recommended :smile: Hope you all enjoy.

the link

in reading your books I was struck with how closely your DMT experiments paralleled my own. I wasn't surprised by the confirmation, as you might guess. I considered myself a serious DMT explorer between 1967-69. I stopped only because I was told to, in no uncertain terms, by the Boss of that place. Three times, in fact, to my dismay. Disobedience was costly. I was informed that I'd been shown all that was mine to know, to use that, and not try to extract more. I've written of the classes and varieties of DMT experience in a chapter of my journal, memoirs, and will send it along at some point. The experiences were commanding and altered my grasp of reality. DMT invokes the various dimensions of its domain through pathways characterized by brisk rhythms.

As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHelp on the Way

Loc: Another World
Re: Hunter & McKenna [Re: Xochitl]
    #1828467 - 08/19/03 02:44 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

whoa...sounds cool
i hope to try it sometime soon

:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Hunter & McKenna [Re: Help on the Way]
    #1828586 - 08/19/03 03:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

what's with that? I feel like the bosses of the shroom world feel the same way about me...

My personal take on the "secret" of DMT: it was long, hard work making this world real. It was, and is, done for a purpose. To have others. To believe in them fully in order to experience love. It goes against common sense to try and see through it. Ignorance is the primary condition of Eden. But entropy is at work and a world made for love is not satisfied with the transformational edict "eat and be eaten" but kills and does not eat. A sense of ultimate unity is lost and the delusion of fundamental diversity breeds alienation. This is not Eden. Yet the monad doesn't face itself and subsume Its creation. The failing would be eternal. Therefore, doors are opened and enough of the plot is "made flesh" to allow orientation regarding the surface gist of the matter. Collectivism is a wrong approach to nostalgia for the purity of the monad. Healthy diversity perpetuates the rationale of the creation, such as it is. Healthy men, women, races and nations evolving gladly to a recognition of the source, rejoining it in a gradual and rejoicing manner, "bringing in the sheaves," would be a better solution to the human aspect of this work, and is the substance of sacred ceremonial.

could someone translate that?

The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Loc: Hyperspace
    #1828672 - 08/19/03 04:38 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm halfway through page two.... this is fUntastic stuff man - thanks for the link

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Hunter & McKenna [Re: Strumpling]
    #1828947 - 08/19/03 09:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

In case anybody didn't know Robert Hunter is a member and lyrisist of the Greatful Dead. He talks very briefly in this article about his 1/4 gram LSD trip. 250,000 mcg. now thats a huge dose. :tongue: 

Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

#1831182 - 08/19/03 09:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

this is off topic now, but my brothers name is xochi ... and i dunno what it means, whered u get urs from xochitl

"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
Re: Hunter & McKenna [Re: BleaK]
    #1831250 - 08/19/03 10:17 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Awesome link man! Very very interesting... i'm a huge McKenna fan...

Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: Hunter & McKenna [Re: ganesh]
    #1831260 - 08/19/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

holy shit china a quarter gram, im on my way to read about that

You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology