Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote.
    #1827121 - 08/18/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1827146 - 08/18/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the page is down...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1827166 - 08/18/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It must be the article about the ACLU trying to stop the recall in CA. I thought the exact same thing LDS. I think it is a bit confusing though. The article that is. First it talked about the old machines sucking. Then it sad that not hiring enough translators was hampering minorities rights. Sounds like they are just trying to postpone the recall to me. The ACLU went off the deep end a long time ago.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1827170 - 08/18/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Of course "they" think minorities are too stupid to vote. Just ask the 90,000 black and hispanic voters purged from the Florida voter records by Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris just months before the 2000 presidential election. Dumb as hell, the lot of em.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1827174 - 08/18/03 04:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Here we go...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1827185 - 08/18/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The link works for me but here it is...
Federal Judge Hears Arguments on Ballot in California Recall

Monday, August 18, 2003

LOS ANGELES ? California's high-stakes recall election has another court date Monday, when a federal judge is scheduled to hear arguments by the American Civil Liberties Union (search) that using outdated punch card machines (search) threatens to disenfranchise minorities.

"Democracy in California should not hang by a chad," said ACLU attorney Mark Rosenbaum, referring to the small pieces of paper that voters punch out of ballots that were blamed for problems in Florida in the 2000 presidential election.

The ACLU filed its lawsuit on Aug. 7 claiming voters in at least six counties would still be using the error-prone ballots if the vote is staged on Oct. 7, as planned. The suit seeks a delay until the next regular election in March 2004.

The hearing comes three days after a federal judge in San Jose considering a separate legal challenge ordered Monterey County not to send absentee ballots overseas as he considers postponing the election.

U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel said issues raised by two civil rights groups need to be sorted out to make sure minorities are not alienated as election clerks save money by opening fewer polling places and hiring fewer Spanish-speaking poll workers.

Fogel was expected to rule on the case by Aug. 29.

In Monterey and three other counties with low turnout, changes in election procedures need federal clearance. Leaders of the Mexican American Bar Association and La Raza Lawyers of California have called on President Bush to stop the election.

Over the weekend, the recall produced fresh cracks in party unity, with the state's second-ranking Democrat attacking Gov. Gray Davis' campaign and two leading Republicans bickering about their devotion to the GOP anti-tax mantra.

The division among Republicans arose when conservative candidate Bill Simon began running radio ads accusing actor Arnold Schwarzenegger (search) of being a liberal, and Schwarzenegger's spokesman fired back by comparing Simon to the Democratic incumbent.

Simon's ads chide Schwarzenegger after the actor's top economic adviser, billionaire Warren Buffett, said he believed California's famed Proposition 13 had kept the state's property taxes too low.

"Gray Davis tripled our car taxes, and now Arnold Schwarzenegger's team wants to triple our property taxes," Simon said in the ad.

Schwarzenegger spokesman Rob Stutzman accused Simon, who ran against Davis last year, of misrepresenting the actor's positions. Schwarzenegger is a staunch supporter of Prop 13, Stutzman said.

"Bill Simon (search) looks like he learned a lesson from Gray Davis last year and is putting distortions on the air," Stutzman said.

Democrats lurched into their own spat when Bustamante, the state's top-ranking Hispanic official, appeared on national television and charged that Davis aides were trying to sabotage the lieutenant governor's efforts to serve as a Democratic fallback in case the governor is recalled.

"If some of the governor's minions would stop trying to undercut my efforts, I think we could have a very coalesced opportunity for Democrats ... and we have a possibility of having a win-win position on the ballot," Bustamante said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Bustamante has urged voters to reject the recall, but he has also offered himself as a candidate to replace Davis. The recall ballot will have two parts -- a yes-or-no vote on whether to recall Davis, and a list of 135 replacement candidates for voters to consider should Davis lose.

Bustamante's chief strategist, Richie Ross, said the Davis camp was pressuring Democratic donors and activists to withhold support from Bustamante.

Steve Smith, Davis' campaign manager, said his team was not trying to cripple the Bustamante effort.

"From the governor on down, I think we've been fairly complimentary of the lieutenant governor," Smith said.

The top two Democrats in state government have never been close friends, and relations were further strained when Bustamante joined the field of possible replacement candidates.

The campaigns of several contenders should pick up speed this week.

An adviser to Davis said Monday the governor is considering making a statewide address this week to appeal directly to Democrats and independents to stand by him.

Bustamante, who until now has done almost no public campaigning, plans to unveil his economic plan for the state Tuesday in Sacramento.

And former baseball commissioner Peter V. Ueberroth (search) is scheduled to begin his campaign this week with meetings around the state with political and business reporters.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1827197 - 08/18/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks fer putting that up....
...no comments though... :tongue:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1827198 - 08/18/03 04:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Minorities are either too stupid to vote correctly or they are not, there's no in between. I'm sick of hearing this excuse. Either be a dumbfuck or learn to vote correctly.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1827214 - 08/18/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you're too stupid to understand how to vote, you shouldn't be trusted with that responsibility.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Autonomous]
    #1827325 - 08/18/03 05:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Then can we all agree that if there's a person who can't vote (maybe with a small exception if it's their first time or mental disability)they're an idiot?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1827329 - 08/18/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds right.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1827335 - 08/18/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yep. Why do you hate idiots so much? You hater! :wink:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: shakta]
    #1827374 - 08/18/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I never said i hated them, that would be flamming and _______, _______ and _______ would get pissed off if i said i hated them. My solution is Education.

Here's my plan. When a person says that they are discriminated agaist because they don't understand the ballot, the nearest person needs to extend either arm and bitch-slap him or her.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1827558 - 08/18/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, fuck voting rights, those are so lame.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1827560 - 08/18/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, fuck voting rights, those are so lame....wtf? you're mad at minorities for wanting to vote?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1827679 - 08/18/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Man lds, that statement is just plain wrong.  The problem has nothing to do with not knowing how to vote, it has to do with punch card machines having a high error rate regardless of who uses them.

There's two problems with this.  The first is the obvious one that not everyone's vote gets counted.  The second is that they are used predominately in minority districts, so a disproportionate number of minority votes won't get counted.  While I understand why you wouldn't have a problem with them, don't say that because minorities are forced to use error prone machines that they are too stupid to vote.  :mad2:   

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Cornholio]
    #1827759 - 08/18/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Seems you're not reading what I wrote. I'm not sure where you think I said that. I'll clear it up for you though. I think by this action, minorities are beling painted by a broad brush, saying in effect.... you're incapable of handling even this simple task. (well, perhaps oldies in Florida need the help  :grin:  ) I don't think treating minorities as if they are stupid is the right thing to do.

Anyone, be they white, black, green, or sickly gray (like Alpo's friend Elvis  :wink: ) who doesn't take the time to be sure they vote turns out correctly, probably shouldn't be voting to begin with. I double check mine before turning in the ballot. Don't you?

Now, as I never said what you think I said, take that red frowny face and put it #@#$%%##@.  :kiss: 

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1827787 - 08/18/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Cornholio said:
Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Seems you're not reading what I wrote. I'm not sure where you think I said that.

DUDE, YOU SAID IT IN THE TITLE OF THIS FUCKING THREAD!!!  :lol:   

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Malachi]
    #1827824 - 08/18/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

yeah, fuck voting rights, those are so lame....wtf? you're mad at minorities for wanting to vote?

Where did i say i don't want minorities to vote?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Sounds as if they think minorities are too stupid to vote. [Re: Cornholio]
    #1827842 - 08/18/03 07:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I wrote "sounds as if THEY think..... not I think. "They" as in those who filed the suit.

You wrote...
"While I understand why you wouldn't have a problem with them, don't say that because minorities are forced to use error prone machines that they are too stupid to vote."

I didn't say that they are too stupid to vote. It appears the other posters got it. I'm not sure why you didn't.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom