Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiopener
psychonaut
Loc: uk
ego loss and transcendence never happened
    #1826784 - 08/18/03 04:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i have done 3 trips in total on mushrooms. The first two i couldn't have had a profounder experiance the second of the two i candy-flipped i had half an e and quite alot of mushrooms. But for some reason on the third trip i never reached the period of de-personalization and i felt that the trip had something missing. can any one give me any clues as to why this was we ate about 25gram fresh and 5gram dried between the two of us. Also the mushroom were making us throw up and wretch alot more than of the last two trips. No nausea was encountered during the preliminary stages of the trip maybe this was due to the smoking of cannabis. All in all i had a mellower trip which was somewhat disappointing having said that profound feelings and realisations occured to me during the course of the next day. The setting couldn't have been more perfect in a field surrounded by woods with candles, oranges, incense and a fire to give us warmth during the course of the night. The psychedelic experiance (tim leary) had been read extensively before and during the experiance. A spoil to our set was a party a little way down a road that we could hear maybe this outside influence had in some way affected our minds. I would be very gratefull if someone could explain to me as to why the period of ego-loss never occured even with a dose that matched our previous experiances. It has occured to me that the mushrooms could not of been that potent but i wouldn't know if this was the case.

--------------------
who knows what it is to float in space, real space, the space of thought....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: ego loss and transcendence never happened [Re: iopener]
    #1827382 - 08/18/03 07:21 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

how long before you threw up? What (if anything) did you eat prior to your trip, Did you space out your use, how long since your last trip before this dissapointing one? remember that you have to eat a lot more when they're fresh 25g fresh is oh, around 2.5, 3 grams at the most? so that comes out to like 4 grams each. I don't know, spacing out your trips will greatly enhance subsequent trips ime. oh, and i don't think the party down the road had anything to do with it.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1827750 - 08/18/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Can you be more specific on how much you ate the first two times?

--------------------

Offlineiopener
psychonaut
Loc: uk
Re: ego loss and transcendence never happened [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1828786 - 08/19/03 06:33 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

maybe our dosage was not enough then we had ingested food 2 hours prior to the taking of the mushrooms, the first two trips i cannot exactly remember the dosage: for the first one one flush of a king bong grow kit dried and the second was 20g fresh + 10g dried and half an ecstasy. The second of the trips was about 4 weeks ago. Also this time we had mexican cubensis and the last we had columbian according to the shop.

--------------------
who knows what it is to float in space, real space, the space of thought....

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
    #1828818 - 08/19/03 07:17 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Did u eat all the shrooms in a short period? Spacing the dosage is meant to WEAKEN the trip not increase it

OfflineGrandpa
Oh, my achingback

Loc: Springfield
Re: ego loss and transcendence never happened [Re: Oook]
    #1829816 - 08/19/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

20 fresh and 10 dried and half an E?

You must have been very very high.

--------------------
I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs.
--Nancy Reagan, former First Lady

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1830736 - 08/19/03 06:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

while dosage may play something of a factor for your ego loss, after a certain point, it wont matter. if the doses were the same, chances are you didnt "lose your ego" because of your mindset. try meditating the next time you trip. even better, meditate every day.

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports