Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: will rubbing alcohol kill psilocybin if it gets on a mushroom? [Re: k00laid]
    #18252329 - 05/12/13 09:40 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

If you dehydrate the mushrooms it'll be safe as long as something ELSE toxic didn't get into it, something other than ISO Alc.
Hell, I've used hi% ISO for extracts of Psilo and other things, due to its evaporative qualities. Sure haven't died from it yet. I think.

I wonder where this person gets their toxicity delusions. Suddenly pickling lime and household alcohol are fatal by nature, especially due to the radically volatile combination with Psilo?! :lol:
"Watch out, don't let mommie put ISO Alc on your scrape, I read on the innanet you could die from absorbing it in your skin! I mean, it hurts when you put it on a cut, right? What else do you need to know?"

Please, anyone who really chooses to know facts, look up the LD50 of ISO and its other toxicity facts.
Might make you feel differently about vodka, maybe, but not ISO alc.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
Re: will rubbing alcohol kill psilocybin if it gets on a mushroom? [Re: k00laid]
    #18252353 - 05/12/13 09:47 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Some bacteria / molds / fungi produce toxins, even if boiling (or PCing) would kill them all you could still get sick from those compounds.

So no they are beyond saving, don't consume them.

Hypothetically though, if you knew for a certainty that your bacteria / mold do not produce such toxins, and you would pressure cook them for a while, what is it that would make you sick, still?

Invisiblelovedruid
viva forever!
Female User Gallery

Re: will rubbing alcohol kill psilocybin if it gets on a mushroom? [Re: Violet]
    #18261231 - 05/13/13 11:44 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Violet said:
If you dehydrate the mushrooms it'll be safe as long as something ELSE toxic didn't get into it, something other than ISO Alc.
Hell, I've used hi% ISO for extracts of Psilo and other things, due to its evaporative qualities. Sure haven't died from it yet. I think.

I wonder where this person gets their toxicity delusions. Suddenly pickling lime and household alcohol are fatal by nature, especially due to the radically volatile combination with Psilo?! :lol:
"Watch out, don't let mommie put ISO Alc on your scrape, I read on the innanet you could die from absorbing it in your skin! I mean, it hurts when you put it on a cut, right? What else do you need to know?"

Please, anyone who really chooses to know facts, look up the LD50 of ISO and its other toxicity facts.
Might make you feel differently about vodka, maybe, but not ISO alc.

violet u prolly are a sweet person in real life but that was a waste of a paragraph. stop spreading disinformation or i will go to the real moderators -- everyone has a unique body im allergic to opiates for example. tylenol kills thousand every year the point is this-everyone is going to have an individual reaction stop bashing and bring up LD50 topics.

its pretty stupid to use iso for extractions, there is a huge spectrum of difference in applying it to a cut and swallowing it, and there are still trace amounts. i studied chemistry in college. yes vodka or everclear is safer extraction but this poster spilt rubbing alcohol on the shrooms which sounded moldy and we advised him to throw it away.

DONT MIX SHROOMS AND RUBBING ALCOHOL IS SOME OF THE BOARD REALLY THIS STUPID. I WILL GO TO THE MODS IF IHAVE 2. STOP SPREADING DISINFORMATION THAT COULD KILL SOMEONE ON HERE AND THE BOARD IS LIABLE. DUDE THE  MARSHALLS DEA AND CIA ARCHIVE ALL THE PSYCHEDELIC WEBSITES.

dont ever offer advice like this that could get a person killed or endanger their body. read the board rules .

--------------------
:heart: "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" -Winston Churchill" :heart:

InvisibleFrankHorrigan
The Inquisition
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: will rubbing alcohol kill psilocybin if it gets on a mushroom? [Re: lovedruid]
    #18261325 - 05/13/13 11:58 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

:doublefacepalm:

--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:

Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: will rubbing alcohol kill psilocybin if it gets on a mushroom? [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #18261971 - 05/14/13 02:39 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about the IPA.  The LD50 is around 1 shot.  You need to fully dry them anyways.

Bacterial toxins might not be too friendly to your system though.  Apply the same standards you would with any food.  Dangerous toxins are pretty rare, but endotoxins that cause diarrhea, nausea, stomach cramps, etc. are pretty common.  Doesn't sound like a fun trip to me.

-FF

--------------------
It drinks the alcohol and abstains from the weed or else it gets the hose again. -Chemy

The difference between the substances doesn't matter. This is a war on consciousness, on our right to the very essence of what we are. With no control over that, we have no need to speak of freedom or a free society. -fireseed

"If we are going to have a war on marijuana, the least we can do is pull the sick and the dying off the battlefield." -Neal Levine (MPP)

I find the whole "my drug should be legal but yours should be illegal" mindset disgusting and hypocritical. It's what George Bush and company do when they drink a cocktail and debate the best way to imprison marijuana users. -Diploid

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder