Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Black on black racism, who'd have thought!
    #1825823 - 08/18/03 11:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Black Sues Black for Racism -- And Gets $40,000!
By Alex P. Kellogg, BET.com Staff Writer

Posted August 14, 2003 -- In an increasingly common racial discrimination case, a Black man won a settlement against another Black man for being degraded because of his skin color.

A dark-skinned Black waiter at an Applebee's restaurant near Atlanta alleged that his light-skinned Black supervisor was discriminating against him. To settle the suit, the company paid him $40,000.

Dwight Burch, a former employee, accused his manager at the Jonesboro, Ga., restaurant of repeatedly referring to him as a "tar baby" and "Black monkey" during his three months at the restaurant. Burch also alleged in his suit that his manager told him to bleach his skin and that he was fired when he threatened to report the man to officials at Applebee's headquarters.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission helped settle the "color discrimination" lawsuit, saying that such cases are on the rise. The number of cases involving allegations of skin-tone discrimination jumped from 413 in fiscal year 1994 to 1,382 in 2002, according to the EEOC. About 20 of the complaints filed during that time period have led to lawsuits, while most of the rest have been settled out of court. They currently comprise roughly 3 percent of the 85,000 cases the agency gets annually.

Burch experienced what Black scholars refer to as "colorism," discrimination within the Black community that goes back to the days of slavery in the United States, when Blacks with lighter complexions often received better treatment, such as less-demanding jobs and work in the master's house, while those with darker skin had to toil in the fields.

In a statement, the EEOC noted that Applebee's has added a protection against skin-tone discrimination to its anti-discrimination policies. Applebee's also agreed to provide employees cultural sensitivity training and to report any similar complaints of discrimination at its Georgia restaurants for the next year and a half.

Frank Ybarra, a spokesman for the restaurant chain, said in a statement that "No one should have to put up with mean and humiliating comments about the color of their skin on the job?. It makes no difference that these comments are made by someone of your own race. Actually, that makes it even worse." The statement also said the company denied the allegations but settled the case to clear the way for the sale of its Atlanta-area restaurants.

Can't we all just get along?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Black on black racism, who'd have thought! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1825847 - 08/18/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

but... I thought that racism doesn exist, lds? remember, there's no such thing as white privilege?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Black on black racism, who'd have thought! [Re: Malachi]
    #1825852 - 08/18/03 11:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

*rimshot*

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1825857 - 08/18/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

When has he ever said racism doesn't exist. There are racist people out there, you try to contend that everyone that isn't black is racist it seems.

Invisiblewingnutx

#1825882 - 08/18/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I did a lot of factory work at one time, and there was serious animousity between Mexican immigrants and Mexican-Americans. They called each other gringo or wet-back and mostly did not get along at all.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: Black on black racism, who'd have thought! [Re: shakta]
    #1825887 - 08/18/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no... I contend that white americans choose to wear huge racial blinders, in the hope of ignoring the plight of those around them - and that alot of them, like LDS, are outright racist.

lds claims that white privilege is something that used to exist, but, you know, doesn't happen in these enlightened (uber conservative) times. in fact, it's the reverse: LDS is retarded enought to claim that blacks are getting the better deal (I know...!) by robbing the poor white taxpayers.

perhaps a rant on how laborers are actually really the rich ones is in order? old weirdo.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1825935 - 08/18/03 11:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't recall saying racism doesn't exist. I did say I don't think there is white privilege.

As a matter of fact, I recall having pointed out what a racist jackass you are.

And now it appears you're not even smart enough to remember that.
Unless you can show me where I said there is no racism?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Black on black racism, who'd have thought! [Re: silversoul7]
    #1825938 - 08/18/03 11:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

See the above response. It appears it fits you as well. (with the exception of actually being a racist)

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1825981 - 08/18/03 12:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

hear that? a old white guy has deemd that you aren't racist, silversoul! sweet!

it's good that what you say means shit old man.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1825993 - 08/18/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well if he is, it's not as obvious as it is with you, which is why I wanted him to not think I believed he was in your category.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1826015 - 08/18/03 12:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ok redneck... obviously you are the racist. you vote for a racist party. you espouse racist rhetoric. you are an angry old white man arguing on the internet with a teenager. you're so racist that the only people who will even give you the time of day are young people on a site devoted to tripping.

why oh why don't you spend your days on a more age appropriate forum? there are lots of neocon sites... age envy? wanna still be hip?

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1826034 - 08/18/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Once again, you are proving how stupid you are.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1826052 - 08/18/03 12:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ok redneck... obviously you are the racist.

Really? I don't think race should be a factor in anything. You apparently do.
Hence, you are the racist.

Quote:

you are an angry old white man arguing on the internet with a teenager.

The body of a teen, the brain of a pre-schooler.

Quote:

why oh why don't you spend your days on a more age appropriate forum?

What does age have to do with this site? Are you going to cease using drugs when you reach a certain age?

I'd say quit before you make yourself look really foolish, but it's way too late for that.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1826063 - 08/18/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The only racist rhetoric on this board has come from you, junior.

BTW, what political party was responsible for 'Jim Crow' laws, and had a stranglehold on the segregated south?

HINT: the same one that refused to register Condi Rice's father to vote because he was black.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1826107 - 08/18/03 12:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
In an increasingly common racial discrimination case, a Black man won a settlement against another Black man for being degraded because of his skin color.

hhahaha!...i can imagine now...

"YO!, my nigga...wuz up!....hey dawg, don't you be like that...wait...i didn't mean it brotha...hey!......., come back!!!

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Black on black racism, who'd have thought! [Re: wingnutx]
    #1826109 - 08/18/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The only racist rhetoric on this board has come from you, junior.

Apart from the title of the thread...

*rimshot*

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1826115 - 08/18/03 12:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

that's so dumb... yeah, you're do right, today, the party with equality in mind is the republican! of course! you're history book talk means nothing in a world of trent lott's and john ashcrofts and tommy thompsons and george w's.

"I'd say quit before you make yourself look really foolish, but it's way too late for that. "

oh gawd, I'm so embarassed. yes, if you do an age poll... you'll see that this site (as all drug related sites are) is overwhelmingly youth dominated. but you already know that, don't you? just trying to throw off suspicion that you're a child molester, huh?

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Invisiblewingnutx

#1826130 - 08/18/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You are the one who insisted that there is a party of racism.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1826143 - 08/18/03 12:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Weak.

What's the matter?

Getting mad?

Typing without thinking? In other words... business as usual.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1826151 - 08/18/03 12:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah... it's call the republican party. I can't comprehend (other than you all being white old men) how you people can champion a political ideology that is so fucking lame, much less the racist good ol boy type shit.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom