Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: struggling with Andheonia [Re: Anticipation]
    #18567249 - 07/16/13 03:18 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anticipation said:
i might go to a spychward again this shit is getting out of control

genius. You have some pill-induced problems. What's the best and most American consumerist way to solve this?

Show up to the same people that gave you the pills, and ask for MORE PILLS, that'll fix it :lol:

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnticipation
Stranger

Re: struggling with Andheonia [Re: Spacerific]
    #18575939 - 07/18/13 12:42 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

lawl so your saying go off my mood stabilizer then?

--------------------

OfflineSpacerific
- - - >
Male

Re: struggling with Andheonia [Re: Anticipation]
    #18576234 - 07/18/13 02:04 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Anticipation said:
lawl so your saying go off my mood stabilizer then?

I'm saying get some healthy habits in there. After many posts you've managed to answer 3 of my 7-8 questions. Here's the ones that you missed:

- do you exercise at all?
- do you eat healthy stuff, or more fast food and sugary stuff and processed foods?
- do you have a job or school stuff that gets out outside the house five days a week?
- do you have pets, hobbies or projects you're involved in, that keep you active on a daily basis?

I'd add, do you get laid regularly?

These are all mood stabilizers that DON'T come in a pill. I'm saying start doing some of those, and then see what happens.

This whole thread is incomplete as we have no idea how you ended up being prescribed all those pills. Did you get raped as a kid? Did you see your parents catch fire right before you? Do you have some weird genetic imbalance? Are you a lonely lazy never-leave-the-house virgin drunk pothead? How did you end up here? If you don't say anything we don't know anything.

Would help if you typed more than half a line per post. The thread title says you're "struggling with Andheonia".
Seems to me you can't be bothered to even write complete posts about it. Doesn't seem like you're struggling that much, maybe just being bored.

--------------------
Blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.

For truly, I say to you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see, and did not see it,
and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
- Matthew 13:16

OfflineShrink
The Curious
 User Gallery

Loc: bay area
    #18576285 - 07/18/13 02:17 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

The only part of my anhedonia that really annoys me is my inability to enjoy music anymore. Well, its not that I dont enjoy it at all - it's just that most of the time I would rather not. It takes a rare mood to enjoy it for me.

I find that switching up music styles helps, but its hard to get into electronic music production like I used to.

OfflineXingu
Stranger

Loc: NC
    #18578243 - 07/18/13 08:38 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Spacerific said:

- what meds are you currently taking? just give a list with all of em.
- do you drink alcohol? how much, how often?
- do you smoke? If so, what exactly and how much?
- do you exercise at all?
- do you eat healthy stuff, or more fast food and sugary stuff and processed foods?
- do you have a job or school stuff that gets out outside the house five days a week?
- do you have pets, hobbies or projects you're involved in, that keep you active on a daily basis?

Not implying anything by these questions, I just think it's good to know what you're doing over there, check your habits a bit, before reaching for more pills.

I'd agree with these directions of inquiry...also, do you spend much time in nature? Being confined to a human landscape 24/7 isn't always great for us, and numerous mental/emotional benefits have been well documented in medical journals from spending extended periods of time in the natural world.

Also, how much water roughly do you drink per day?

Do you have a healthy balance of foods for dietary support of the following:

Boosting acetylcholine

Pure amino acid precursors: serine, carnitine.
    Amino acid-boosting supplements: DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) [1], phosphatidylcholine [1], phosphatidylserine [2], acetyl-L-carnitine [2], GPC (glycerol phosphocholine) [3].
    Supporting supplements: huperzine A [1], nicotine [1], lipoic acid (alpha-lipoic acid) [3], fish oils [3], manganese [4], conjugated linoleic acid [4].
    Hormonal supplements: DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) [2].
    Dietary support: choline-rich foods, including avocado, cucumber, zucchini, lettuce, most fruit, bacon, bologna, hot dogs, chicken, turkey, pork, liver, fish, beef, milk, ice cream, sour cream, yogurt, cheese, eggs, and various nuts.
    Lifestyle support: aerobic exercise.

Boosting dopamine

Pure amino acid precursors: phenylalanine, tyrosine.
    Amino acid-boosting supplements: N-acetyl tyrosine [2], L-tyrosine [3], phenylalanine [3]. (Note: most ingested phenylalanine is hydroxylated to tyrosine in the body. Tyrosine supplements, therefore, need one less chemical conversion step to be used by the body.)
    Supporting supplements: caffeine [1], guarana [1], yohimbe [1], ephedra[2], nicotine [2], Rhodiola rosea [3], thiamine [4], chromium [4], folic acid [4].
    Hormonal supplements: DHEA [2].
    Dietary support: phenylalanine- and tyrosine-rich foods, including wild game, duck, turkey, pork, chicken, luncheon meats, cottage cheese, ricotta, milk, yogurt, walnuts, soybeans, wheat germ, granola, rolled oats, dark chocolate, and eggs.
    Lifestyle support: sexual activity (for women), weight-bearing exercise, aerobic exercise.

Boosting GABA

Pure amino acid precursor: glutamine.
    Amino acid-boosting supplements: L-glutamine [1].
    Supporting supplements: inositol [1], alcohol [1], B vitamins [2], glycine [3], kava [3], BCAA (branched-chain amino acids) [4], taurine [4].
    Hormonal supplements: progesterone [2].
    Dietary support: glutamine-rich foods (especially complex carbohydrates), including almonds, walnuts, and other tree nuts, whole-grain wheat and oats, rice bran, brown rice, lentils, potatoes, broccoli, spinach, bananas, citrus fruit, halibut, and beef liver.
    Lifestyle support: sexual activity (for men and women), sleep, aerobic exercise.

Boosting serotonin

Pure amino acid precursor: tryptophan.
    Amino acid-boosting supplements: L-tryptophan [2], 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) [3].
    Supporting supplements: St. John’s wort [2], vitamin B6 [4], fish oils [4].
    Hormonal supplements: melatonin [1], progesterone [2].
    Dietary support: tryptophan-rich foods, including wild game, pork, luncheon meats, duck, turkey, chicken, wheat germ, cottage cheese, and eggs.
    Lifestyle support: aerobic exercise, psychotherapy, sleep.

OfflineAnticipation
Stranger

Re: struggling with Andheonia [Re: Xingu]
    #18868309 - 09/20/13 03:47 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit i think im coming out of it!!*&#*@`091 i can now enjoy music and everything feels so fresh almost like i was just born today thank god cuz i thought id never make it back! :heart:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order