Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Curouis about a mushroom I found
    #1825732 - 08/18/03 12:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was weeding my pato today, when I came across a mushroom when I was putting the weeds in my compost pile. I should note that I already threw this mushroom back into the compost because I'm pretty sure it's not active, and it had larve in it. Just curouis as to what this is. I apologize for the scan quality (or lack there of), so I hope I'm not wasting anyones time here.

It's habitat was underneath a pine tree, and about 5 feet from a compost pile. Brown gills, not attached. About 5 inches in diameter, 3 inch stem. White fiberous stem with brown markings. The sporeprint came out tan with a hint of red, exactly like the cap of this mushroom icon ---> No noticable smell.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Curouis about a mushroom I found [Re: Twirling]
    #1825845 - 08/18/03 01:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Your mushroom is an Agaricus. They're fairly difficult to identify to species. To make a start we need to know about the bruising reaction (cut it in half vertically and scrape it with your knife edge - it can take up to an hour for the color changes to occur) and the odor.

None of them are active. Many are excellent edibles (sold at grocery stores everywhere). Many are poisonous.

I know you didn't keep it, so you can't answer questions. That stuff is so that next time you find one you will have an idea of some more things you can look for and let us know.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Curouis about a mushroom I found [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1826127 - 08/18/03 02:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, thanks for the info! I'll make sure to cut it in half and look for a brusing next time. Good to know.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification