Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
lucid dreams with an understanding
    #1825404 - 08/18/03 09:26 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

had my first lucid dream yesterday, and only now have i had time to reflect. First of all, I "felt" I spent a good day in this dream. I felt free actually. Free of feeling stagnant, freedom of thought. What I did was sit on this hill and watched the sun go down. Nothing spectacular, but very much enchanting. It was like I had an ongoing interest and wonder inside. Don't remember all of it, though I don't even know what all of it is, if that makes any sense. I keep asking myself now, is that what living in the moment means? To realize that there is much more than myself and therefore my focus shouldn't be all on my perspective. This shows me that there is a real joy in helping others because there is love in help. I felt I had lost something, but gained so much more.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: lucid dreams with an understanding [Re: kaiowas]
    #1828828 - 08/19/03 07:47 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Congrats for your first LD, seems to me you got a grate lesson from it, keep going and don?t forget to keep a dream journal.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: lucid dreams with an understanding [Re: kaiowas]
    #1830859 - 08/19/03 07:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds rather like a dream I had once. It began with an image of a garden. I was the onlooker but not really aware of myself being there. There was just this almost 2 dimensional image of a summer garden. And then my awareness grew and the image began to get more and more real... And I became aware of myself as being present in this dream. All the while the image in front of me was growing and moving - the grass grew long and flowers bloomed and withered in front of me. The environment was becoming more and more immersive. And the interesting thing about it was that it was becoming more and more real, and my awareness expanded until it actually felt *more real* than reality. When I woke up my 5 senses felt dull in comparison to what I had just experienced.

After that I always felt like I knew the meaning of the word "transcendental". Peace.

--------------------

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: lucid dreams with an understanding [Re: Revelation]
    #1831642 - 08/20/03 12:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good to hear that :laugh: lucid dreams are fucking awesome. I love them. I only had a couple, but they all are now engrained in my memory  and I use them as food for thought. your mind is truely boundless in a lucid dream. Its amazing.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: lucid dreams with an understanding [Re: whole9]
    #1844961 - 08/24/03 07:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What is a lucid dream? I just was wondering because last night I had this really vivid dream with all this different stuff happening and just different important people or aspects of my life were involved and when I woke up i felt like it was a really important dream and that I should figure out what it's trying to tell me and I got through some of it. I still have to phone my mom to see if she's ok or something. I forgot to today but my dream seems to tell me I need to call her for some reason. It was also weird cuz I was having a very vivid dream and i had had less then 5 hours of sleep when the dream started.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: lucid dreams with an understanding [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1845019 - 08/24/03 09:16 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, I've been reading up on it now since I had one. Basically you are dreaming and you know it. Definately showed me a different perspective. It was like everything that I had been thinking about for the past 4-6 months came together in one "day." It's awesome, and I want to have another one soon.

btw it's supposed to occure while in REM sleep.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology