Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
No Pins, only fuzz, what to do?
    #1823415 - 08/17/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm trying to fruit 8 cakes. They've been in there for about 5 days, no pins forming. I know I should be patient, but over the last few days the cakes have been growing a really soft fluffy layer of fuzz. I've got a perlite and water setup. Light 6-12 hrs per day. Don't know humidity (so I'm guessing this could be the problem). Temp cool, around 75. Strains, Lipa, GC, and India Orissa, not as much fuzz on the IO but on the other two. Here is a pic.

You guys can check out the thickness of condensation on the walls, maybe that'll give you an indication of humidity, this is my first grow so I'm unclear on how to judge that.

If the humidity is too high, what do I do? As of now I'm ont doing anythign to make the humidity high (i.e. humidifier or bubbler). Would adding MORE water (so less perlite is exposed) do the trick if this is the case?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: No Pins, only fuzz, what to do? [Re: jong21]
    #1823451 - 08/17/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you need to fan more...how often are you fanning??

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
    #1823452 - 08/17/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You have plenty of humidity. I would just fan as often as possible, 6-8 times a day or so. And make sure they are getting a few hours of light every day. Your cakes look pretty healthy. Sometimes pins just take a while.

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Re: No Pins, only fuzz, what to do? [Re: Demiurge]
    #1823464 - 08/17/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

OK, I'm only fanning 1-2 days right now....ok I now have a problem, I'm leaving right now and coming back on wednesday night, so I'm gonna have to leave them. I'm going to leave my container slightly open at the top (just a crack) to permit oxygen to get in, while hopefully enough heavy moisture will stay in to keep the humidity high enough so that my cakes will be fine when I get back. Or is ti ok to just leave it shut the whole time? I'm aware that mushrooms won't grow but when I get back and start fanning again, will everything go back to normal or will ti cause damage? what's the best solution, basically? thanks.

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

InvisibleGestaltAssault
Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
    #1823500 - 08/17/03 04:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you could leave it shut the whole time...either they'll start pinning while your away or just stay the way they are...when you get back and start fanning again everything should go back to normal...just give them a really good fanning before you leave...

--------------------

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: No Pins, only fuzz, what to do? [Re: GestaltAssault]
    #1823569 - 08/17/03 05:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the mycelium will just get thicker and puffier if you leave the lid on the whole time. id suggest casing them, you can just stick the whole cake in a container and cover with verm. IMHO thats kinda awhile to leave the cakes alone.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1823691 - 08/17/03 05:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

your lipa's should pin first...
Gulf coast and orissa are very slow strains that take longer to pin and mature than most strains :spliff:
14 days is when i'd expect to see some pins :syringe:

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

#1840471 - 08/22/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hooray! Well I think leaving them in the container wasn't too big a deal...check out my first pins on my lipas! I've also got pins on the GCs, not quite as many, and a few tiny ones on the IOs, but all are proceeding well. Thanks for the advice...these are my first shrooms ever!

Let me know if you see anything wrong but I think they look good, from what I've seen on here at least.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder