Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
bad trips are self indulgent and childish ?
    #18229778 - 05/07/13 09:59 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

have you ever realized how illogical it is to feel fear during a trip ?
compared to being in a near death experience like a high speed motorcycle crash or the moment before you pull open your parachute wondering if it will open or not ?
whats your take on it ?

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaliDreaming
DMOB12

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18229791 - 05/07/13 10:01 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes the psychedelic experience can be downright scary. I think that's just how it is man, and I think it's good to sometimes experience extreme fear. I am going to have to say that I do not find it selfish.

--------------------
"Fuck off, hard batman."

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: CaliDreaming]
    #18229808 - 05/07/13 10:05 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

but it is rather odd that a bad trip can induce more fear and shock than an actual near death experience .

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Invisibleohcrapitsnico
The Other One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
    #18229835 - 05/07/13 10:09 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

In a near death experience you probably don't have the time to feel fear or shock but in a trip you're just sitting on your ass knowingly taking a drug which fucks with your head....the fear may be illogical but that doesn't mean it's going to stop happening once you've realized it. Tell that to people with PTSD.

InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: ohcrapitsnico]
    #18229879 - 05/07/13 10:16 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:
In a near death experience you probably don't have the time to feel fear or shock but in a trip you're just sitting on your ass knowingly taking a drug which fucks with your head....the fear may be illogical but that doesn't mean it's going to stop happening once you've realized it. Tell that to people with PTSD.

Seriously.

I don't understand how the idea of fear with no 'real' danger is illogical. I am a firm believer that the thing we should fear the most is our own minds, especially if we are under the influence of something that is truly unpredictable.

OP seems a bit arrogant, but that just might be me.

:thataintright:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: ohcrapitsnico]
    #18229900 - 05/07/13 10:20 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Mindfuck happens on powerful psychedelics, the fear is quite real when you're tripping. I have been within feet of being smashed by an oncoming train with a friend, barely jumped out of the way in time. Had an attempted murder of me and another friend at 1am at night, random car full of people turned off their lights and barreled down on us, had to push a friend out of the way and jump away myself. THen they backed up and tried again several times until I bashed out there car windows, then they threw it in reverse and smashed up a bunch cars trying to escape.. While both weren't exactly fun, they didn't compare to any of seriously the bad trips i've had. Which were far worse and more traumatic (was a bit timid after a few epic bad trips for a week or two).

The one trip where I thought i was dying and had an out of body experience and could describe what every did that night, despite being face down, and unable to move, was pretty frighting, it's also still memorable to this day.

If your theory is that its selfish or indulgent, then you disgust me OP.

Edited by psilocybinjunkie (05/07/13 10:22 PM)

OfflineLysergicX7
Lunatic
Male

Loc: Montana, USA
Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #18229938 - 05/07/13 10:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It's definitely illogical, but unfortunately knowing this doesn't seem to make it stop. The first time I mixed cannabis with mushrooms I had one of the worst experience I've ever had, and there was simply no way out of it.

Changing the environment, music, etc. Nothing would work, it was simply how my brain chemistry was working at the time and I had to wait it out.
So no, it's not indulgent, selfish, or childish necessarily.

--------------------
“Everybody is fundamentally, the ultimate reality. Not god in the political kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self – the deep down basic whatever there is. And you’re all that… only you’re pretending you’re not.” -Alan Watts

I think that in human evolution it has never been as necessary to have this substance LSD. It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be.”
― Albert Hofmann

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: BleakBeat]
    #18230022 - 05/07/13 10:39 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BleakBeat said:
Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:

Seriously.

I don't understand how the idea of fear with no 'real' danger is illogical. I am a firm believer that the thing we should fear the most is our own minds, especially if we are under the influence of something that is truly unpredictable.

didnt mean to seem arrogant or trolly as i have had some bad trips myself but looking back on them i feel like an alpha pussy :grin:

--------------------

:

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

#18230042 - 05/07/13 10:42 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:

If your theory is that its selfish or indulgent, then you disgust me OP.

well then , youre very easily disgusted :grin:

--------------------

:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#18230080 - 05/07/13 10:49 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Not really.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #18230107 - 05/07/13 10:55 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

but it is rather odd that a bad trip can induce more fear and shock than an actual near death experience .

Odd or not, it can be. :cannotunsee:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisiblelessismore
    #18230163 - 05/07/13 11:07 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BleakBeat said:
Quote:

ohcrapitsnico said:

Seriously.

Once you get a bad trip you don't know there is no danger

So fear of death feels pretty real, fear of the trip feels real too :smile:

Just go into the trip without fear, face the fear directly, if you feel weird let the weirdness take over, if you feel like dieing accept death :P

It is very hard to escape a mushroom thought loop/bad trip, almost impossible often, but most people get bad trips and don't have problems from it (have had 3 mushroom bad trips that lasted the whole trip)
Mostly good trips though

It is much easier to prevent it than cure it: set,setting,dose - then 90% can be prevented

LSD is easier for me, no bad trips except fear of dieing , but that isn't there when you learn to let go/accept death

OfflineSteelPanther

Loc: The Energy
Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: lessismore]
    #18230224 - 05/07/13 11:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It very simply is illogical. The only time i have had a little bit of fear and only a little is when i get really think mucos that i cant get out of my throat and mouth. Do any of you guys get a really thick mucos. This seems to be the only logical reason to have only a little bit of anxiety since it can get a little hard to breath at times. Fear is caused when you don't have control over your own logic and thoughts most of the time. I think alot of people may be uncomfortable during the trip for various reasons, maybe muscle tension, or having to urinate, or too hot ect.. and that anxiety turns to fear when you forget the original reason you had the anxiety. This actually happened to a friend of mind because he had to pee really bad and got anxiety but forgot he had to pee and got stuck in the haze of fright.

--------------------
Everything I say on here is not true, I am an insecure person who lies about doing drugs and stuff to make myself feel good. So any illegal things I may have talked about are all fictional.

InvisibleDawks
Jolly African Potato

#18230457 - 05/08/13 12:11 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
have you ever realized how illogical it is to feel fear during a trip ?
compared to being in a near death experience like a high speed motorcycle crash or the moment before you pull open your parachute wondering if it will open or not ?
whats your take on it ?

It's not illogical at all. Psychedelic fear is very logical.

When you're on a psychedelic all your skills, all your inhibitions, all your social understanding goes right out the window. While tripping your only a fleeting thought away from doing stupid, potentially life threatening shit like: jumping out a window thinking you can fly, taking off all your clothes and running around the street naked, calling your boss and telling him you're going to quit your job and live off peace and love, telling your best friend's wife what she should be with you not him.

If you bought the drug off the street there is also the very real possibility that you didn't actually take LSD, or whatever you thought it was, but in fact a research chemical.. perhaps one you're allergic to. Perhaps you were overdosed and are now dieing from vasoconstriction. Perhaps the drug wasn't a drug at all and the dealer wanted to kill you? This is completely possible and you were foolish for taking a substance you got off a stranger without getting it chemically tested, this is not delusion, this is reality and you actually did fuck up.

At least when you jump from a plane you can be 99% certain either your shoot or your backup will open. When you're riding a bike at least you are in control, up until the crash. You could prevent it.

With psychedelics you're pretty much at the whim of the drug and there's no going back. Anything could happen, much of it very, very bad and there's nothing you can do. You can't even explain yourself.

This is terrifying and it should be terrifying.

--------------------
date ; unzip ; strip ; touch ; grep ; finger ; mount ; fsck ; more ; yes ; umount ; sleep

Edited by Dawks (05/08/13 01:59 AM)

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: Dawks]
    #18230484 - 05/08/13 12:15 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

when you are riding a motorbike you arent in control , you are at the mercy of the stupidity of the drivers around you .
i lost count how many times i have almost been killed by moron drivers.

--------------------

:

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#18230506 - 05/08/13 12:20 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
when you are riding a motorbike you arent in control

Right... So you can't steer, brake, or accelerate with a motorcycle, good to know.

InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: SteelPanther]
    #18230513 - 05/08/13 12:22 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

The feeling of fear can be very real to the point that you feel something truly dangerous is going to happen to you.

Just because you're not in any real physical danger, doesn't mean you don't think you are.

I believe bad trips are a recipe for PTSD if you aren't careful. I honestly believe I had slight PTSD from a trip that I'm still recovering from. A light dose of mushrooms the other night made me feel more calm and at peace with the bad trip. (That and good people to be around :smile: ) The trip happened a year ago and I've never experienced such intense anxiety until that trip. It has slowly but surely tapered off but (my anxiety)is still very present.

So, no, I don't think bad trips are self-indulgent or childish... depending on the trip, it's almost like going through a real war... a mental war... it can be very difficult and mentally scarring.  Unfortunately with things like this it's either be your own psychiatrist and evaluate your troubles and face them head on, or just stop tripping and get real help.

I'm a believer of option #1 :laugh:

Quote:

Dawks
With psychedelics you're pretty much at the whim of the drug and there's no going back. Anything could happen, much of it very, very bad and there's nothing you can do. You can't even explain yourself.

This is terrifying and it should be terrifying.

Ain't that the fuckin' truth. I remember there was some guy on here who said that people who have bad trips are lying. That he's never had a bad trip and that he thinks it's impossible to have one.  What a laugh. :lolwut:

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

#18230522 - 05/08/13 12:26 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Quote:

atomicshaman said:

Right... So you can't steer, brake, or accelerate with a motorcycle, good to know.

did someone piss in your coffee this morning ?
obviously you dont ride .

--------------------

:

InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

#18230550 - 05/08/13 12:34 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
Quote:

atomicshaman said:

did someone piss in your coffee this morning ?
obviously you dont ride .

Is this guy for real?

I think my original speculation of arrogance is becoming a very real idea.

:creepylurker:

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

#18230562 - 05/08/13 12:36 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

mate , i would like to see if your reactions are fast enough to survive on two wheels .
riders are killed daily through no fault of their own.
piss off and stop jacking this thread !

--------------------

:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order