Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18230637 - 05/08/13 12:57 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
mate , i would like to see if your reactions are fast enough to survive on two wheels .
riders are killed daily through no fault of their own.
piss off and stop jacking this thread !

My responses are all pertaining to the original idea of the thread. Of course most people on bikes who die are at fault for their own demise. It's called being reckless, while I know this isn't ALWAYS the case (obviously) you have seen many bikers and the way they drive their motorcycles. Many of them are reckless, drive at insane speeds and a lot of the time aren't even wearing anything to protect their body just in the event that something bad happens.

Your logic is seriously fucked and I think you know that too because you're just finding new things to argue about.
Saying that bikes are dangerous (while I am not disagreeing BUT) they can usually be safe in the hands of a RESPONSIBLE DRIVER, much like a drug user. Sure, drugs can be dangerous, but in the hands of a responsible and COHERENT user they're very safe and in fact can be quite therapeutic.

So how about you just let this thread die and 'piss off'.  :cheersyoufuck:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: atomicshaman] * 1
    #18230639 - 05/08/13 12:58 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

If you know the drivers are bad and that riding is a extremely dangerous, often resulting in serious injuries, yet you still do it, who's the fool?

Nobody is jacking your thread, we're just replying to the increasingly absurd comments you keep making. If you don't like the responses i'd suggest you make some more intelligent comments.

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: BleakBeat]
    #18230738 - 05/08/13 01:33 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

no , your logic is fucked and you are a twit :rolleyes:

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #18230741 - 05/08/13 01:34 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

psilocybinjunkie said:
If you know the drivers are bad and that riding is a extremely dangerous, often resulting in serious injuries, yet you still do it, who's the fool?

Nobody is jacking your thread, we're just replying to the increasingly absurd comments you keep making. If you don't like the responses i'd suggest you make some more intelligent comments.

you sir are an argumentative jackass ! :goat:

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

#18230797 - 05/08/13 02:03 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

OfflineSensanaty
Ohm Swastiastu
Male

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
    #18231032 - 05/08/13 03:25 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I can see you've never had a truly bad trip before OP. I've had near death experiences plenty of times, ranging from good ol' bar fights to traffic accidents. But I tell you now, the fear you experience in a near death experience is absolutely nothing compared to a really bad trip.

--------------------
Trip safe, Trip smart, Let the trip take you on a journey

:peace: Peace and Love to all of Humanity :heartpump:

:todcasil: :heart: Thou Art God :heart: :todcasil:

InvisiblePinweaver
weaving all dreams,
Male

Loc: Aus
    #18231068 - 05/08/13 03:37 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Disturbing trips are reactive; that being said, it isn't illogical.
Coming to think of trips that are absolutely train-wrecks, there is a primary dyad involved in the trip.. The first is the feeling of unrelieved terror that feels eternal and so surreal, that it begins to feel real. The essence of any trip can transcendentalize from what you feel is there, to actually being there.

A bad trip is just a very conceptual framework that causes shredding feelings of terror and anxiety because it can nearly always be described as a prolonged entrapment. There is nothing you can do besides slightly placating yourself (or someone placating you for that matter) but you must ride it out.

Whether illogical, childish, stupid or w/e may have you.. the essence of any trip can flare up feelings of wistfulness and amplify what you've never seen before. 

I don't know where you're getting at, what's your story? OP.

--------------------
weaving my dreams and trails.
one at a time

keep trav'ling.

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: Sensanaty]
    #18231380 - 05/08/13 06:30 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Sensanaty said:
I can see you've never had a truly bad trip before OP. I've had near death experiences plenty of times, ranging from good ol' bar fights to traffic accidents. But I tell you now, the fear you experience in a near death experience is absolutely nothing compared to a really bad trip.

you cant see at all , i have experienced irrational fear on mushrooms more than once but logic tells you it cant compare to being shot at , drifting at sea , or any other real life horror/n.d.e you can imagine.
most of you dont believe in a god or eternal damnation of the soul so what can you really fear during a trip ?
its an illusion of imagination :wink:

--------------------

:

OfflineSensanaty
Ohm Swastiastu
Male

#18231388 - 05/08/13 06:36 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

As I said, you haven't experienced the bad trips I've experienced, because those were fears beyond my wildest imaginations. There are things worse than death, certain things that make death look like a miracle. Even if it's just a figment of your imagination, who says it's not genuinely frightening to the bone?

Quote:

atomicshaman said:

Try argue without the ad hominem's, eh?

--------------------

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

#18231405 - 05/08/13 06:47 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Sensanaty said:
As I said, you haven't experienced the bad trips I've experienced, because those were fears beyond my wildest imaginations. There are things worse than death, certain things that make death look like a miracle. Even if it's just a figment of your imagination, who says it's not genuinely frightening to the bone?

Quote:

atomicshaman said:

Try argue without the ad hominem's, eh?

do you really want to turn your bad trips into a pissing contest with mine?:grin:

--------------------

:

OfflineSensanaty
Ohm Swastiastu
Male

#18231414 - 05/08/13 06:51 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I really don't care how bad your bad trips were, but the fear you experience is very much real, and it's never childish to be afraid of something. I know plenty of grown men who stand on bamboo scaffolding 20 meters in the air without any sort of safety equipment, and he just kinda does his job like that, but if he sees a spider smaller than the top of his finger, he shits his pants. There's nothing childish about fear. Fear is always real, and it is always be very bad on a person's mental health.

And it is very logical to get scared shitless while you're on any kind of psychedelics. It's a drug, it alters your state of mind in every conceivable way. A small phobia can be intensified 20 times if you're on drugs, or it can be dulled out 20 times. But there's nothing illogical, or childish about bad trips

--------------------

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master

#18231430 - 05/08/13 07:00 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

i didnt ask you to care , i just wanted you to know your bad trip was no more than mine .

--------------------

:

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#18231718 - 05/08/13 09:20 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Atomic shaman, the title of is thread and OP argument are pretty damn rediculous

Your logic that "motorcycle drivers have no control at all" is even more retarded, and the fact you're trying to belittle those who argue against it i dont even have words for

Maybe youre trolling, maybe your drunk i dont know

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#18231724 - 05/08/13 09:23 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
do you really want to turn your bad trips into a pissing contest with mine?:grin:

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
i didnt ask you to care , i just wanted you to know your bad trip was no more than mine .

out of all the posts in this thread theres only one i see that can make it sound like somebody is "trying to have a pissing contest"

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Invisiblestuckinwonderland
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: Sheekle]
    #18231739 - 05/08/13 09:28 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

i have had a couple of bad trips and a few scary ones, i really couldnt help it my mind was being raped by powerful substances and i had no controll but i do know i shouldnt be afraid

--------------------
Everything above here is a lie

Offlineunderfliptown
I suck and you should kill me

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: stuckinwonderland]
    #18231855 - 05/08/13 10:09 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Didn't read the whole thread.

Fear on psychedelics is IMPORTANT. In my opinion what psychedelics do is open you to ways of thinking that you have never experienced before. Extreme fear in my case has never been felt in the regular perception as it has under psychedelics (mushrooms in particular). DMT never gave me the fear, well it did but it lasted like 1 second and then the concept of ME was completely dead. It's hard to fear for one human when you literally encompass the entire cosmos, and THEN SOME. There is more than the universe and the only way to see this is on the heaviest of psychedelic experiences. And of couse something so different from regular perception is going to cause a little bit of fear for a bit.

Selfish? No... Why would you even say that... That makes no sense whatsoever.

Childish? Maybe in the sense that you are being reborn, and your ego is refreshed like a child.

Fear is necessary, it makes us appreciate comfort. And I have been just as comfortable on psychs as I have been scared. The fear is necessary here and there.

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #18232361 - 05/08/13 12:13 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

BleakBeat said:

:whathesaid:

OfflineLizard Eyes
Lost Soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Where I'm supposed ... Flag
Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #18232671 - 05/08/13 01:11 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Call it childish if you will but the most fear I have ever felt in my life was under the influence of some truly sinister NBOMe tabs.  My bad trip was scarier than crashing a car on the freeway going 80, rolling a four wheeler and fucking up my whole left side, and severing my achilles tendon.  Even while I was having the bad trip though I still knew it was all going to be over soon, it was just such intense overwhelming feelings that I really couldn't do anything to control it.  I didn't really understand bad trips till I had one, now they make perfect sense :wink:

--------------------

Every little thing is gonna be alright:heart:  All you need is love :love: Nobody's right, Nobody's wrong, Life's just a game it's just one epic holiday! :peace:

InvisibleBiodiversity
(323)654-6192

Re: bad trips are self indulgent and childish ? [Re: Lizard Eyes]
    #18233321 - 05/08/13 03:29 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I think when you're in a real life shit hits the fan situation adrenaline and other stuff produced in your body is released to help you strike through any fear for survival needs. Though the after math of a crazy event can be traumatic.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies