Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1827205 - 08/18/03 06:42 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have this nasty habit of jumpin back and forth between the realm of logic and that of illogic - sometimes mid-post - so if I ever say anything that completely defies all logic thought: just assume that I'm spending time in the realm of illogic, and make an attempt to expand your own horizons so that you can understand what my illogical expressions are attempting to convey...or, you know, you could allways just wait for my return and ask me to reitterate...either is fine by me.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1828376 - 08/19/03 02:07 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I have one question about illogic thought and illogic communication: are there any rules at all for the verbalization of this kind of thinking, or are all statements equally valid? And did furious green ideas sleep the squeamish ossifrage to death?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1828615 - 08/19/03 04:06 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

And did furious green ideas sleep the squeamish ossifrage to death?

Snausages for breakfast.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: ShadowsEnd]
    #1828798 - 08/19/03 06:49 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ShadowsEnd said:
^^^^ You are using basic logic.
In the realm of the illogical this is not true.

Yes, I was. However, logic is the system most used here, and to get the idea acrossed effectively, since everyone for the most part uses logic, that is what I used.

However, I could express it through illogic, as well, want me to do that? Of course, using our written language is sort of logical, not really fit for illogic, but I'll do it anyways.

George monkey hath no fury like past?
Thank you.

Quote:

ShadowsEnd said:
I have one question about illogic thought and illogic communication: are there any rules at all for the verbalization of this kind of thinking, or are all statements equally valid? And did furious green ideas sleep the squeamish ossifrage to death?

No rules. It sort of makes it hard for anyone raised in a logical world to effectively communicate or even understand illogic. But it is out there, somewhere on the edges of our logical reality, and it is equally valid within that realm.......
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1828987 - 08/19/03 10:19 AM (18 years, 5 months ago)

So... is there any good reason to think the realm of illogic exists?
What about the realm where people have two noses? Would it be a good idea to spend a lot of time pondering that place?

They should have an "astrophysics in the realm of illogic" class in university so all the stupid kids can feel smart.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: Phluck]
    #1829362 - 08/19/03 01:19 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
So... is there any good reason to think the realm of illogic exists?
What about the realm where people have two noses? Would it be a good idea to spend a lot of time pondering that place?

Is there any good reason to think it doesn't? Is there any good reason to think that this realm of logic exists? Does it even matter? Can we all ask a lot of questions? hehe

No, I don't think that it would be a good idea to spend a lot of time pondering that place, although apparently Alice did. And, technically, it wouldn't be a place. I wasn't using the term realm to mean an actual place. Logic exists, so I susposse that illogic would have to exist. Have you ever heard someone say anything that was illlogical; it didn't make sense? That may be evidence, albeit to them, it might have been logical and made sense..

If you were implying that I myself spend a lot of time pondering such, where did you get that idea? I am only merely considering such an existance. And, technically, it might be a good idea to ponder about it, even though it might not be logical to do so. Haha.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: Swami]
    #1830398 - 08/19/03 05:30 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Criticism *can* be negative, but it can be completely necessary and positive. It really all depends upon the manner and the intentions behind it. Criticism can be constructive if the purpose is to help the person to understand the subject, or to question the world around them rather than blindly believe any notion they are exposed to. But if its presented in such a way that just makes the person feel like an idiot and doesn't help them to be more informed, curious, or credible than it's a waste of language.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Is criticism negative? [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #1830472 - 08/19/03 05:49 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NiamhNyx said:
But if its presented in such a way that just makes the person feel like an idiot and doesn't help them to be more informed, curious, or credible than it's a waste of language.

Well, if one doesn't care if the critism is presented in a positive or negative way, than whether or not it is, they can still use the critism to their advantage..

I mean, sure, one might prefer that the critism is presented in a constructive matter, but even if it isn't, I'd still want to learn the lessons that come with the critisism, as long as it is truthful... that way we can learn from our detractors, too..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order