Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetelecaster
Little casing question
    #1822586 - 08/17/03 02:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

HI

I will soon case my PF cakes and I think I case those whole or sliced.
There is some misunderstood about when moving casing in terrarium.
I put about 2 cm moist verm. bottom and place cakes.And then ad 50/50 mix of verm and peatmoss top of cakes.I put casing in dark place.SO!?
Should I wait that top of my casing is full covered by mycaleium or should I move it right a way when I see mycaleium have reached surface?

Strain is mexican

Ps.Is that ok to nuke casing mix at micro oven at 10 minutes.will that sterialise it enough?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Little casing question [Re: telecaster]
    #1822635 - 08/17/03 02:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

This is not an advanced question... And if i got your question right, then you should birth them as cakes IMO... Casing is something a little harder... Remove the verm&peatmoss layer and place them in terrarium. And place the terrarium somewhere that takes indireckt sunlight...
And if they were casings, you shouldn't have waited till the top ver&peatmoss layer to fully colonize... Just a few visible spots of mycellium appearing over the top of the non-nutrient layer is enough. You may lead it to an overlay otherwise....

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Offlinetelecaster
Re: Little casing question [Re: ph_plus]
    #1822675 - 08/17/03 02:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ph_plus said:
This is not an advanced question... And if i got your question right, then you should birth them as cakes IMO... Casing is something a little harder... Remove the verm&peatmoss layer and place them in terrarium. And place the terrarium somewhere that takes indireckt sunlight...
And if they were casings, you shouldn't have waited till the top ver&peatmoss layer to fully colonize... Just a few visible spots of mycellium appearing over the top of the non-nutrient layer is enough. You may lead it to an overlay otherwise....

Well I have made several casing with good succes but I only used simpple casing (pure verm. bottom and top) but now I gonna try 50/50
mix and there was some misunderstood in that 50/50 TEK. about when moving in terrarium

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Little casing question [Re: telecaster]
    #1822778 - 08/17/03 03:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I got you wrong i guess.... Sorry about it... :smile: Just a few spots of myc. over the top of the casing layer is the time to place it in the terrarium....  But why don't you use a dung+straw layer and then a verm+coir layer?... I usually use grain TEKs... And sometimes cakes to see the difference of yield and potency between the strains. And when i case a cake, i case it with dung+straw+verm. layer and then peatmoss+verm. (or coco  coir+verm), then incubate... When i see some little spots of myc. spreading over the top layer, i coldshock it, if needed and place into terrarium after heavily misting it...... Glad if that helps...

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology