Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheprophecy
unheard of
Male User Gallery

beginner friendly tek plus fc
    #18223575 - 05/06/13 05:31 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

the prophecy's discreet and simple tek

look i see lots of people completely lost on the idea of growing
cubensis . my plan is to simplify this out for you .

this is by far not the best , not the most advanced nor the highest yielding way of growing . it is however discreet. cheap . and productive. a great way to get all you curious people into the wonderful world of mycology. lets begin.

to do this you must have

brown rice flour (can be found at most grocery stores )

vermiculite ( sold at your local home improvement store such as lowes)

half pint jars with tight sealing lids ( can be found fairly cheap at walmart ) remember these jars must be the same size lid as base so your cake can easily slide out

your choice of cubensis strain syringes from any sponsored shroomery spore vendor

A PRESSURE COOKER ( note i capitalized it , u NEED one , ask a friend ask a neighbor , borrow your grandmas who cares you need 1! )

a 20 gallon plastic bin

a smaller plastic container to fit inside that bin

aluminum foil

a misting bottle

a small easy to hide light

a lighter ( to sterilize syringe )

rubbing alcohol ( to sterilize work area )

perlite (optional but recommended)( my cat did not use his first grow and he still achieved multiple flushes )

duct tape

a power drill

large mixing bowl

and a sterile work area

now to the fun part
first sterilize your work area , preferably using an open room with no open windows

soak your vermiculite in water (the debate between distilled water and tap is ongoing i used tap but distilled is most likely much better ) for about an hour then drain the water and add the brown rice flour do this at a 60/ 40 ratio of brf/verm

mix it fairly well and start lightly packing your jars with the substrate( make sure you have sterilized these jars )

replace the lid of your jars with aluminum foil ( sterilize this foil )but still use the metal ring to keep them in place

load your pressure cooker with about an inch of water and put your jars in

pressure cook them at 15 psi for about 45 minutes , let sit overnight

take the jars out and get ready to inoculate in your sterile environment

sterilize your needle with rubbing alcohol , wipe off , then sterilize the end with your lighter , wait 30 seconds to a minute for your syringe to cool down and inject 1/4 cc of spores into 4 points on your jar make sure to get the syringe as close to the side as possible ( make sure to nicely shake up your syringe before use to evenly distribute spores as you might see clumps inside the syringe )

once finished all your jars take the metal rings off sterilize more aluminum sheets and put that on top of the other layer to cover the holes you just made to prevent contaminants , put the metal ring back on and put these jars in a cool but not cold dark place ( you will come back to check these in 2 weeks )

fruiting chamber

for the fruiting chamber take the lid off your your 20 gallon bucket
it should have indents of where the handle is on both sides drill multiple holes in these indents for FAE ( fresh - air - exchange )
now this is no where near enough FAE it will require occasional fanning
every day once you birth your cakes

take your smaller container and drill multiple holes along the top on all 4 sides and all over evenly spaced on the lid

take your 20 gallon lid and duct tape the light to it so you can still seal the lid but with the cord and switch on the outside ( yes i know this CAN be a fire hazard but if done properly and checked occasionally it will not be an issue )

your discreet and simple fruiting chamber is now built .

colonization

after the 2 weeks check back on your jars more then likely they will not be done yet , but on the rare occasion your just lucky or a natural they might be done if they are allow them to sit for an extra 5 days b4 birthing .

dunk and roll

after letting your jars sit for an extra 5 days after 100 percent colonization you will need to dunk and roll .

this is the process of taking the cake and dunking it in cold water for 24 hours . the cake will bobble like a cork so find something to weight it down . as usual sterilize that weight

after dunking for 24 hrs take the cake and roll it in dry vermiculite

finally your ready to fruit!!!

pinning

sterilize your 20 gallon bin

soak your perlite in water for about an hr and a half , drain the water

line your 20 gallon bin with about an inch of perlite

sterilize your small plastic container

take your small plastic container and line that with sterilized aluminum

place your small plastic container inside the 20 gallon bin on top of the perlite

place your cakes evenly distributed inside the small plastic container and loosely put the lid on it

place the 20 gallon lid with attached light back on

do a light cycle of 16/8 to initiate pinning

remember to fan every day and if needed an occasional light misting

DO NOT WORRY if your cakes do not pin immediately . give them 2 weeks tops b4 you start loosing your cool . mycology is a game of patience and should never be rushed .

fruiting

once your cakes start to pin and are a decent size ( almost half an inch ) switch the light cycle to 12/12

remove the lid of the small plastic container as the fruits will start to get bigger and most likely hit the top

harvest

harvest time is always being debated and it really depends on what your trying to do . for potency pick just as the veil is about to break or is breaking ( the veil is a white thin sheet attached to the mushroom cap that slowly starts to separate as the mushroom gets bigger )

if your harvesting for spore prints harvest just as the cap turns flat

drying

my drying technique is much different then most peoples but it has not failed me yet i take one of those long paper bags like they give you when you buy a bottle of liquor and throw my harvest in there and tape the open end to a plug in fan and turn the fan on full blast , depending on your fans strength it should have them almost cracker dry with 48 hrs . poke tiny tiny holes with a paper clip in the bag to allow air to get out .

contamination

if at any time you see any green , brown , black , pink , purple , orange , spots in your jar during colonization they NEED to be thrown out .

if at any time you see any green brown , black , pink or purple spots on your cakes after birth THEY NEED TO BE THROWN OUT

if at any time your cakes smell like straight up garbage and sh#t i can not stress enough THEY NEED TO BE THROWN OUT

[gradient:#0F0B01,#]this article is for educational purposes and educational purposes only , in no way shape or form do i encourage illegal activity of cultivation , possesion nor usage , thank you [/gradient]

plz if you have any questions concerns or additional info you think would be helpful plz tell/ask . all information is happily accepted , respected and debatable haha . happy harvesting and tx for reading my post

Edited by theprophecy (05/06/13 06:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: beginner friendly tek plus fc [Re: theprophecy]
    #18223776 - 05/06/13 06:14 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I started to read the post and stopped, because its apparent that there is lots of bad information in here. Not that this method does not work, but there is misinformation and poor methods.

If you want cheap

www.mushroomvidoes.com

most up to date reliable tek. and it needs miminum equipment.

theres no reason to soak vermiculite in water for an hour then drain. also you should use tap water if your water is ok to drink, if not used bottle spring water. the minerals in water is benificial. Distilled water is void of any minerals and vitamins.

Alcohol IS NOT a steriliser, it is merely a sanitiser. use it to wipe down your gloved hands and to wipe inoculation sites down (the lids on your jars) its also used to wipe down jars aswell when doing g2g transfers.

You onlye need to flame a needle red hot before inoculation, you DO NOT wipe it with a dirty alcohol soaked paper towel. whtas the point in flame sterilising which will kill everything on the needle (and inside the needle if anything got in there from a previous inoculation) to then wipe it with something that will not kill everything.

IPA works by killing a cell from inside the cell by tricking the cell to allow the alcohol inside. 70-90% alcohol does this as it has some water and the cells think its ok. the alcohol then dries the cell out killing it. however this does not work with any cell. some cells either dont let it get inside, or with some hardy cells the cell dries out and then later if it gets wet rehydrates.

IPA is merly a sanitiser.

In regards to the pf tek mix, you should hydrate your verm with water then add flour in mix in to coat the verm, test for field capacity (by squeezing in the hand, a drop or 2 is perfect) add more verm if too wet, or more water if too dry.

No soaking verm no messing. Just a simple 2 parts verm, 1 part water, 1 part brf.

Also A pressure cooker is not needed, again you need to do alot more reading before trying to post teks, sory but the more i read the post the most old disregarded information i am finding. For the pf tek, you can steam sterilise for 90 minutes, a pressure cooker merly means you can reduce that time to 60 minutes.

And while were on the subject of pressure cookers, it is infact not a must at all even if you were to use grains. Yes you can steam sterilise grains, granted you would need to steam sterilise for 80 hours, but the pint is its not a must. its just preferable and most people wouldnt want to spend 8 hours steaming grains but it can be done. With the pf tek, theres no reason to get a pressure cooker. But i do recomend getting one as grains are much better to work with when wanting to do things on a larger scale.

You have no mention of sterile procedures when inoculating jars. I also dont see you mention anything about having a filter in your jars. that right there is certain failure for anyone trying to use your tekc ending on an awfull jar full of mold and bacteria. Without any filter anything can get in.

right i just reread that your not using the metal disc and instead foil. still a huge contam risk when you inoclate. You should be puting a 1/2 inch dry verm layer in your jars, and putting 4 inoc holes in your lids, which you then tap the holes up with masking tape or micropore tape. then foil over it to stop water getting in during sterilisation.

Not to mention that you dont have any mention of using a still air box. Open air inoculations are garbage IMO. I dont care how many people seem to get away with it with this and or that method. If you can accept loses in your grow fine, but its very discouraging to new peopel to go try things and then to have 90% of there jars contam. I know this was very frustrating in the beginning when i started and was doing 4 jars at a time to wait a week to find 3 out of 4 full of green or blue mold. SABS are simple and cheap to build. Not to mention that its so wastefull of resources.

Next is your colinisation advice. sorry but theres no need to keep them in the dark, and infact its been found benificial for colinising substrate to be exposed to ambient light. all my cakes suddenly started pinning way faster when i started doing this.

also your light schedule, ive no idea where you got 16/8 form. somewhere around 12/12 is fine, it doesnt have to be exact.

Now for fruiting.

soak the perlite for an hour? no not needed, just rinse well in a colindar, allow to drain and into your fruiting chamber.

No mention of sitting cakes on jar lids or foil so not to be sitting on the perlite.

without any hole in your terrrarium you will need to fan out every hour. so build a SGFC

www.mushroomvideos.com

you will find the most reliable pf tek with complete video instructoins.

But if you want to redocument the pf tek, then you are going to have to complelty redo it, as there is alot of old outdated information in your post.

New growers seem lost because they simply do not research enough and dont stick around the forums long enough. they register and expect more experienced people to spoonfeed them information and babysit them on there grows to then either go back into the background being content with there pf tek grows or to give up and move on to something else.

Not to mention that it is hard to find information these days with the amount of garbage that gets posted here.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinetheprophecy
unheard of
Male User Gallery

Re: beginner friendly tek plus fc [Re: veda_sticks]
    #18223810 - 05/06/13 06:23 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

im sorry for outdated information i was nearly just posting how SMIM sucessfully did his first grow.

SWIM followed this and it ended nicely

--------------------
i thank you for reading my post . in time i will help you .

Edited by theprophecy (05/06/13 06:32 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: beginner friendly tek plus fc [Re: theprophecy]
    #18223900 - 05/06/13 06:41 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

theprophecy said:
im sorry for outdated information i was nearly just posting how SMIM sucessfully did his first grow.

SWIM followed this and it ended nicely

Sorry for the rant, just had a long day at work and im tired. For some reason none of your pictures were showing when i first viewed your post.

If this is a grow log, then id rename the post and take out the tek part and call it a grow log.

Congrats on managing to get nicely fruiting cakes.

But id recomend you follow the pf tek at

www.mushroomvideos.com

less steps, less effort.

and read read read :-)

i spend alot of time here trying to undo the mish mash of old and bad info thats spread through the forums which is no fault of yours.

happy growing.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineiOmniphobia
Not all who wander are lost
Male User Gallery

Re: beginner friendly tek plus fc [Re: veda_sticks]
    #18224034 - 05/06/13 07:13 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Veda - I would like to thank you for your relentless attempt at cleaning these forums the way you do.

Prophecy - Veda said everything I could have. Well done on finding a alternative way, that worked for you. Nice fruits. I'd still recommend the simple www.mushroomvideos.com methods.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates