Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinearbitem
Stranger
I have found the meaning of Life
    #1821874 - 08/17/03 02:06 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Today I tried shrooms for the very first time. Now perhaps a bit of background is due before I continue. I am a 22 year old student. I am fairly successful in school and am currently attending one of the most prestigious business schools in the country. I've used marijuana before to allow my mind to expand and usually get very philosophical on it. Today was different. Today in the blink of an eye, in a ripple in time, I found the answer to man's greatest mystery. Why? Why are we here? What is the meaning of this thing we call life? It all became crystal clear to me like the water as I watched one rock, two rocks thrown into the water. Each ripple making this mystery a little more clear. In this thing we call an existence, our world, we are completely consumed in everyday life; unaware of what this all really means. Much like Heidegger and "Being & Time" I must agree that there is a Being that is holding all of what know as being together and allowing new beings to come into being. Whether this is simply explained by nature or something greater that created everything we know and love, we all must agree that there is some centricity to the universe. Some form of a center or origin. However you see it, this planet was laid out for us. We are the alpha species and we don't even understand why. Do you really want to know why? I'm sure if you've read this far you must seek the answer. Enjoyment. We are here to enjoy our time on the planet and beyond. This existence was built for us, somehow or another. As masters of this planet we are meant to enjoy our time on it. If you can't say you enjoyed your life then there can never be the eternal return of the same. Friedrich Nietzsche said that a person should be able to look back at the end of their life and say that they wouldn't change a thing. In this thing called time, within this thing known as Being, we are merely meant to enjoy our small blink of said time in said Being. That is why people who get stuck in the grind feel so empty and people enjoying themselves feel so full. I bid you all to enjoy life, for if we can't enjoy this thing known as existence, then what's the point in it all?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: I have found the meaning of Life [Re: arbitem]
    #1821893 - 08/17/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yep yep yep! Just be happy. I personally think that no one really (as in they can say 100% sure) knows why we are here, but that question shouldn't really matter. Just realize that you are. Isn't it wonderful to breath, to experience, and then learn from that experience? awesome

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1821894 - 08/17/03 02:16 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you know what?

i Have found the meaning of life too!

I can give you the definition of life in one word: whatever.

I dont care if any of you disagree with me. I could care less. I think lifes just a big whatever. sure I can say that your meaning of life is just a nother theory. and you could say the same about mine. nothing can really be proven.

so in that case. do whatever. I do what I do. and thats what the meaning of life is. so your theory does relate to mine. enjoyment.

but fuck. who doesnt know this already hehe

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
Re: I have found the meaning of Life [Re: shr00m]
    #1821897 - 08/17/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

EXACTLY! If you can't look back and be happy with your life, then your life was a waste. If that is then the case, then the opposite would be your life being a success which would be the definition of what life is supposed to be. If you can truly say you are happy with your life, then sir, you are the master of life's true meaning.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1821899 - 08/17/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"I must agree that there is a Being that is holding all of what know as being together and allowing new beings to come into being."

I just hope this "Being" isn't getting "ill."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
Re: I have found the meaning of Life [Re: Strumpling]
    #1821902 - 08/17/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If so, let it be. Time and the bigger picture are out of our control. We need to enjoy our share of Time here now. If Being is what controls the sands of time and everytime the sands expire, boom no more dinosaurs, boom no more sun; then our significance is null. We are not even a 1/10000000 of a spec of dust in Being's sands of time. We must take control of what share of Time we have, and live life to the fullest. If the world were to end tomorrow, do you know how many people would do everything they've wanted to do? I think that that's how people should approach everyday life. Not like we're going to die, but like we need to use our share of Time to the best of our ability.

Edited by arbitem (08/17/03 02:25 AM)

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1821906 - 08/17/03 02:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

wrong. i dont think that ther is a "true" meaning of life.

i dont think that the true meaning of life is to be happy.

i think its just as I said before: whatever. who the fuck cares if you lived a happy life or not. its just fucking life man.

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1821908 - 08/17/03 02:26 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

oh and from my perspective, mankind does NOT enjoy itself nearly as much as other animals, overall.

we keep distracting ourselves with all sorts of stupid crap, instead of simply "Being." I don't think I'm alone when I say mankind is getting more and more restless every minute; and the rate at which restlessness is rising seems to be rising as well... I think restlessness is a sign of dis-ease, or uncomfortability.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (08/17/03 02:30 AM)

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
    #1821909 - 08/17/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Surely you must see that at the end of it all your idea will be your ultimate downfall. If you can't say you've lived a life that you are proud of, then you have essentially been a waste of Time's time.

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
    #1821915 - 08/17/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

We most definitely do not enjoy ourselves as much as we should. I want to say my life was as full as it could have been. The better the things I can fill it up with the more satisfied I will be with my life in the end. If I enjoy myself for the entirety of my existence, I can do nothing but be happy with my time spent in Time.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1821921 - 08/17/03 02:33 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

and whats wrong with wasting time? wahts wrong with my idea being the ultimate downfall?

id like to know.

--------------------

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1821924 - 08/17/03 02:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i think its a beautiful idea

meditate on it my friend

--------------------
I&I

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: I have found the meaning of Life [Re: Rastafari]
    #1821927 - 08/17/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i think its a good idea too. do whatever my friend :wink:

--------------------

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
    #1821928 - 08/17/03 02:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you waste your time in existence then you have wasted life, thus abandoning any chance that you will experience life's meaning. If you can't even see that, then your wrinkle in time will go less fulfilled than even your average Joe.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1821930 - 08/17/03 02:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

think what you want. seriously. I could care less.

all I see fromw aht you post is whatever infinity +1.

say what you think is right. and whats wrong.

hell I dont even know why I posted here. oh well whatever.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1821933 - 08/17/03 02:40 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

lol sorry for posting so much here heh but these "meaning of life" topics always get my mind flowing.... whether or not that is good or bad is up to you :wink:

regarding "I must agree that there is a Being that is holding all of what know as being together and allowing new beings to come into being" again..

I think THIS, not enjoyment, is the "meaning" rather "function/purpose" of life, if there is one :wink:

I think the whole "idea" is 'new beings' and constantly-changing environments with which to constantly change the beings.. and of course these beings should continue to make more beings

but that's just one Strumpling perspective..

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (08/17/03 03:01 AM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1821938 - 08/17/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I always thought about exactly that.. and it still keeps coming back to me. And i have to remember to have that optimistic positive side to life. But i realize even though i am young and i should enjoy life and all, my life hasnt been filled with the happiest memories. I have come to learn a lot, and one thing ive learned about the things I have learned, is that i need to put what i know to the world. Because like strumpling has said, people are not enjoying themselves, and to me this world is filled with all the wrong people who have the ability to make other people happy, but they choose to hoard their wealth for other reasons. Im not going to call my self selfless... of COURSE not. But seriously, Ive realized that i cant think that world will end tomorrow to do all i can for enjoyment, cause im young and i need to realize the difference between having fun and enjoying my life. Cause having fun or being happy always does not always constitute an enjoyed life. Enjoying your life seems to be something you would look back on before you die, and that itself to me seems to be a pretty bad thought. But, learning this, I see that if by doing whatever i can, even if it sucks at time, for other people, To my own end, will eventually satisfy me. TO do that requires a strict set of discipline on my part.

But for other people... i think they shouldnt abandon all hope of trying to help other people, or enlighten (teach),  and be willing to "take a few punches" so that other people can learn and teach, and help the world. We could all die tomorrow, but i dont think that means we should throw up our hands, and forget about where we are. But i guess thats the freedom we have here, in this place, i just hope that the sides dont become so unbalanced, that everyone search for enjoyment will come at eachothers expense.

Ive come to realize that a lot of people who do what they want to enjoy themselves has a negative affect on other people. ANd who am i to infringe on those rights?

I hope this doesnt get construed, or im attacking any of your points, i think those are all very valid ideas in their own right. Just throwing out my ideas on the issue :wink:. Peace :sun:  :eyemouth:

--------------------
What?

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
    #1821941 - 08/17/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, perhaps it worked best that I was reflecting on life via the reflection of the most abundant source of life on the planet; the water. Each outward-bound ripple allowing my mind to venture deeper into the meaning of life. It was a moment of utter clarity.

Offlinearbitem
Stranger
Re: I have found the meaning of Life [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1821948 - 08/17/03 02:48 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Attacking my points? I must say I agree with just about everything you posted. That's really the downside of existence, is that so many people are simply wasting it. They are doing things that are worthless in the bigger picture and they will all realize that right before their time is up. You see, I agree, thinking about what we think about our lives before we die is a bit unnerving; however, it's the only true measure of whether or not our life was worthwhile. The meaning of anything is to give simple definition or clarity to, and if you can't be happy with your life; if you did not enjoy life, you have failed to realize the meaning of life itself.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

#1821950 - 08/17/03 02:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

im h appy with my life. hi :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom