Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIBL
Food of the Gods
Amanita muscaria
    #1819447 - 08/16/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hi,

I am hanging out in the Czech Republic for a few weeks and I remember that the last time I was here I came across lots of the mushrooms seen in this picture here called Amanita muscaria.

Anyhow just wondering how good these are, how I should take them, I want an above average trip if they are good so how many, how long the effects usually last for and on a scale of 1 - 10 how do you rate this shroom.

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: IBL]
    #1819503 - 08/16/03 10:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It's an old revered entheogen, try 5 grams of dried cap material for your first time. Potency varies between locations and time of the season. At one point of the seasion it's more narcotic and the other more psycadelic. Some people will tell you not to eat it, I say don't listen to them! The key is preperation, sun dry the caps. This will convert Ibotec acid into muscimol, Ibotec acid causes some sickness. Also, a little pot goes along way.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: gdman]
    #1819506 - 08/16/03 10:41 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

gdman420 covered it all. make sure to take his advice on a ltitle herb if you wanna have a good experience. Aminitas are not like psylocibe mushrooms, the trip is WAY different. CHeck out erowid.org for more info before ya try them, man.

Offlinecharvo
JOURNEYMAN
Male

Loc: In The Hand Of The World
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1820305 - 08/16/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

wow those are nice shrooms,i love seeing them in the wild.last week a friend and i found a bunch yellow cap amanita muscaria formosa,those are some cool ass mushroom.thanx for sharing your pic. NICE!

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: 2Experimental]
    #1820372 - 08/16/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

>make sure to take his advice on a ltitle herb if you wanna have a good experience. Aminitas are not like psylocibe mushrooms, the trip is WAY different.

The trip is way different? I know for a fact that you have never made the comparison. so what prompts you to spin out these little jewels?

My mom would always give "advice" to people... but she wouldn't base it on anything she'd actually experienced. "Put your money into these stocks, they support christianity" "If your not happy with your marriage, then break up. What matters most to you should be your own happiness" Such shitty advice she always gives... she doesn't invest in the stock market, and she's never been divourced... So what the fuck?
Same thing here. DON'T regurgitate, and never give out unbased information. Holy fucking shit! I feel dumber when I allow myself to be subjected to these opinions... Whats even worse is when the person pretends to know what (s)he's talking about... and uses "without a doubt" and "for sure"
i feel like I need to go break something now  :smirk:

Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1820466 - 08/16/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

O yah,Muscaria is an alright trip,I wouldnt reccomend eating alot your first time tho,beacuse if picked in the wrong season,they can tear your stomach to hell and back,just like GDMAN said,but anyways,enjoy'em man and tell us how they were,Peace!
-happyhunting-

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Loc: east coast
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: aminitaman]
    #1820494 - 08/16/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

what about if you purchase them online and you don't necessarily know if they are sun dried is there any other way of converting Ibotec acid into muscimol after they have been dried or anyway of reducing the ill stomach effects?

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: kief]
    #1820560 - 08/16/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you purcessed them from a reputible vendor, I would assume that they would be alright.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

#1820596 - 08/16/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i just don't see sun drying them as profitable they are probably dried in some sort of dehydrator.

--------------------
the mind is a terrilble thing to waste i show love causes it a terrible thing to hate.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: IBL]
    #1820682 - 08/16/03 05:34 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They are supposed to be roasted to break down some nasty toxins into something more enjoyable.

I wouldn't try it untill you know more about it. You can pick and dry them now, and eat them later. They don't contain any psilocybin or any other illegal substance, so crossing borders with them wouldn't be dangerous, you just might get them taken from you.

If I had a chance to get some European muscarias, I'd definitely go for it. They're supposed to be far superior to the American varieties.

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1820753 - 08/16/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah bh, I heard that too.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#1820909 - 08/16/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

ive heard youre supposed to eat both the stem and cap
when not using a whole mushroom, then keeping the stem:cap ratio of the ingested mushie the same...

Offlinekief
Dr. Nuggz

Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: ]
    #1820969 - 08/16/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i have herd about the roasting to break down the acid i thought it was for fresh ones thoough, the habbitat around my area is not sufficient for them to grow so i am stuck ordering them.

--------------------

OfflineHiisi
Stranger
Re: Amanita muscaria [Re: kief]
    #1838664 - 08/21/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard that drying them for long time, few months maybe, should break ibotenic acid to muscimol and some also say that roasting or even drying them in high temperature would be bad for muscimol too, is this true?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules