Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBelaskO_Tha_Juggla
Juggalo
Loc: Shangri-La
My last two hunting attempts.......
    #1818283 - 08/15/03 08:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, check it out....

Last week I decided to go hunt with my g/f and a friend of mine. The weather conditions were PERFECT. We go to the usual field and we search the entire thing and we find....nothing...not one type of fungi except for three tiny poisonous lookalikes. This field has ALWAYS yielded shrooms in these conditions. I dont think that someone else hit it because when I found dung there wasnt any sign that anything had been growing there. I just cant figure out why there were no shrooms....except I guess it was just one of those things in nature...I dont know.....

My last hunting expedition took place Thursday night. We went to these cow fields out in the country that nobody really knows about. We parked in this little path inside a corn field and decide to trek thru the corn so we can jump the fence in cover instead of on the side of the road. Well about two feet into the corn patch we realize that it is just too thick, we cant get into it without a machete....so we walk around and climb the first barb wire fence in full view of two houses (luckily it was 3AM). We reach the second barb wire fence and jump over that and start to walk along it and look for shrooms. Immediately I realize that there are about fifty cows (that I can see in the dark). Well I'm from the city so Im a little freaked by animals that are three times my size so Im slowly walkin along tryin not to spook them. I stop and look at the cows who are ALL staring at me and my friend...I wont lie that this totally freaked me out...but I kept going. We got close to a few cows who ran off and started to moo. I didnt want the owners to wake up so I said "Fuck this, Im going home...we got plenty of beer anyway." So we're leaving and the cows (one bull that I can see also) are starting to walk towards us....closer....and closer. We FINALLY get to where we can climb over and we're outa there. We went home and got drunk....tho I was wanting to trip really bad because its been sooooo long. Anyway, theres no real question or lesson from this post, just wanted to talk about my experience. The cows really freaked me out, especially since its common knowledge that cows are the main soldiers in the animal revolution that is being plotted......

--------------------
"In Hell the mimes scream loudest."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: BelaskO_Tha_Juggla]
    #1818408 - 08/15/03 09:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

haha this thread is great!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1818499 - 08/15/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What state you in?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1818523 - 08/15/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

a corn field and decide to trek thru the corn 

-Yeah, what state are in?

Quote:

especially since its common knowledge that cows are the main soldiers in the animal revolution that is being plotted......

-:lol:

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234 

OfflineBelaskO_Tha_Juggla
Juggalo
Loc: Shangri-La
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1818532 - 08/15/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

im in Louisiana....i think it was a cornfield...looked just like one anyway...

--------------------
"In Hell the mimes scream loudest."

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #1818646 - 08/15/03 11:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

thats a great story :thumbup:.  But there is no reason to be afraid of cows. Bulls are what you need to look out for. you say you saw one. Your lucky it didnt run at you and really hurt you. Must be that juggalo luck.  :wink: 

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1818787 - 08/16/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

But there is no reason to be afraid of cows.

like hell there isn't. cows can be verry dangerous; and although they are usualy harmless they can be quite nasty at times. animals are never 100% predictable and with one as large as a cow you should always be cautious.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: canid]
    #1818816 - 08/16/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

IME cows just moooo and run away. They have never messed with me, besides mooing. That can wake up the farmer.

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#1818905 - 08/16/03 01:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah cows are generally known for being quite passive....maybe that's why I find I relate to cows so well...or maybe I was a cow in a past life.....which would explain my feeling of kinship with mushrooms....but that doesn't explain why I really like eating beef and mushroom when ever I go to chinese food resteraunts or why I'm such a big fan of steak...seems somewhat canibalistic, thought I guess I'm not currently a cow so it's no big deal...

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1819635 - 08/16/03 11:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

One time in a Jacksonville field, it was late at night and it was just me and no-Shrooms and one Bull. And it was just watching me the whole time, and then it started stomping and scraping its feet on the grass and snorting at me...i got out of his field pronto.

Keep shroomin,

Oh and other cows here at my fields in Sarasota are nice ones.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

#1819903 - 08/16/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

How many of you have been chased by a bull?

--------------------

OfflineMuecci
Muecci
    #1819966 - 08/16/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Recently in North Carolina I have been finding shrooms growing in my woods that I haven't seen all year. With this in mind I went to a nearby cow pasture last night to see what I could find. I rode my motorcycle and shut off the engine and lights as I rolled up. Usually the cows are put in a different field at night but as soon as I walked up to the barb wire these cows knew something was up. At first they were on the other side of the pasture but they started moo'ing way loud and jogging twoards my position. In the front were the big mofo's and they wouldn't take their eyes off me. So I started walking the fence line trying to put distance between me and the protective heard, but they just kept following me. Then I step right up to the barb wire and three of them took a mock charge at me. I myself am a city boy and I about shit my pants. They didn't see me very long, cause I was back on my motorcycle hauling ass. Some of you guys say they are harmless but I don't intend to find out! :wink: Thanks for the site guys!!! :smile:

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: Muecci]
    #1820010 - 08/16/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe cow are soldiers in the animal revolution. LOL That sucks dude....

Keep hunting.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #1820127 - 08/16/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

How many of you have been chased by a bull?

Never. Typically, the main herd sticks together in groups or clusters hanging out with eachother, then there are usually also appointed cows in the herd that stand watch further from the herds and they let the herds know (Mooo!) when something is up or if there is something out of the ordinary going on (Shroomers). Then there are also the bulls, and those guys are usually the grumpier (and much larger and stronger) ones and they are just really protective of the females theyre banging. Obviously you are not a cow or a bull so they are not all that worried that you will have sex with their bitches...not too common here in Florida but i'm not sure how often people have sex with cows up in north and south carolina. :smile:

Muecci, the cows were most likely just curious who the hell you were inside of their field and they were most likely just playing with you (bored). If a cow walked into your house late at night wouldn't you too wonder why and how they came in???
-At my favorite field the cows already are familiar with me and what i am doing out there on their land (shroom pickin), sometimes the whole heard will come up to me to visit and stare at me or even stampeed closely but they never touch me..(i think theyre just showing off their mighty strength) all in all it is best to distance yourself from being too close (or even in site of) the livestock (especially if they all start Mooing).

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234   

OfflineShockey
#shrooms

Loc: Utah
    #1820267 - 08/16/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'll tell you all a Cow story. We where fishing and looking for mushrooms. And we had to jump this fence to get around this tree and on the other side of it to be next to the river. ANyway. On the other side of the fence where cows. And we where like whoa alot of cows. but we jumped the other fence and started to fish. anyway we had to get back. And the cows Blocked our way. We tried to shoo them off and they just started to moo and shake the fence with there heads. So we climed the tree and got to the other side. Witch was a real big pain in the ass with 3 fishing poles and fishing equpment. Anyway We realized there was a really big area where there was just water and the fence. As we walked towards it. the cows collowed us the whole way. And we thought of this great idea to start running at the end jump the fence real fast and run like hell and jump the other side. So we start to run and spooked the cows for a second.. Then they started to after us. We jumped the fence and they where like INRAGED and started to charge at us... This was like 56 cows Running at us.. The second fence we all cleard with no problem AKA adrennilan. Yup I belive cows can be very agresive and dangerous. Peace

--------------------
The sun and moon will Many a time rise and set.
And there are many decisions in life.
Some are wrong Some are right.
But like the sun and moon It will always go on.

OfflineMuecci
Muecci
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: Shockey]
    #1820542 - 08/16/03 04:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Lol... I can see it now, 56 cows running after you two. Man, no doubt they may just be trying to show off but damn they are big as hell! I bet farmers and people that are around them everyday think I am an idiot. Oh well, what can I say I was born a city boy. :wink:

GGreatOne... about the having sex with their bitches comment, us fellers can get mighty lonely out in these parts and gotta get some somehow! Just flip that sexy tail to the side and GO TO TOWN BABY!!! :smile: LOL

Again, www.shroomery.com and friends thanks for the great site!

InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: Shockey]
    #1820555 - 08/16/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shockey said:
This was like 56 cows Running at us.. The second fence we all cleard with no problem AKA adrennilan. Yup I belive cows can be very agresive and dangerous. Peace

Nothing like a stampede to get the adrenaline going.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #1821544 - 08/16/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If a cow walked into your house late at night wouldn't you too wonder why and how they came in???

If a cow walked into my house late at night, I don't know what the *fuck* I'd do... LOL

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: Adden]
    #1823386 - 08/17/03 04:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
Quote:

If a cow walked into your house late at night wouldn't you too wonder why and how they came in???

If a cow walked into my house late at night, I don't know what the *fuck* I'd do... LOL

I'd be trying to figure out how I was going to store all of that steak.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineAnAshA
Lil' HippieShroomite
Re: My last two hunting attempts....... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1824366 - 08/17/03 09:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

man take a bright ass led flashlight with you... shine it at a group of cows if they r mooing at u... blind them for a sec... turn off your light and walk about 10 paces closer and flash em again... they ALWAYS bolt when they see u can move without them knowing it... though i wouldnt try that with a bull around

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract