Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1816805 - 08/15/03 11:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> No one has told me their opinions on me yet...

Why should I have an opinion about you... more to the point, why do you care what some dolt like me thinks about you? ... but since you asked, I will answer... look into a mirror and then close your eyes... what do you see?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: Seuss]
    #1816820 - 08/15/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Why should I have an opinion about you... more to the point, why do you care what some dolt like me thinks about you? ... but since you asked, I will answer... look into a mirror and then close your eyes... what do you see?

It is your choice whether or not you have an opinion on me, man. What do I care? Nothing. What others think of me has nothing to do with my posts, why I post. Did asking the question imply that? I am merely intrigued, and half of me asking was a joke.

I know who I am and what I am about, and don't need others opinions to make me feel better. I was just curious as to how my posts come off to others. You see, I am blinded by the Creator aspect... the scriptwriter can't fully enjoy his movie from the point of view of the ignorant viewer, and the musician can't fully appreciate his music the same way the fans can.. granted, there comes a different enjoyment, probably more fufilling to that person, but I think you should be able to understand what I am trying to say...

?whines? God, can't you just humour me? hehe.

I really do not care others opinions, and they don't affect me, but it would be sort of nice to know, anyways, don't you think? I will tell you, man, if you want to know. And don't hold anything back! We can help each other find our mistakes (if that is what they are, it just depends) and grow further...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: Dogomush]
    #1816847 - 08/15/03 12:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Good post. Recently I've been asking myself why I believe the things I believe and where I get my opinions from. I found that a lot of them are second hand, "cut & paste" beliefs. I think I've reached a point in my life where I need to re-evaluate my opinions and build them up again from a more logical perspective.

I'm going to Uni in a month's time to start a philosophy degree. Hopefully that will teach me HOW to think rather than WHAT to think.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: Revelation]
    #1816880 - 08/15/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

> from a more logical perspective.

Be careful of logic... it is a wonderful tool for describing dualistic reality.  If there is more out there than duality, logic will hinder rather than help.

> can't you just humour me?

*chuckle* such a good rebuttal (no sarcasm, your entire answer was very good), but I have nothing to add.  I left you a rating instead.  :grin:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
    #1816962 - 08/15/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Who gets to be the judge in determining this?

Let me guess. You!

Well I guess that makes you pretty important in your book now doesn't it.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1816978 - 08/15/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
No one has told me their opinions on me yet... 

My opinion of ya can be summed with.....

I bet your the guy on the right of the picture below your posts! :smirk:
Ha, j/k... :wink:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
well, if it'll make you happy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1817159 - 08/15/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

come on, motherfuckers, take your shots!

If I'm not mistaken (which I probably am) this is a direct quote from Einstien after revealing his theory of realativity...which, I believe, would put you smack dab in the center of the dumbot category  :wink:

You really should start paraphrasing these things. 

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: well, if it'll make you happy [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1817905 - 08/15/03 06:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

*bump*

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: well, if it'll make you happy [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1817911 - 08/15/03 06:06 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

*chuckle* such a good rebuttal (no sarcasm, your entire answer was very good), but I have nothing to add. I left you a rating instead.

Thanks for the rating, man, I'll be watching your posts; a rating for you will be soon at hand...

Quote:

My opinion of ya can be summed with.....

I bet your the guy on the right of the picture below your posts!
Ha, j/k...

Yeah, me, Kirk Hammett, member of Metallica... that'd make me pretty rich (and quite the guitarist). No, I'm not him.. although he's my favourite member now. One of my dreams would be for it to be me standing fifth from the left, with the AC/DC t-shirt on... me, bassist for IN FLAMES... come on, Peter, quit! Give in to "personal matters"! I mean, I am in Norway, I can go and try out, if my bass ever arrives.. hehe. I can already play half of your songs, it isn't like Peter's bass lines were that hard (now, that's below the belt, sorry man. i still love ya!).. I would definitely fill out a little bit more of some sonic space, while holding true to the role the bass plays in IN FLAMES:.. ahem, but anyways..

Some of you need to lighten up... taking everything so melodramatic and end of the world..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineShadowsEnd
Give me 1 shroomrating plz!
Re: well, if it'll make you happy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1818355 - 08/15/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Good post. Recently I've been asking myself why I believe the things I believe and where I get my opinions from. I found that a lot of them are second hand, "cut & paste" beliefs. I think I've reached a point in my life where I need to re-evaluate my opinions and build them up again from a more logical perspective.

I'm going to Uni in a month's time to start a philosophy degree. Hopefully that will teach me HOW to think rather than WHAT to think. "

Right on!

Anonymous

Re: well, if it'll make you happy [Re: ShadowsEnd]
    #1818447 - 08/15/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I really hate the words "seem" and "I", even though I used it twice already.

You guys use them a lot too and sometimes it pisses me off

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: well, if it'll make you happy [Re: ShadowsEnd]
    #1818452 - 08/15/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know man.. university is a pretty sketchy place.. lots of shady characters. Originally I was just "taking a year off" and then I took another and another and another.. I think that gets me where I am now.

What I've found is that there are lots of really kickass people/institutions educating people around that you might prefer to university. I mean, a philosophy degree isn't really a piece of paper you can buy a job with, correct? Might not be worth going to big ol' university to get. I don't know why I'm bothering telling you this.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1818517 - 08/15/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

We are all of the same mind and everything we learn and think is of the same substance; the only way things evolve is through transformation; transformation comes through digestion, reflection, and finally mutation.
When we read or hear something we agree with, we transform it into our own opinions and perceptions. I highly doubt that anything is truely original in this world.
All that is, has always been, in some form or another.

I think Einstein summed it up simply when he said that the key to creativity is in hiding your sources.  :rolleyes:   

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1818522 - 08/15/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Oh and  :thumbup: to Rebel Steve who picked up on the (obvious?) hypocrisy in your post.  :smirk: 

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: Murex]
    #1818624 - 08/15/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, kinda like thoze people who conform to the 'hippie' lifestyle- They are all dumb-ass, pot smoking left-wing radicals who complain about everyone else and how the government is killing them and shit. They are all into bands like Phish or the Dead, and are most likely Buddist or Hindu. Theze are the people that sicken me.

Any large, general group of people has sections. Do you make the same judgement about people who take mushrooms? It's not like they all conform to some elite standards. There are those who do it just to get fucked up and those who use it to explore the inner landscapes of their mind. And even these 2 classifications are neither right nor wrong. One is just more robotic (programmed).

And what's wrong with liking certain types of musik or agreeing with certain religions?

...And if you would take a closer look around, the government IS killing people and shit.  :shocked: 

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: Adamist]
    #1818657 - 08/15/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

haha yes it's a little tooooo obvious, don't you think? You guys both win the coveted D'UH award. I can't get across ironic tones with typing, but come on guys, give me some credit.

I'm not saying that everybody should always be saying things that are truly original. It's fine if your ideas aren't original so long as you are communicating them from your own internalized understanding rather than relaying other people's experience. When one reads a philosophical principle, ponders it, understands it, and applies or discovers it in their own life then when they speak about that principle it carries more weight and the person is more interesting to listen to.

A dronebot would read about and explain yin and yang theory with the old, tired images as a crutch to his crippled understanding. He'd talk about dark and light sides of hills, or explain it in terms of the seasons, but someone who had internalized the principles of yin and yang could find the duality anywhere.. he could infinitely analyze the clutter on his desk, explain the ideas using the relationship between a stack of CDs and his computer monitor. If you don't have the ability to speak from an internalized understanding of whatever you're talking about.. religion, evolutionary theory, christ's teachings, then..

I was going through books in a new age bookstore the other day, reading about daoism, and the books sucked. No insight whatsoever, just a bunch of charlatans rearanging simple ideas with groovy paperback covers.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1818703 - 08/15/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

beep boop beep

I am a dronebot

ROFL :smile:

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1818723 - 08/15/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

And what's wrong with liking certain types of musik or agreeing with certain religions?

I believe what he's refering to is the uncanny fact that people with certain hairstyles also like corresponding bands and religions. Maybe he thinks it's weird that people like to conform themselves to a certain classification of people-types. Like why do all the so-called non-comformists wear uniforms that identify them as non-conformists? Don't you think that's a little... conformist?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1818742 - 08/16/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"Like why do all the so-called non-comformists wear uniforms that identify them as non-conformists? Don't you think that's a little... conformist? "

ALL? thats a nasty word.

I have short hair and wear polo shirts and dockers everywhere.

I like raving, techno, the Greatful Dead, and I'm not too fond of the government or bif business, either

the only uniform I wear is strictly utilitarian. It amuses me to know end how many teachers, bosses, police, etc think I'm "such a nice young lad" just because I dress according to a certain code and keep my hair short. Those people are morons.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Some observations on the people of this forum [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1819681 - 08/16/03 12:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

way to go.. but don't you want to let your hair grow sometimes?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale