Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
little egg BIG EGG
    #1818244 - 08/15/03 10:41 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Ok, been thinking about my mind and how I perceive the world, involving use of hallucinogens in the past, the search for ego-loss, and all that good stuff.

the way I see it, there is the little egg you can break out of (by use of psycheelics or just natural time, or whatever... LSD in my case) this is when you overcome things you've been afraid of all your life, feel a certain connection with the rest of the world, and generally just feel your cultural and mental shackles just sort of let go. let's face it, this rocks. it is pure liberation from bullshit, whether it was induced by a drug or not... hell you need pliers to pull out that bullet in your leg, it's not gonna just remove itself because you want it to. you feel you catch a glimpse of the divine... but just a glimpse.

but anyways....

then there is the big egg... in my opinion, this is very dangerous to your mental health... I feel I have great first-hand experience in this department. this is where, in a nutshell, you become your heigtened sense of awareness. everyday life becomes trivial... it all seems like a game... like a little box... everything is a system within a system, you feel utterly trapped and unable to enjoy the human experience. you feel you have broken out of the fabrics that held your reality together, and you feel like trying to go back would be like donating your body back to the Matrix...

well you can probably see where I'm going with this...

It's a sacred thing to lose yourself into the universe momentarily, just make sure you know how to find the way back.

this goes out to anyone lost at sea.....
peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: Grav]
    #1818259 - 08/15/03 10:48 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I don't see real wisdom and awareness to be in any way dangerous to your physical or mental well-being. Perhaps you are miscategorizing some experience or thoughts that you had.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: Swami]
    #1818326 - 08/15/03 11:26 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

If you don't see it to be dangerous than you have nothing to worry about :smile:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1818674 - 08/16/03 01:40 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Interesting shit, Grav.

This is a type of awakening where one cannot "go back to sleep."

And Swami - I agree - the first hatchlings from any batch of eggs is bound to have perceptual and processing advantages over the later hatchlings, simply due to that newborn having more time to percieve and process outside of the egg, when the other hatchlings haven't even discovered the world outside.

Once "everybody's" hatched, the first couple hatchlings will already have figured out plenty of shit that the rest of them are going to have to go through.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (08/16/03 01:44 AM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1818712 - 08/16/03 01:53 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

yeah man, my sextant is broken.  :confused: . i hope to find some familliar shores sometime soon though... hopefully.

--------------------
What?

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1818811 - 08/16/03 02:31 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

"make sure you find the way back" - and as equally as important, make sure you remember where you've been.

I make a strong point of trying to maintain my adventures outside the shell, and make them relevant to my day to day life.

I'm watching where I step but making sure I have an eye up ahead on the trail as well.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1818848 - 08/16/03 02:42 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: Blastrid]
    #1818853 - 08/16/03 02:43 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

i guess that comes with experience, and i need to become more focused... That is very true.

--------------------
What?

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #1819122 - 08/16/03 04:27 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I know exactly what you mean about that whole 'big egg' thing...it was a barrier I sorta crossed a while back and quickly retreated from...the whole ordeal spooked the hell out of me. I can remember thinking: "my god...if there's any truth to any of this, then why the fuck am I doing anything at all???" It was like I suddenly realized that attempting to become enlightened was just as fruitless as playing the lottery, or picking up a penny off the ground, or anything else for that matter...not because it couldn't be done mind you, simply that actually going through with it wouldn't make one damn bit of difference at all. It was like I was suddenly slapped upside the head with some ultimate redwood of truth that screamed in my face "STOP!"

The best way I can describe this feeling is by mentioning something I once read about in that whole 'Spirit of Ra' thing...in which I remember something being written that (if I remember correctly) stated the 8th and final density also acts as the first density for the following octive(?) or whatever terminology was actually used. .......... Now, I'm not saying that this is gospel here and that just because someone says something that sounds resonably true ultimately means that it is indeed the truth...this is just an example that somewhat sums up how I felt when I 'broke the big egg', so to speak. Cause it was like all of the sudden I was asking myself: "if I make it my goal to strive to be perfect so that I can reach some sort of ultimate glory that words can't even begin to describe, and then I finally get there only to be told 'surprise...we're gonna turn you into primordial soup now' why the hell would I even want to put forth the effort in the first place?"

Everything in life just seemed so endless...and, quite frankly, I couldn't handle it. BUT as with most things in life, I eventually learned to except it...and with time, even embrace it. Now I actually love knowing that nothing I ever do will ever matter - at all - ever. I'm so much more relaxed now because of it...and, oddly enough, I also always feel like there's absolutely nothing beyond my reach...that I truely can do anything I so choose to do - even if it takes me a hundred thousand million billion gajillion eternities to do it (hell, what do I care - I got forever and a day anyhow, right?)

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1819278 - 08/16/03 07:31 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
then there is the big egg... in my opinion, this is very dangerous to your mental health... I feel I have great first-hand experience in this department. this is where, in a nutshell, you become your heigtened sense of awareness. everyday life becomes trivial... it all seems like a game... like a little box... everything is a system within a system, you feel utterly trapped and unable to enjoy the human experience. you feel you have broken out of the fabrics that held your reality together, and you feel like trying to go back would be like donating your body back to the Matrix...

Hmm... I thought that the beauty of this was the ability to FULLY enjoy the Human Experience, unblurred by lower thoughts, unattached to the outcome, to realize that it is all a momentary game, which makes it more enjoyable....

I think it isn't whether you win or lose, but how you play the game...

It is up to you to decide if this all is good or bad, but I'd rather enjoy it all from a higher understanding to enjoy it all with no understanding...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1819328 - 08/16/03 09:26 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Hmm... I thought that the beauty of this was the ability to FULLY enjoy the Human Experience, unblurred by lower thoughts, unattached to the outcome, to realize that it is all a momentary game, which makes it more enjoyable....

I thought it was too.... then I forgot who I was.

I am talking about a more premature sense... I'm not talking about the zen masters, but kids who gobble up psychedelics who are eager to 'break out' of their seemingly shallow reality. I think it's dangerous for many. I'm sure some people with the right chemistry and background could handle it, but I wasn't one of them, and I'm sure there are many others out there who can find themselves lost in a world of shit when they suddenly realize that reaching that state where 'nothing matters' is suddenly not very fun anymore, and Ooops, god knows how to get back at this point... does a 'back' exist? Are these thoughts all I have now?... Was my life just an illusion before all this?... and so forth....

I have no regrets but consider myself lucky to find my way out of that mess that was so incredibly alluring to get into in the first place

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1819439 - 08/16/03 11:56 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

when they suddenly realize that reaching that state where 'nothing matters' is suddenly not very fun anymore, and Ooops, god knows how to get back at this point... does a 'back' exist? Are these thoughts all I have now?... Was my life just an illusion before all this?... and so forth....

Yes, losing your perspective and then not finding it again. In my experience the best cure for that is to get yourself involved a lot in "normal" human activities again. If the problem persists and impairs your day-to-day life, it might be a good idea to consider getting some kind of expert psychological help.

Anonymous

#1819532 - 08/16/03 12:55 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I don't know, why would you want to get *back into* the big egg once you've broken out of it? I mean, who would want to go back into the Matrix once they're unplugged? People too caught up in the illusions I guess. Ignorance is bliss. Enlightenment is depressing.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: ]
    #1819539 - 08/16/03 12:58 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I'm having trouble breaking out of the big egg, myself.. I realize it is all true, but it doesn't effect my life in any way.. then again, I never found any of it out with psychadelics, but rather, making "discoveries" on my own.. marijuana helped speed the process, I must add.

But then, maybe my mind was meant to realize this, I must be the chosen one... wouldn't doubt it.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #1819813 - 08/16/03 03:04 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

The first thing that came to mind when I read little egg BIG EGG was:

" Humpty-Dumpty sat on a wall ...."

:lol:

Only YOU can re-arrange the pieces for YOURSELF.

:grin:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: ]
    #1820063 - 08/16/03 04:41 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

for cheap analogy's sake:

breaking out of the little egg would be like getting unplugged from the matrix.

breaking out of the big egg would be like, once out of the matrix, refusing to accept the reality of the 'real' world, refusing to accept anything for that matter.... if you did find the real world then you wouldn't even be able to recognize it... what am I saying, 'real' doesn't even exist anymore, it's just a word you heard once.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1821049 - 08/16/03 10:25 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

ah ok when you put it that way I understand it differently than what you had spoken of earlier..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepsychopsilocyber
[_381_] gnemo

Loc: glyphtown
    #1821555 - 08/17/03 01:40 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

Every night when you wake up it's like hatching out of your mini egg. Think of it like this for a second.. if your dmt levels are increased when you're sleeping than could that possibly mean you're in some sort of dmt holographic sleep universe? But then you wake up into a reality more real than the one you were just in, so you accept it as real. Ok so what if when you die you wake up into a world more real than life and realize that life is another sort of dmt holographic sleep universe, but the dreams last a lot longer.

I say holographic because a hologram is just like this world, everything is the same on a different scale. Like an atom is like a solar system, is likea galaxy is like a universe and so on. if you take a piece of a hologram it still caries the same picture.

That's awesome that someone posted the Salvador Dali, he had the exact idea of hatching out of the egg, world, whatever. you can almost see in the backround that he hatches into another earth that's probobly also soon to hatch. So the egg idea in some way or another must be thought up by many people who take advantage of psychedelics. I know I constantly thought about these things in detail when I did 7g+rue. I thought about what if once you finally reached enlightenment(if possible) and then all of a sudden you wake up, guess you could say it's like hatching. I'm gonna go get that poster it seems to be very thought provoking.

--------------------
Eco friendly extraction is the only way to go for Dmt, mescaline, and iboga

OfflineTheProphet
Strange alienposing as ahuman... seekinganswers

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Re: little egg BIG EGG [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #4806618 - 10/15/05 09:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

cool thread, hatching out of this "big egg" sucks... I wish I was back living in ignorance... kind off... ignorance is really bliss... in a way...

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
    #4806877 - 10/15/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think of it as hatching. I thinking of it as being a fucking loon. The loon feels so much pain, while all the children of the world stomp their feet and clap their hands. The loon is suffocating under the misery of unshed tears; the loon is a mess! The loon doesn't know how to express himself gracefully in the world; the loon is bottled up tight!

Buried deep beneath universals, layered upon massive layer, the loon frets over lack of light. He's forgotten who he is and how to get back, and each new thought is a spiraling vortex of contradiction and refutation. Refute, loon! Refute all that you've seen before yourself! Kaw! Kaw at the moon and repent!

Never in this lifetime or the next, loon.

Suicide is often an enticing thought.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology