Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
This Life...
    #1818077 - 08/15/03 09:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I was thinking tonight about the roles we play out as humans.. we all completely decide what is going on in our life, what we like, what we are trying for, what road we are on, etc. We completely make the person that we are.

A lot of people don't think about it, but every thought and thing we do adds to who we are. People usually don't think about themselves and what they are doing, so to speak, how what they are doing or thinking ends up making them who we are. I know that most of the time, I am not. I end up doing some things or thinking some thoughts that I don't necessarily like, that doing and thinking them ends up creating me..

I think it is a perspective we need to have, if we are trying to be who we truly want to be.. What we concern ourselves with ends up forming our experiences, our personalities, where we end up going...

I was watching The Lord of the Rings for the first time tonight (yeah, I know, but better late than never...) and thought a lot about the different characters, who they were, what thoughts and desires were running through their head, and where they ended up going... it ends up making me think of myself and who I am, what thoughts are running through my head, and where I will end up going... whether or not someone is there for everything you do, no matter if someone else doesn't hear your every thought, everything we do and every thought we have ends up showing up in some way in ourselves, who we are...

Me, I want to be the intelligent and funny guy who could always get involved in interesting conversations with everyone, who trys new things and has a kick ass band that writes good songs and puts on one hell of a show.. and for the most part, I am.. but what I am trying to get at is that I always want to have the positive side of me flowing within...

I'm also thinking... of becoming a sorcerer. hehe. It sounds funny, and I really can't describe it, but it is this really positive image for me that I wish to work towards, and I guess it is based on too many personal thoughts and desires to be able to explain to anyone and have them understand, but anyways, I sort of know who I really want to be, which is mostly who I am anyways, but a little buried under some unnecessary bullshit, and it is also where I want to be down the road...

Anyways, hopes this helps someone, I really don't know what I was working towards in this... oh well. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: This Life... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1818416 - 08/16/03 12:02 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

not to sound like a hippie,

but,

i love you man! :laugh:

rock on!!! 

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: This Life... [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1818469 - 08/16/03 12:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

what do you mean by saying you want to be a sorcerer? What is a sorcerer?

Anonymous

Re: This Life... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1818474 - 08/16/03 12:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I doubt he even knows what the fuck he's saying

Sounds to me like this quack just likes talking about himself

OfflineShadowsEnd
Give me 1 shroomrating plz!
Re: This Life... [Re: ]
    #1818496 - 08/16/03 12:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Man it seems like every fuckin movie you watch you confuse with reality. Like after you got done watching The Matrix.... Now LOTR. Get a grip man!

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: This Life... [Re: ShadowsEnd]
    #1819263 - 08/16/03 06:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I don't know what I'm saying... I just randomly type things that have no meaning to me and that I picked up from movies...

Fact of the matter is, right now, the only altered state of mind I can get right now are wine and good movies.. so, watching the movies makes me THINK; I end up thinking about a lot of things, mostly things PRESENTED by the movies I watch.. and The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings have a lot of message and meaning behind them.

It is funny how many movies are just movies, not to be confused with reality.. that is fine, if that is the way you want it to be. Myself, I think about the people that write these movies, the people who create real people by effectively creating their life, their every thought and action. The people that write those movies don't "make up" anything, they only watch what happens and writes it down... I identify with them totally, and it is actually a dream that will be pursued later on to write movie scripts. I have a vivid imagination, and I believe I have a good understanding of what one needs to do to do so.

I obviously don't watch these movies and go "Oh shit, this shit is real! I can do this shit! Watch me, momma!". It isn't about that at all. A lot of the ideas behind the Matrix I had already came to realize, and I can do a search of my threads to show you..... It is funny, in one of them, someone posted a link after what I said to a long text about the ideas about the Matrix.... seems I made them think about that writing, and that I should read it...

The sorcerer thing is more the idea behind what a sorcerer is.. someone interested in finding the finer energies behind reality, someone interested in the pursuit of learning things about the Universe that others don't even dream existed... and then being able to use all of that on their own Path. You can take that to mean whatever you want, but I believe I am confusing anything with reality here, I think ya'll are a little too blind to reality.

Quote:

I doubt he even knows what the fuck he's saying

Sounds to me like this quack just likes talking about himself

Hey man, you're funny. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you