Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Minecraft & Technic SSP
    #18177856 - 04/27/13 08:12 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

So I recently got into Minecraft, and while doing some reading online I stumbled across a wiki for TECHNIC.  It's a collection of mods that basically takes vanilla Minecraft and adds a shit ton of other ideas, including a full-fledged electrical system much more advanced than what has been done with Redstone.

But I'm having issues getting Technic installed correctly.  I'm assuming it requires 'modloader' to run, since most mods do.  I have to use Optifine just to play vanilla Minecraft, and I ran into some problems installing modloader after optifine.  Reversing the installation of those two mods worked.  But I'm at a loss at how to get Technic SSP running.

The website for the mod has a launcher available, but they've pulled the Single Player version from the list of loadable mods.  I've searched around and come across a .jar file of Technic that is supposed to be compatible with Minecraft 1.5.1, but I'm not sure what to do with it.  I had no luck with the Technic launcher at all, and adding it to the "mods" folder within %appdata%\.minecraft(\mods) crashed Minecraft at launch.  Does anyone have any experience with getting this mod to load?

And this thread can go beyond this one question.  I'm sure once I get Technic running I'll have lots of questions and things to say about it... from the wiki it looks massive. :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: Minecraft & Technic SSP [Re: Blend]
    #18179585 - 04/28/13 03:21 AM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Right, so I've figured out why I can't get this mod pack to install... The launcher is designed so that it verifies you have a paid minecraft account. And since I don't have 30 bucks to spare at the moment, the cracks aren't working with my version of minecraft, and I've found myself without much to do lately, I've decided to take on the task of systematically installing each and every mod contained within technic. This is already proving to be quite the headache, but through trial and error and constantly backing up my folder each time I get another mod installed in the right order, I am actually making progress. When I've completed the work I'm going to make a single archive that will extract within the root folder and upload it somewhere. It will work with any copy of minecraft 1.5.1. I'll update this thread when I've completed my mission, and from then on, if anyone wants a copy they'll need only send me a pm request. To be continued!

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

#18181279 - 04/28/13 03:16 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

It is known. :mypleasure:

53 mods are up and running and the build appears to be stable.  I spent an hour and a half real time (around five days game time) mining. I surfaced, built a quaint house out of marble and stone, and now I'm off in search of rubber trees to farm for insulated wire. Life is good.

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

#18192756 - 04/30/13 05:55 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, this is officially the most addictive game I've ever played. Here are some of the things the Technic modpack adds to vanilla Minecraft:

Industrial Craft is a huge mod. The new ores from IC 2 are copper, tin, and uranium. Bronze can also be smelted with tin and copper. Rubber trees are another addition, providing rubber, important for insulated cable. And cable is essential to power all the IC machines, from Macerators, which allow you to break any material down to its base component, to Terraformers, which will terraform an area depending on a blueprint you design. There are way too many machines to list here, but suffice it to say this one mod adds alot to the game on its own. It also brings an energy mechanic to the table and overhauls agriculture.

Buildcraft adds pipes, which can transport items, liquids, or energy, depending upon the materials you choose to build them from. This is useful for automating all sorts of things. For instance, you can have pipes running from a chest containing coal to the bottom of a furnace with a lever to switch on when you need to, then another pipe from another chest containing ores to be smelted to the top of the furnace, and a pipe going from the side of the furnace to another chest contesting your smelted ingots. This is a very basic automation. The possibilities are nearly infinite.

Mystcraft allows you to enter other dimensions via books you write by adding materials to. 

Equivalent Exchange is another huge mod that is based on alchemy. It adds so much to the game that I don't even know where to begin.

There are several other mods that I haven't yet had time to play with. If you haven't tried Technic/Tekkit yet, I do recommend it. This should keep me busy for a long time. At least until GTA V drops. :awesome:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals