Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
You Unlucky People
    #1816788 - 08/15/03 01:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

All right, this is a post of mine in Swami's recent "Definition of Theft" post..

Quote:

Me, I don't download songs and such and rationalize it as "everyone else is doing it", or "they expect it to happen", only "I want these songs, I can't afford all of these cds, and it is so easy and convient", and then not really think about it further... hehe

The artists that I actually care about, the really good music, I eventually go out and buy, or rather, like I did before I was eighteen, rip off BMG and CDHQ... changing one letter in both last and first names creates another possibility to get the first seven cds, free of charge...

Doesn't sound legal, does it? Nah.. but "eh...", I'm born an American, I don't have to think about that.. hehe.
Peace.

Well, I just found out that I DO have a LEGITAMITE excuse that I can justify downloading copyrighted music...  ready? Here it goes: IT'S LEGAL.

Perhaps not for some of you more unfortuantes, however, in the countries of Norway and The Netherlands, it is completely legal to dowaload copyrighted music, videos, etc.. I don't know why, the person who told me doesn't either, but yet it is completely legal.

I really don't like sharing my music, either, it takes away k/s of my songs downloading, and it really bothers me... well, I am bothered no more. It is only legal to DOWNLOAD and LISTEN (or VIEW) music and videos, however, it is NOT legal to SHARE them. So, I have my justifications now, bitches. hehe

Just passing along the news..... :grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: You Unlucky People [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1816968 - 08/15/03 02:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What is legal is not always right, what is right is not always legal. I do not rely on the legal definitions of things to evaluate whether or not my actions are right. For instance, if we look at asset forfeiture laws, clearly (morally) the actions involved in taking people's property make the actions under these laws theft, however legally these actions are not considered theft.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: You Unlucky People [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1817014 - 08/15/03 03:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Great! me too! :grin:

Can't wait till your album comes out, i'll love to listen to it from my computer!

But really music should be free.  I'd pay to go to a concert, but i haven't bought a cd in years.  I don't download music either, i usually just listen to radio, or play my own.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: You Unlucky People [Re: Autonomous]
    #1817209 - 08/15/03 04:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Autonomous said:
What is legal is not always right, what is right is not always legal. I do not rely on the legal definitions of things to evaluate whether or not my actions are right. For instance, if we look at asset forfeiture laws, clearly (morally) the actions involved in taking people's property make the actions under these laws theft, however legally these actions are not considered theft.

Of course not. That really wasn't what this was about, it was merely the fact that it is legal here that prompted me to post... I have done many things that are technically illegal, being legal or not does not concern me. Being legal doesn't make it right, and being illegal does not make it wrong.

Rather, this post was just about how I thought it was strange that it WAS legal here. Nothing more. Gotta go, though.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: