Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: i beleive... [Re: Swami]
    #1819396 - 08/16/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Swami..... he said "I BELIEVE.." is that not good enough?
Nope. Too many here talk about mankind's generalized faults as if they were not part of that. Take the full statement:

I belive we are intelligent animals who deny our begenings as primates because we still think the universe revolves around us.
I do not deny my animal heritage. Do you? What does this mean? Is this what the poster personally believes or is this what EVERYONE ELSE, but him believes? If we ALL believed it it would not need stating. It really says nothing. He is putting incorrect words/thoughts in my mouth and yours. Is that what you want?

Why are you taking what i stated as an opinion and making it as if i am preaching this. I said we deny our begening because THE MOJORITY of humanity believes they are too good to come from a primate. IM not indicating the generalization in this forum, for most of us are pretty intellectual. And i do realize i am part of the problem, matterfact i was a HUGE part of the problem in my adolecent years, but it is what i belive that is driving me to be a better person, doesent mean i am now the exact reflection of what this world should be, because franctly, youll get killed in my world for that. I never implied anything negative, Now in a CLEAR sentence, can you describe with fact and detail, beside the fact it might go against what YOU believe, what made my OPINION wrong?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: i beleive... [Re: Spokesman]
    #1819405 - 08/16/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

why worry about where we came from? How can we even have an opinion on where we came from? I don't understand this at all. We REALLY don't know. there isn't a man on this earth that can say 100% sure of what "is" But we really shouldn't even fret about our "heritage." Spookesman, when you say the majority of humanity believes they are too good to come from primates, I think that statement is exaggerated. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, because that wouldn't make sense either. while many of us might not agree we came from primates there are different reasons why we may not think so. Sure a lot of people think their too good to have that kind of heritage, but everyone is different and our opinions and perspectives are as well.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: i beleive... [Re: kaiowas]
    #1819456 - 08/16/03 10:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i know thats why i said majority, meaning a big chunk of the poulation, coulkd be anything from 60-90% who knows?, what we did agree on is that ALOT of people think this way, my point exactly....

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: i beleive... [Re: Spokesman]
    #1820936 - 08/16/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
... I said we deny our begening because THE MOJORITY of humanity believes they are too good to come from a primate.

Humans ARE primates. If you came from a human mother, that would mean you came from a primate.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: i beleive... [Re: Autonomous]
    #1820944 - 08/16/03 07:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i believe nothing matters.

i believe life is nothing but random memories in your head... your memory goes and then you're dead.

life is nothing :laugh: 

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: i beleive... [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1820956 - 08/16/03 07:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"To realize you are nothing - that is Wisdom. To realize that you are everything - That is love" - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

--------------------
I&I

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder