Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
why do minorities make less money than whites?
    #1813985 - 08/14/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

LDS tells me that there is no such thing as white privilege, that actually it is the minorities who are taking advantage of the good hardworking white people.

so, considering that whites, despite their collective disadvantage, still manage to make more money and have a severely disproportionate presence in our gov't.

my only conclusions can be
1. whites are the master race or
2. whites, and more specifically whites such as LDS, are racists.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: Malachi]
    #1814006 - 08/14/03 02:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Looking at your rating you hardly qualify to talk about others as racist... :nonono:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1814021 - 08/14/03 02:59 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Since I believe that race shouldn't be a consideration in anything, and you believe it should.... I don't think there's much doubt who the racist is.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1814072 - 08/14/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Since I believe that race shouldn't be a consideration in anything, and you believe it should.... I don't think there's much doubt who the racist is.

by "shouldn't be a consideration", you mean that there ought to be equal terms of competition, right? so since minorities are losing, despite their "cheating" (in the hillybillies eyes), they must just be worse at competing, don't you think? there's no getting out of this, answer the question -- or forever realize that hillbillies can't think.

and to Azmodeus -- my rating really should not matter, irrelevant grounds and all. but really, I'd way rather be unpopular on an internet message board than be popular.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1814078 - 08/14/03 03:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Is hillbilly the racist term you use to describe whites?

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1814086 - 08/14/03 03:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no, hillbilly is the term to use to describe hillbillies (like LDS).

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1814102 - 08/14/03 03:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

by "shouldn't be a consideration", you mean that there ought to be equal terms of competition, right?

What is it about race shouldn't be a consideration that you're not smart enough to grasp?

Quote:

so since minorities are losing

They aren't. Losers are losing, no matter what their race.

Quote:

they must just be worse at competing, don't you think?

No, I don't think they are worse at competing. For any race... the smart ones get ahead, the stupid ones don't and tend to lean towards racism as a means to get ahead when they don't deserve it. Which explains you, you racist prick.

Quote:

I'd way rather be unpopular on an internet message board than be popular. 

Lucky for you, that's how it worked out.

:kiss:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1814117 - 08/14/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

And by 'smart' he means those willing to do whatever it takes to get to the top, no matter the cost, waste, or unscropulous actions they must do to get there.

That is not success.....it is greed, and it is destroying us. But that is how some people judge thier success and self worth. Pity such people, for they will always be pursuing something they cannot have.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

#1814735 - 08/14/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

fuck off.

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1814744 - 08/14/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Malachi said:
fuck off.

The brilliance of your rebuttal astounds me.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1814795 - 08/14/03 06:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

to answer your question:

whites generally have access to better education and thus have a greater presence in high-paying professional jobs than blacks do.

the solution you say: force companies to hire blacks.

typical shortsighted liberal thinking.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1814970 - 08/14/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Many members of monorities suffer from racism. Thing is, most of the racism they suffer from is from them being prejudiced against themselved for their race.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: ]
    #1814990 - 08/14/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mushmaster said:
to answer your question:

whites generally have access to better education and thus have a greater presence in high-paying professional jobs than blacks do.

the solution you say: force companies to hire blacks.

typical shortsighted liberal thinking.

I agree that the problem is not so much the businesses, but rather education. We need to provide better educational opportunities for the lower classes, and no, I'm not talking about affirmative action in colleges. I'm talking about improving the conditions in inner-city schools.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1815037 - 08/14/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My girlfriend is very pro-affirmative action, and we've had a lot of debate on this subject (since I'm neutral, I play devil's advocate against AA with her). She agrees that the root cause of the problem is that so many minorities are educated in the worst schools in the country. If that problem can be corrected, then things may get better. If that isn't corrected (and it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon), then she feels other steps are necessary to make up for the poor education, such as AA.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1815072 - 08/14/03 08:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The problem with AA is that it doesn't really get anyone out of poverty. It just takes the minorities who already have a good education to gain a slight edge against whites, when even without it, they wouldn't have it that bad. AA doesn't do shit for people brought up in lower-income families.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1815114 - 08/14/03 08:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Agreed.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1815225 - 08/14/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

the best education in the world won't help people who don't want to learn. lifestyles need to change to accomodate ANY sort of change..

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: why do minorities make less money than whites? [Re: ]
    #1815260 - 08/14/03 09:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
the best education in the world won't help people who don't want to learn. lifestyles need to change to accomodate ANY sort of change..

I agree with the first part, but could you expound on the second part a little?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1815304 - 08/14/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well if youre going to consider race at all ( stastically, even though i hate statistics.. a double edged blade.. ), then minorities make the least money on average- as was pointed out in the beginning of this thread. I'm going to assume that having less money is *somehow* related to not having as good an education as opposed to having lots of money.

Generally, poor people live on a basis of raising money to not starve.. and a quick look at most of the youth in such places reveals emphasis on helping their parents or just chilling- doing basic kid things.. I don't think that any kids really *want* to learn ( a fundamental flaw in the American *public* school system, IMO.. ill explain that later if you want ).

Hrm. IMO education is sufficiently good right now to have an educated populous- libraries and such provide lots of education resources. Right now those things are being overlooked for some reason or other- a system is in place and it's not working. Alas, I am very sleepy right now and delerious from my stench ( i MUST take a shower soon.. right after this post in fact ).

It has been my experience that the lower class has more potential to ACTUALLY learn things because it is more inclined towards using free things as opposed to the upper class hiring babysitting tutors to show kids how to bypass having to know anything..

just to mix up this post some more,
stupidity is everywhere in HUGE amounts. potential to alleviate it is different- that is all I can see- difference. ( it's alleviated by free thought and action that breaks from tradition in at least some way.. but sometimes the effort is crushed. now im getting spiritual and very ranty. )

good night

Jump to top Pages: 1