Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMrMike
Story Teller of Lies
Male
Loc: AZ
My friend wants to trip
    #1814639 - 08/14/03 08:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It will be his first time. He is really interested in it but I don't want him to have a bad/non enjoyable trip.

I have had a lot of experience with acid and shrooms and I know what I like. So I was thinking of a familiar place like my house with some movies in one room, music in another room and video games in the living room.

I know I would enjoy this but is there anything that you guys could recommend as far as helping with a good/enjoyable first trip. I have read many trip reports(good and bad) so I know to keep the mood good and positive.

So any input would be appriciated. I really want him to enjoy it so we could continue to shroom together!

--------------------
To say 'I say what I mean' does not mean the same thing as 'I mean what I say'.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: My friend wants to trip [Re: MrMike]
    #1814791 - 08/14/03 08:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I really wouldnt keep him inside, i know many people who would find this very undesireable...and being trapped inside for my first trip, led to a bad trip (although i did see my face fall off first...). Keep options open, but i would plan a walk either around sunset or sun up...and maybe have some fun things to surprise him with, glow sticks in your pocket that you can bust out when he's peaking...or stuff like that.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleMrMike
Story Teller of Lies
Male
Loc: AZ
Re: My friend wants to trip [Re: PDU]
    #1814917 - 08/14/03 09:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A walk would be nice. And of course! Glow sticks! Forgot all about those! Thanks

--------------------
To say 'I say what I mean' does not mean the same thing as 'I mean what I say'.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1815281 - 08/14/03 11:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

let him bring his own CDs, and make sure he goes to the restroom if he gets "squirmey."

If he asks you if something is "normal" to experience on shrooms, like "dude is it normal for my hair to turn red and my left-big toe to expand into a basketball and start quivering?" tell him something like "yeah man; trippy huh?"

From my experience, the more I ACT like we're both having a great time with a newbie, the more they seem to enjoy the overall trip simply due to recieving a constant stream of good vibes.... you can make or break his trip just by the vibe.. if you get nervous, so can he.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (08/14/03 11:24 PM)

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: My friend wants to trip [Re: PDU]
    #1815403 - 08/15/03 12:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

wow... if my best friend busted out glow sticks while we were peaking as a surprise, it'd be pure euphoria  :grin:  Great idea, i think i'm gonna do that. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1815557 - 08/15/03 01:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Try a very small dose first time. 1-2 grams tops.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: My friend wants to trip [Re: Xlea321]
    #1816059 - 08/15/03 05:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The whole stayin' indoors issue, a sticky wicket and no mistake.
Years ago in Belfast a crowd of us wanted to trip on 'shrooms that i'd collected. About 500 Liberty Caps from the Cave-Hill, best damn 'shroom pickin' hill i know!
Anyway theres me, my woman of the time and her 6 house mates, all birds.
And this one prize Twat who i'd only just met. Not really an enjoyable person, a bit to full of himself for all the greasy hair of him, you know?
So i bolis the 'shrooms in a big pot and made some tea, enough for two cups each if it was needed.
The problems started straight away when this Clampet locks the front door and hides the key, "so noone freaks and runs outside, man", idiot.
I asked him again and again for the key and he refused sayin' it was safer this way as it was the girls first time. What ballix.
Anyway i'll cut this short as this has the potential for a ramble.
We tripped, two of the girls freaked, one 'cause she spilt some water, the other 'cause she shouted at the girl for spillin' the water.
By mid trip we pretty much all wanted to go round to the Botanical Gardens and sit under the trees and what not. Could we get out? No! 'Cause the fcukin' doors locked! And this long streak of piss is layed in the corner gibberin' to himsel' and cant get it together to tell us where he's hidden the key. Greedy guy took three four cups of glup against my better judgement.
Hours of fruitless searchin' later we finaly got out when he sobered up enough to want to go home himsel'.
I'll say he didnt enjoy himsel' that much, especially as we were sittin' flickin' bits of paper at him for most of the time in was phycedlicaly indisposed.
Sorry for highjackin' your thread, mate.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

Mine too! [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #1816253 - 08/15/03 09:14 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, great thread, I was just about to start the same thing.

My good buddy D also wants to try out the shrooms for the first time. He's rather experienced with marijuana and that is all. I am quite experienced with shrooms, so I think I am capable of showing him a good time.

I had him read "The Psychedelic Experience FAQ" and he found it interesting - any of my trip-tales make him laugh with excitement.

The setting will be my other friend's house, with obvious capabilities of walking around outside (my favourite activity). I am also considering renting "The Animatrix" and possibly setting up a PS2 in one of the rooms.

I'd like to start, I think, around 5-6pm - catch the sunset, walk around, movie, smoke some bowls, etc. etc.

The only thing I'm sketchy on is HIS dose. I know I'm going to do 3-4g dried, but I'm not sure what to give him. I don't want to give him 1g, that's a bust and a waste. I'd like him to really experience it, I'm quite sure he'll be able to handle it. Should I give him 2.5? 3.5?

Any advice on dosage is appreciated, thanks guys.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1816824 - 08/15/03 02:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Mushroom Info> Experiencing Mushroom section> Physical effects of mushrooms.

I Recommend it to every Newbie. Helps alleviate some of the tension or worry associated with those new to the psychedelic experience.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineinsanelane
When I touch mypeepee it getsbig
Re: My friend wants to trip [Re: soochi]
    #1819706 - 08/16/03 02:13 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

give him 2.5. I had 2 for my first trip. I have had 1 gram once, and in my opinion, anything less than 2 is a waste. You want to have a decent first experience.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports