Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinerobbinbanks
Not a Stranger
Male

Loc: Great Plains
Re: UK container sizes [Re: Violet]
    #19460966 - 01/23/14 04:39 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

anne or violet,
i was thinking about growing pan cyans in the future. I was looking at waylits tek and i was wondering if bottom watering would work the same way it does with cubes? Does bottom watering increase FAE? I ask because i dont want fae poblems if i grow pan cyans. So, to bottom water pan cyans or to not? is my main question. :crazy2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkychyld
Other Dimension Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: Violet]
    #19897669 - 04/25/14 10:08 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hello all,
This is my first post on the forum and I realize this thread hasn't been active for a couple of months so if posting here is something I shouldn't do I apologize.

I've been a lurker/student here for half a year or more and have only done a dozen grows or so. Starting with PF cakes then doing some trays and a single monotub grow.  I've been using PF cakes as spawn for the trays and monotub grow as I haven't had a PC until recently and after reading many other teks involving the use of other seed types I decided to try your method Violet because I, as you put it, easily saw the truth of it's more efficient and cheaper aspects. You presented it better than I think I've seen any other tek.

So after buying a PC I gave it a try and I must say that it's worked amazingly well.  The speed of the entire grow is shocking to me after the usual wait for PF cakes to produce... taking half the time, if not less.  First harvest took 22 days!!  It blew me away, esp. since I'm still using MS.

Thank you so much for adding this tek, I don't see the need for me to use any other in the future.

Invisiblelessismore
Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: Skychyld]
    #19897730 - 04/25/14 10:22 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

pics?

I can attest to the points of the tek:
very important you get hard boiling water on the seed and stir well - mine didn't get hot enough water so the attempt failed on all jars

got some new seed to test with, out of plastic jars unfortunately - they are not as cheap as I wanted them to be anymore
and other jars seem not really optimal for this - the pfjars already got holes in them so can't be used

currently I like trays: crumbled pftek cakes,coir,verm,coffee,organic fertilzier,squeezed to field capacity,pasteurized in a bucket with lid, colonize in 10 days always, and if one fails, no big deal - but this tek looks more promising. With trays a little goes a long way still though.

Edited by lessismore (04/25/14 10:27 AM)

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: lessismore]
    #19897945 - 04/25/14 11:13 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

how are you out of plastic containers?  use the ones you already have

OfflineSkychyld
Other Dimension Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: lessismore] * 1
    #19901744 - 04/26/14 02:45 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Here are several pics of the first container to fruit.

So far it has yielded 68 grams, but there are 12 more that will mature later today.  The total should be a bit (or maybe more than a bit) more than 100 grams.  That's from 700ml's of seed... awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

Edited by Skychyld (04/26/14 02:46 AM)

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #19901751 - 04/26/14 02:50 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

:fuckinawesome:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineOptic_Weirdo
Male

Re: Grass Seed & Plastic, Myco Match from Heaven. How I grow mushi & the million reasons why. +Potency [Re: cronicr]
    #19905266 - 04/26/14 11:20 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I put this in your other recent thread but realized you had a more recent one.
I love reading your posts, seeing your grows and reading your help to the other growers. Keep up the good work Violet!
From a fan.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Grass Seed & Plastic, Myco Match from Heaven. How I grow mushi & the million reasons why. +Potency [Re: Optic_Weirdo]
    #20046698 - 05/27/14 12:13 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

first time not using a casing and using a nylon scrubbie on the bottom
from multispore

Edited by thelanzii (05/27/14 12:49 PM)

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Grass Seed & Plastic, Myco Match from Heaven. How I grow mushi & the million reasons why. +Potency [Re: thelanzii]
    #20046718 - 05/27/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

:villagepeople:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinehaniblecter
Enthusiastic Cuttlefish
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Mitten
    #20046902 - 05/27/14 01:00 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Skychyld said:
Here are several pics of the first container to fruit.

So far it has yielded 68 grams, but there are 12 more that will mature later today.  The total should be a bit (or maybe more than a bit) more than 100 grams.  That's from 700ml's of seed... awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Peace

Looks like you used the soil casing and it didn't colonized the casing before fruiting, this correct?

--------------------
Been out of the game for five years! 2021 going to see me reconquer the Mush!

UPDATE: Conquered. MS syringe with my own prints. Jar ccontams only 10-20%. grown over 2 lbs

Offlinehaniblecter
Enthusiastic Cuttlefish
Male User Gallery

Re: UK container sizes [Re: kerberus]
    #20046956 - 05/27/14 01:12 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kerberus said:
Quote:

Violet said:
May not be entirely as effective per sub but will be effective per container run.

Is there formula/ratio i should be aiming for with the sub/container. i.e. diameter (surface area) to depth, amount of substrate. The reason i am asking is that I know from reading here that the PF tek does not work as well with the larger jars. So i am wondering if there is an ideal density/size for colonization in containers for this tek?

I have tried to find the dimensions of the containers you have mentioned in your tek but all i seem to find is package dimensions! Could you let me know your container size please?

Thank you for for your help, i am going to be deciding on container size with the provided info so i can get them ordered in the next couple of days.:thumbup:

4inch diameter on the bottom, 3inch from bottom to top of lid drops about 1/4 of an inch from the top of the lid to the center of the lid.

--------------------

UPDATE: Conquered. MS syringe with my own prints. Jar ccontams only 10-20%. grown over 2 lbs

Offlinehaniblecter
Enthusiastic Cuttlefish
Male User Gallery

Re: UK container sizes [Re: haniblecter]
    #20047184 - 05/27/14 02:26 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Can someone link me the photos with the info on using 2 liter bottles as a mini fruiting chamber?  I'm curious about whether that's preferential to a traditional monotub or sgfc.

--------------------

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: UK container sizes [Re: haniblecter]
    #20060747 - 05/30/14 11:45 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by thelanzii (08/25/14 07:36 PM)

Offlinemezzy jeb
Skywalker
 User Gallery
Re: UK container sizes [Re: thelanzii]
    #20062742 - 05/30/14 09:25 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Violet,

very cool information all around. A BIG thank you for writing it all up and sharing your knowledge.

The OP is about a year old - in that revolution around the sun it seems that this TEK hasn't quite changed history up to it's full potential.

What I mean is... if what you say about increased yields is true, this TEK is truly revolutionary.

...and yet none of the trusted cultivators on this site have switched over to your method of doing things. They go on in their same old way which has been providing them consistent wonderful fruits for years.

Now obviously the fact that the TCs and bigwigs aren't all using this method doesn't mean anything - maybe they've just never tried it. The way you talk about cultivation is very inspiring, and maybe your posts will seriously change cultivation forever, just like RR did 4 years ago growing on coir. He claims he was flamed for a year before other people tried it and now coir is a staple for mush cultivation. So maybe your time has yet to come.

Started reading thru the thread but 42 pages is A LOT.

Just wondering if you have any links to other journals or threads that use and log your grow method with success. Obviously your own success means a lot to you but it would nice to see your methods working better than conventional methods for other people as well.

I'm a little too new to mycology to try it myself just yet - though I may soon. When I read your OPs your method really did seem revolutionary, so maybe I'm just disappointed to find that you wrote it a year ago and yet when newbs look up how to cultivate, they are only getting info about conventional methods and bulk substrates.
One conclusion to draw from this is that your methods aren't better than conventional methods and therefore not worth a change in old patterns.
But your logic is solid throughout and you have your own experience to draw on. So I believe in you and your methods, I really do.
Just would love to see grow logs using your methods with success.

Or given enough time I may do it myself and be a pioneer of your method, LOL.

Once again, many thanks for this writeup. This level of thought is what mycology needs.

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: mezzy jeb]
    #20065835 - 05/31/14 05:12 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Many people have tried it, and although many of them enjoy it, many also do not.  That's their gig.
I've done all the growing methods known and this one was simply my favorite by a LONG shot. I got better production than many others report, too, which I feel is because I stuck with the technique to learn it like most others learned their various techniques, and I use a culturing method based on the same. (Said culturing method is, I believe, my true and biggest contribution here. More people should check that out!)

My favorite aspects of the method are the single material, single containment, and single growth stage.  My experience has also been that this method gives me higher potency headroom. Since pretty much any technique can produce far more than what people need, I'd much rather have the stronger material, even if less were to come of it.  But after adjusting my perspectives and works to this technique, I spend far less time and money growing and get results far greater by proportion, and it's a cinch to scale however.

I love using a single kind of container for gene selections, dishes, tests, printing, expanding, the grow itself, watering, storage, and countless non-myco uses.  Not to mention a myriad of other advantages in general that I have come to appreciate.

Much of the reason it hasn't spread is flak drawn to it, and a few out-spoken people minimizing (or lying) about it (even down-playing some of their own beautiful successes, a few of which exceed my own).  A lot of that is due to personal vendettas (mostly not even towards me) and misunderstandings/misperceptions... some of them willful.
Frankly I don't care.  I stated my motives from the beginning and I have been true to them.  I just don't have further time or energy I intend to dedicate to the forums.

A year later (as you noted) I still stand by everything I said.  (Except where approach or detail may have fine-tuned over time.)
Maybe the seed will grow, and maybe not.  I am "unattached to expectation": a nice Buddhist way of saying that I don't care, as I have cultivated my own fruit already — multiple-layer pun intended!

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

Edited by Violet (05/31/14 05:49 PM)

Offlinemezzy jeb
Skywalker
 User Gallery
Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: Violet]
    #20065905 - 05/31/14 05:36 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the quick response Violet.

So.. your "approach or detail may have fine-tuned over time"
is this documented in this thread?

I've read thru your TEK carefully several times but not browsed this whole thread.

Obviously even before the revisions the TEK was working very well for you. I may very well try your method in the near future.
If I feel anything worthwhile comes from my grow (I'm still newbish so I don't expect 100% success with anything) I'll document it and share my own thoughts on it.

Obviously I have no personal vendetta against you, I keep facts as straight as possible, and all of these materials are easily available to me. Cheers

InvisibleViolet
 User Gallery

Re: "A" Tek •Seed & Plastic• Myco Match from Heaven [Re: mezzy jeb]
    #20065974 - 05/31/14 06:02 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Some I may have updated, some not, and even the ones I may have updated may not have been adjusted in every single post where they may appear.

A couple examples pulled off the back of my brain...:
~ I no longer introduce the cased containers to air until the casing layer is almost or totally colonized.  This has reduced my side-pinning drastically, especially when using the lightning-fast cultures my culture selection method has produced.
~ I now consider using a casing layer (particularly my casing tek) a necessary part of this grow.  I've posted about my casing revelations somewhere around here...  Pinning results (speed, location, number and thus typically yield) have been much preferable with casing layers. 
~ Grass seed gives me the highest yield per substrate dry weight. Brown rice gives the greatest yield per container.  I greatly prefer grass seed for expansion but brown rice for growing.  Grass seed does better if not casing (practically requires growing invitro - which I do wonderfully with quart containers) whereas rice not only requires casing more but makes the best use of the casing.
~ When bottom-watering, although you can do it simply by putting water when there isn't any, people with a little experience benefit from this approach I learned:  Supply water after harvesting a flush. In a day or so, if it's drawn up all the water, add more.  At whatever point after rehydrating that there is standing water in the containers, it may help to remove that water until the cake has pinned.  Continue adding water again once the pins are picking up speed growing, as that means they're drawing water out of the cake.
More simply:  Water after flush, remove excess water after rehydrating, keep the water coming when fruits are growing.

Uhh, there are some more I'm sure but I'll leave that be for now.  Maybe I'll remember some more later, but they're all somewhere around here, usually easy to find.

--------------------
Intentionally or not, here in mushcult we are purveyors of love culture and enlightenment movement. Let's try to act like it!

PODS TEK - Growing Invitro with BRF/verm or Grass Seed containers
The simplest, quickest, safest tek!  For beginners, culturers, lazy people, stealth lovers, contam haters, and alternative seekers!
Violet's Teks and Posts

OfflineSkychyld
Other Dimension Traveler
 User Gallery

Re: [Re: haniblecter]
    #20072350 - 06/02/14 05:25 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,
Yeah I didn't patch the peat I used as a casing.  I'm still working on getting even pinsets.  So obviously now that I've used a slight variation of this Tek I need to fine-tune it. 

I switched to using containers that contain roughly 1k ml's of material (The contents of 3, one pint jars with about 300 ml's grass seed per jar, and about 100ml's of peat casing) The yield on them so far has been right around 300 grams (fresh) for the first flush with about 100 grams less per flush after that.  Although the individual fruits are larger.

I agree with Violet that the best thing about this Tek is it's ease and the fact that it uses less steps and fewer variables. 

I do understand (and want other people to understand) that I'm not using her Tek "to the letter" and once I get a flow hood, instead of just a SAB, I can get into isolation which will lead to better results.  My results so far though have been awesome.  I'm sold,    :thumbup:  :smile:

Peace

note: I would like to add that, as I wrote in my first post, I've only been growing for (now) 7 months.  I'm a beginner and although Violet presented a lot of information in this Tek it was easy (for me) to understand it and I wish I had started with this Tek and not with rice cakes.  Also, I added some pics of the results from a recent Penis Envy grow I did using Violet's preparation Tek, using only RGS cased w/peat. It was only 300ml's of RGS. The results blew me away. I sure never got results like I did trying to grow PE's on BRF cakes.  The pics are in my gallery.

Edited by Skychyld (06/09/14 05:18 AM)

OfflineQuantumNexus
Stranger
Re: [Re: Skychyld]
    #20212600 - 07/01/14 08:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Violet, do you have any estimate as to how long it would take (in terms of weeks) from inoculating the initial agar with MS and selecting an ideal culture from a grain petri to harvesting the last flushes of the jars (including consolidation time and time for the casing to colonize)? I know there are countless variables, but do you have a rough estimate?

Thank you so much for all of your contributions to the Shroomery! It is only by putting the status quo to question that real progress can be made.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: [Re: QuantumNexus]
    #20212982 - 07/01/14 09:55 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

QuantumNexus said:
Violet, do you have any estimate as to how long it would take (in terms of weeks) from inoculating the initial agar with MS and selecting an ideal culture from a grain petri to harvesting the last flushes of the jars (including consolidation time and time for the casing to colonize)? I know there are countless variables, but do you have a rough estimate?

Thank you so much for all of your contributions to the Shroomery! It is only by putting the status quo to question that real progress can be made.

it is in the original post

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom