Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinelolwut
bad motherfucker

Loc: back in black
Re: If we are all god, why does it matter? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #18147475 - 04/21/13 11:25 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

:satansmoking:

--------------------
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth, and taste...

:haha:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblehTx
(:
Male User Gallery

Loc: Space-time
Re: If we are all god, why does it matter? [Re: kennedy]
    #18147557 - 04/21/13 11:57 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kennedy said:
I am trying to figure out exactly what some of you mean when you make the claim that  “we are all god,” or “we are all one,” and then understand why it would matter if it happened to be true. 
Usually, I take this statement to mean that all living things are interconnected by essence; that there is some eternal metaphysical source that manifests itself in different temporary physical life forms.
Otherwise, I always hear people say that the ego, or self, is a kind of filtered down consciousness which stems from some kind of timeless, omniscient perspective.

If this is correct, I still don’t see how it is supposed to matter to me.  We experience life on a daily basis as distinct individuals.  As far as I can tell, the manifestations of the eternal essence of life (or whatever you want to call that) always take spatiotemporal form.  We are trapped in subjectivity. The eternal is always beyond, or behind the veil, because we cannot live as the god, or through the collective mind, or whatever.  The only access we have to the greater whole is through ego dissolving meditative or drug induced experiences, but those are very fleeting (and those experiences still seem to be dependent upon one’s mind and body) To be, is to be an individual.

Am I missing something?

I could say a lot more, but that is the biggest issue I have with that claim.
What impact has this belief had on your life?

I remember reading about it, never giving the quote much thought...just some hippy bullshit. Than I took quite a lot of acid (first time, probably like 6-7 hits of some liquid fluff) and I literally saw, in a trance state, that we are one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.
I saw the one split into two split into infinity..I can't even explain really what was going on visually, I just knew what I was seeing..  and experienced it like this after I came down from the trance state for awhile too. It was not "happy" or "blissful" as people make it to be. It was mind-blowing and somewhat terrifying. It was the first time I had come into contact with what could be called "God" or a "Collective Consciousness", I didn't know what to do or how to react except with questions, never before had my reality been so altered. I mean all of reality. Not just lights and colors..I was interpreting everything with meaning...to leave it meaningless would have been a lot more enjoyable..but the synchronicity..was just too much.

The feeling and sensation of this never left me completely.

Now I try to view it in more philosophical terms... that there is a common "I" in each of us, this "I" attaches itself to your environment and other "I"s and gets a sense of uniqueness, that it takes from the uniqueness of everything else that has ever been around it, thus creating an entirely new uniqueness that is both original yet commonly recognized across cultures because of its roots.

--------------------
zen by age ten times six hundred lifetimes
Light up the darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order