Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFranquixote
knight-errant
Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification * 1
    #18125130 - 04/17/13 05:05 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Hi- I wanted to contribute something before asking any questions so attached are scans of some terminology keys. These terms are important in describing mushrooms and can greatly aid in a positive identification. I have been into mycology for some years and even with good pics it really helps to know some of these other characteristics. For id'ing from a field guide they are almost a must!
I am contacting the author to make sure that it's OK but they were/are freely distributed at a lot of state mycology groups.

I have a larger file size and tried to UL it yesterday, don't know what happened... tried to attach it again today.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFranquixote
knight-errant
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Franquixote]
    #18125144 - 04/17/13 05:08 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

and the terms:

OfflineUser_7
Cyanoaeruginosa caerulazurescens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Secret Island Location Flag
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Franquixote]
    #18125155 - 04/17/13 05:11 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

That's a pretty good reference sheet, thanks.

Offlinesuchen
Once and Future Noob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shangri-la
Trusted Identifier
    #18125668 - 04/17/13 06:47 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

This is fantastic! I'ma save it and probably print it out and slap it up above my computer :thumbup:

--------------------
Rod Tulloss said:

The bulb is the bulb.

The volva is the volva.

They have a very long term realtionship, but they’re “just friends.”

Offlinemycot
Crazy as fuck
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: suchen]
    #18127879 - 04/18/13 03:09 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Really excellent and compact.
My only bitch is that they did not have striated stems as a pic.
Top marks and welcome to the shroomery. :thumbup:

Edited by mycot (04/18/13 03:17 AM)

Offlineobi
Du Bois
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europa
    #18127890 - 04/18/13 03:20 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Would make a cool poster.

Have 5 :mushroom2:

--------------------
To live is to fly

Offlinemycot
Crazy as fuck
 User Gallery

#18127947 - 04/18/13 03:59 AM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Franquixote said:
I have a larger file size and tried to UL it yesterday, don't know what happened... tried to attach it again today.

Yeah, do upload the larger file size.
Just in case someone wants to make a billboard.  :woah:

Offlinemycot
Crazy as fuck
 User Gallery

Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: mycot]
    #18262235 - 05/14/13 04:28 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Got a line of billboards all the way across the country waitin for somethin cool to go on em.  :shrug:

Edited by mycot (05/14/13 04:30 AM)

OfflineUser_7
Cyanoaeruginosa caerulazurescens
Male User Gallery

Loc: Secret Island Location Flag
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: mycot]
    #18262399 - 05/14/13 05:53 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Franquixote said:

Put it in a Zip file and then you can attach it :thumbup:

InvisibleCryptoporus
Stranger
Loc: PNW
    #23077728 - 04/03/16 01:24 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

This is copyrighted material. The key is by Kit Scates. She died yrs ago but willed the copyrighted material to the Pacific Northwest Key Council. Mushroom societies must pay for copies of this key. All copies of this key have the copyright notice on them. They do not allow widespread copying of this material.

Edited by Cryptoporus (04/03/16 01:31 AM)

InvisibleCryptoporus
Stranger
Loc: PNW
    #23077740 - 04/03/16 01:30 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

This is the back page of the copyrighted material.This copyright is owned by the Pacific Northwest Key Council. You do not have the right to publish this. This key was designed by Kit Scates..who has since passed away..but the copyright is very much valid. The original poster does not own the rights to this and had no right to post it.

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Cryptoporus]
    #23078025 - 04/03/16 06:23 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Cryptoporus,

Just to be clear I post on this site and am happily a Trusted Identifier but I don't otherwise represent the site at all.

Copyright aside, if those pages are from a saleable product then it should be advertised in this thread, certainly credited.

But I want to know, is there someone in particular who can be contacted to give or refuse permission? And are you representing the copyright holder? Because there isn't any ill-intent from the OP who states that these seem to be freely distributed, but you obviously have a legitimate concern, and the copyright holder is entitled to protect the work. We like learning even more than we like copyright, it is true, but that doesn't give us the right. So it would be nice just to deal with that and everyone have no bad feeling. Do you know who one would speak to?

J de V

--------------------

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Cryptoporus]
    #23078067 - 04/03/16 06:56 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Cryptoporus said:
The original poster does not own the rights to this and had no right to post it.

Seems like the OP hasn't been active for a couple of years. You should perhaps PM a mod or site admin to remove the content.

--------------------

OfflineJoie
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Anglerfish]
    #23078153 - 04/03/16 07:34 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Anglerfish said:
Quote:

Cryptoporus said:
The original poster does not own the rights to this and had no right to post it.

Seems like the OP hasn't been active for a couple of years. You should perhaps PM a mod or site admin to remove the content.

I missed that! :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #23078170 - 04/03/16 07:38 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Cryptoporus said:
This is copyrighted material. The key is by Kit Scates. She died yrs ago but willed the copyrighted material to the Pacific Northwest Key Council. Mushroom societies must pay for copies of this key. All copies of this key have the copyright notice on them. They do not allow widespread copying of this material.

Quote:

Cryptoporus said:
This is the back page of the copyrighted material.This copyright is owned by the Pacific Northwest Key Council. You do not have the right to publish this. This key was designed by Kit Scates..who has since passed away..but the copyright is very much valid. The original poster does not own the rights to this and had no right to post it.

Go away, no one cares. All mycological information should be posted and shared for free as in freedom.

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Anglerfish]
    #23078176 - 04/03/16 07:40 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Anglerfish said:
Quote:

Cryptoporus said:

Please don't, that would be exceedingly lame.

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Byrain]
    #23078340 - 04/03/16 08:47 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
All mycological information should be posted and shared for free as in freedom.

I absolutely agree.

Quote:

Byrain said:
Quote:

Anglerfish said:
Quote:

Cryptoporus said:

Please don't, that would be exceedingly lame.

I agree upon this too, yet it is to them (admins/mods) that such complaints should be given, whatever
their course of action would be. I know there have been facsimiles of copyrighted publications posted earlier, however
not without some ambiguity as to the formality of sharing vs. copyright issues. But I think this is the first
time I remember seeing anyone making actual complaints about such things.

--------------------

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #23078406 - 04/03/16 09:10 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

That is because most scientists realize and understand that information should be free while this guy registered solely to be an asshole.

Shroomery will probably remove content if facing actual legal issues, however there is no good reason to raise a stink about it especially in a nearly 3 years old thread for something that has already been widely distributed and where the op claims to have at least intended to contact the author.

"I am contacting the author to make sure that it's OK but they were/are freely distributed at a lot of state mycology groups."

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Easy Guide to Mushroom Descriptions, Terms, and Identification [Re: Byrain]
    #23078429 - 04/03/16 09:21 AM (8 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
if facing actual legal issues

Of course, that would only happen if there were any proof of substantial monetary loss - and would not be
conveyed by an anonymous user in a long dead forum thread.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract