Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
No real REAL friends..
    #1812742 - 08/14/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hi..

I don't think i have any REAL friends.. My view on a real friend:

- Comes over without having to contact him first.
- Just calls suddenly, with something to talk about.
- I really interested in you, and want/likes to be around you and make jokes. And talk about sad things too..

I have one friend, be we rarely have contact now a days.. He used to work where i still work now.. But moved to a differend job. He's also a D.J. and lives with his girlfriend.. So much room for contact there is not.

Most people i talk to here don't do any of the above things..

I feel so lonely...  :frown: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescreaminsemen
enthusiast

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: Fliquid]
    #1812813 - 08/14/03 08:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man, anytime you wanna shoot the bull, give me a yank.

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

#1812828 - 08/14/03 08:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i will be your friend

Anonymous #1

#1812844 - 08/14/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

get out and meet some people, man.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: ]
    #1812937 - 08/14/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I can't handle direct contact that well.. I'm generally a shy person.. (At least so it seems to outsiders.. If you get to really know me, i'm extremely funny and very smart..) I just keep a distance untill i'm sure of what kinds of apples are in the basket..

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #1812945 - 08/14/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What do you like?
Any special hobbies? How old are you?

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1812966 - 08/14/03 09:34 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

its better than having too many friends that constantly phone/harrass you when all you wanna do is go home and smoke...
Then they think you're an evil bastard when you turn your phone off and ignore em

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1812972 - 08/14/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I guess it depends on what your friends are like..
I don't want those kinds of friends btw..

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #1813074 - 08/14/03 10:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Real happiness lies within yourself. You can't rely on other people to make you happy. Trust me, I know this. I have had my share of friends... at certain points having a lot (which is not fun at all, its more of a hassle because they want more than you can give) to having few. I have only a few close friends now, but it's better that way. If they go away or something for a few days it's nice to have them come back and chill over a few beers.

You can't have much privacy if you have a shitload of friends. It's like being a dealer. They'll never leave you alone when you want to be. Having one or two close buddies that know when you need your space is awesome, and vice versa.

Give your DJ friend a call. He's probably waiting to hear from you! :smile: 

Anonymous #1

#1813607 - 08/14/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't make friends real easily either cause I generally act "distant" from people, but one thing I learned is that friendship is a two-way street. You get what you give. That means the more effort you put into making friends with someone, the more they will be interested in the same. Don't jump to conclusions just because someone doesn't seem interested in being a friend. Most people are too caught up with themselves that they're usually not actively searching out new friends. If someone really doesn't want to be around you, they'll make it obvious.

OfflineShadowsEnd
Give me 1 shroomrating plz!
Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: ]
    #1813907 - 08/14/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, It can be a drag having too many friends around. I remember when I used to live in FL I had tons of friends... and they would never leave me alone. I remember once when I was tripping HARD and all I wanted to do was be alone and stay in my bed under the covers. My friends kept ringing the doorbell, knocking on my door, I did not even want them to know I was there so I actually had to HIDE in my own bathroom... with the lights off. They did not give up though. I finally went back to my room and then I hear the most annoying knocking on my window. He opens it up and is like "Sup duuuude, you tripping?" I said "Yea" Hes like ... come out here man. Im like "Na" then hes like "Why the fuck not man" .... That was the most annoying shit that has EVER happend to me in my entire fucking life. Its best to have just a few or even just one really close freind.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1815442 - 08/14/03 10:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Where do you live man? Where I live... i have tons of friends. And i dont mean like assholes... but people i can trust, people i can depend on if need be. Its like a gang... but not. Im friends with my brothers friends... friends with my friends friends... and sometimes it cuts off at certain people. But i have met some really cool people this way. THe closest friends, we hang out together... share our ideas, our diverse view points. And with the shroomery i have met even more people. SUcks you dont live around here man, im sure you would have a great time. If you can consider moving... and you have nothing holding you back, find a new place to live, new experiences. Networking is key, but like i have always done, keep at a safe distance till you can make out the features... You dont want to meet up with a hungry man eating tiger :wink: .

--------------------
What?

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: Adden]
    #1815818 - 08/15/03 01:12 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I called him yesterday, and we had a cool conversation..

Your right about the too much friends part... I had a load of friends who came by and abused me for shit.. Borrowed my stuff.. And i had to go ask them millions of times for it.. And i knew they we're like that, but my girlfriend never see through people that fast so she borrowed the stuff to them..

We no longer have that much contact.. Its much better now..

Most of my loneliness comes from the knowledge i got on shrooms..
I no longer see the universe as most people see it...
I see it in a much bigger picture.. And because must people who are around me (accept for my one friend) don't see it that way..
It makes me very sad.. My girlfriend says: "most people see the world like i see it, but they just go on and don't think about it that much"..

But for me its very important to return to that point alot.. I makes all the stress you can get sometimes seem not important.

I sometimes walk into my backyard at night to view the stars.. They remind me that we are so tiny and insignificant..
And they remind me that life has no real meaning..

I love to analyse what happens around me, and grow in knowledge..
But you can almost never share true living.. Living with the knowledge of the whole thing..

You know, they say that telling the stone that lays on your hart can clear the clouds surrounding your soul... Well that i wrote this down, makes me even more down..  :sad:

But tonight me and my friend are going to smoke a :spliff: and watch "The Dark Crystal"... But first i have to do so much stupid shit..
Like move the fridge from the shed to the kitchen.. And pick up my son from karate... I guess i'm addicted...  :bong: 

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #1818192 - 08/15/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

friends suck. good friends are real hard to find. some people never do.

I had one friend who I got along with perfect. He was my best friend in the whole world, and after I got back from a vacation, we went rollerblading to see his new girlfriend. He got hit by a car, and died. That was 5 years ago.

I've had other pretty good friends, but none like that. Most people suck.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: tak]
    #1828591 - 08/19/03 01:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So you we're with him when he died.
If he saw you as his best friend, i bet he was glad that you we're there
in he's last moments.

Damn, that must have been terrible..  :oogle: 

--------------------

OfflineFractals
Humble Newguy
Loc: Texas!
    #1828961 - 08/19/03 08:02 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well man.. I understand your view on a real friend..but honestly  I don't contact my friends by phone to shoot the shit..(I HATE the telephone) or drop by unannounced!  In fact, I hate when my good friends drop by unannounced as I value my privacy.

The third point is true.. as far as a real Friend goes, My definition someone that ISNT gonna take advantage of you or fuck you over, thats a real friend, someone you can totally trust.  I have 3 of those, and 2 of them have been friends for 12+ years.  we can talk about total bullshit or deep shit, and even if I havent spoken to them for weeks, it's as if I saw them hours before..

peace.. there are good people out there, just know the difference between the word Acquiantence and Friends, I have tons of Acquinatences and few friends.. how I like it! :smile:

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1830304 - 08/19/03 03:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I feel you man. You are a good friend of mine though! But its not like you can call or come over all of a sudden...

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: TinMan]
    #1832067 - 08/20/03 01:04 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, but even you are too busy lately to even be online when i'm online...  :sad:
But we shared a special experience, my trip online with you by my side was great..  :heart: 

--------------------

OfflineFungi_x
Firekeeper of OTD
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
    #1836226 - 08/21/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You may have something called S.A.D (Social anxiety disorder) I do and its kinda common its like 3 out of 10 have some form

"Do you experience intense fear during social interactions? Do you avoid speaking in class or dining with co-workers? Do you start trembling and sweating at the thought of attending a party? If so, you may be suffering from social anxiety disorder, also known as social phobia. Social anxiety disorder can make you feel trapped, shut away from the world."

http://socialanxiety.factsforhealth.org/

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: No real REAL friends.. [Re: Fungi_x]
    #1836273 - 08/21/03 05:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you, after reading that and doing the test. I'm sure i have that disorder.
I'm gonna see what i can do about it. Its been making life hard for me for
a very long time now.

Thanks again!  :heartpump: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder