Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemilk
Need advice for getting high alone.
    #1812549 - 08/14/03 07:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Do lots of peole eat mushrooms alone? Are there any safety concerns I should know about? I trust the person I am buying them from. He is not my dealer, I dont have one, I have just known him for a long time, and he is not a crazy type of person. So I feel safe buying them from him.

I was planning on just eating some and listening to music or something, mabey watching a movie.

Other then my bad trip time that I posted, I have only eaten mushrooms once. It was a very bad experience, aside from a few minutes where I laid down and watched lighting outside.

I am not sure whY I post these questions mabeY I am looking for motherly advice, Or mabey I am being safe. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: milk]
    #1812554 - 08/14/03 07:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

alone is great...but can be terrifying, and life changing...mindset means alot, and surly our reassurance will give you a positive mindset. Honestly, i havent tripped alone in about a year...im hesitant...but it was always my favorite way to trip before...you havent experienced mushrooms full effects until youve done them alone. If your a kid...dont do them alone in your parents house...things can, and do go bad, but id say if you made a playlist for the night of positive music, and perhaps set some goals for your trip, and had a good direction going in...you will have the time of your life.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: PDU]
    #1812597 - 08/14/03 08:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

research, and understand whats going to happen and learn more and more untill you think you are a master at shrooms. Then trip. And your view point will change. Its awesome.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: whole9]
    #1812601 - 08/14/03 08:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It is awesome, and absolutely worth it.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1812667 - 08/14/03 08:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would not recommend dosing your first time alone. Once you know what to expect, to me, it is a great way to open doors for self exploration. I honest prefer to be alone than with others... but not for the first time.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: Seuss]
    #1812672 - 08/14/03 09:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, eat them alone, much more intense. You dont have to try and communicate unless your talkin' to yourself, which is somethin' i do a lot of. I'll trip then mutter away to mesel' just jibberish. Then i'll hear myself talkin' and sometimes it freaks the balls off'a'me 'cause i think its someone else in the room*shudder*.
Yeah, in summary, "Get'em'down yer Greggory Peck!".

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineNHansen
Stranger
Loc: Upstate New York
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #1812922 - 08/14/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I've still yet to trip alone too. It seems like I would want someone to talk to though, although it would be great just to go off and do my own thing. I've got a huge field by my house and lots of woods and trails, I think it would be great to just wander around in the woods for hours. I could bring a bottle of water and some weed and I'll be set for the day! :smirk:

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #1812964 - 08/14/03 11:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If you've only tripped once before and it was a bad trip, my recommendation is to get a few more under your belt before you do them alone.

However, that's just an opinion, and there a few people that frequent this board that swear by tripping alone. I've done it only a small percentage of the times that I've tripped total, and it was never really that good. Having good friends around or having a smoking session, going out and doing something... I think it's all part of the fun of the trip.

For example: I sit at home in my room on my computer all day because there aren't any f'in jobs out there, why would I wanna do the same thing while tripping?

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun

Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: Adden]
    #1813002 - 08/14/03 11:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

After reading your other thread, I take back what I said. ^^^

It takes a very strong-willed person to keep his or her cool when someone is freaking out really bad... especially when you are tripping as hard as the person who is freaking out.

If you had enough composure to take care of this fellow, restrain yourself from calling an ambulance, and still managed to keep your cool... I think you'd be fine tripping alone. Just be careful, stay occupied, and have music :smile: Lots of music.

Stay safe,
2dope 

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: Adden]
    #1813742 - 08/14/03 03:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe a tad more aware of your dose...and where its going to take you too.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #1814221 - 08/14/03 05:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

what about acid?

ive never shroomed alone....always with one other person. I just recently got some acid and we tripped at the dead show on 2 fractals and i was blown away.

about a week after i tried 3 hits and iddnt get nearly as blown as before so i waited another 2 week to take my last hit and took it alone...it wasent that bad...wasent that great either...kinda felt like i wanted to do stuff besides jsut sit around the house. I think acid would be easier to handle alone if you took 3 hits or less. Shrooms to me are just way out there....i need way more preperation when i do shroom than acid. Acid to me is kinda of spontaneous. And the tolerance pisses me off. I want to take acid all the time but i cant :frown:

hopefully i will get some more at the harvest fest and be able to experament a little more. I just feel like with shrooms i dont like to be alone as much as with acid. But acid can get way out of hand alone if you take too much. then you need people there for you. If i wasent at the show i dont know wtf would have happned....man crazy shit

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun

Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: Vulture]
    #1814293 - 08/14/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I've had fractals where 1 hit blew my mind, and others where 3 wasn't enough. It all really depends. There isn't a standardized way to tell, as the potency varies. Be careful Vulture :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: Vulture]
    #1814372 - 08/14/03 06:43 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldnt want to do acid alone, motor mouth and a ball of energy = me on acid, i would depress myself being alone...in the house on acid. Going out on the town alone, and rolling around the park and what not solo would be just fine....but to be indoors on acid at all....is very unappealing to me. Acid is more social...Shrooms are easy to incapicitate yourself with and just think and fall asleep after on, acid is so much more upbeat and long.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1815820 - 08/15/03 03:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

shrooms is fun alone...its a time to just chill and trip....i find it much more relaxing becuase you dont have to deal with people and the law and that shit...just chilling watching a movie, playin video games, playing music, and smokin weed is fun

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1818667 - 08/16/03 01:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'd suggest doing shrooms with someone your first time, but after that, there ain't nothin' wrong with doing them alone -- heck, if your'e experienced with psychedelics and like doing them by yourself, no need to have someone on the first time either, really.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: Sev]
    #1818677 - 08/16/03 01:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I havent tripped alone yet either, but i want to try it as soon as i can get my hands on some mushrooms, i hate this town.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#1818684 - 08/16/03 01:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You can do small doses on mushrooms alone without needing to worry. It might be a good idea even, as social settings can produce their own anxieties. Try for a level 1 or level 2 experience, which would vary on mushroom potency but if you did one gram one week, and 2 the next, you'd be fine. Stay at low doses though, then take some time off. Then you'll have a good dosing perspective to go forward with.

Offlinecybernaut3
journeyman
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: djfrog]
    #1819395 - 08/16/03 10:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

all my bad trips have been with other people. i have yet to have had one bad trip while alone on shrooms, acid, or MG seeds. tripping alone is the way to go in my opinion, as long as you are out with nature or somewhere else cool. i did have one nice acid trip with others but that was up north water skiing and eating hash. if you live in a city, just don't be a dumbass like i was. i ate 5 grams of shrooms then aimlessly wandered around as the entire block turned into a square spiral loop with signs in heavenly languages, i had a strong deja vu vision of myself dying, and all the trees were out to get me. good thing i avoided the graveyard.

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: Need advice for getting high alone. [Re: cybernaut3]
    #1819492 - 08/16/03 12:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yea....all my bad trips happened around people....and they were mostly because of anxiety that directly related to those people

tripping alone is so much better...DONT do level 1 or 2....tripping alone is the best time to hit the higher doses, you can even bring a pet (if you have one) so your not alone.....pets are funny on shrooms, they almost never cause the anxiety people do

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1819786 - 08/16/03 02:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience