Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye.
    #1811992 - 08/14/03 12:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hello friends. You may remember me as the slightly neurotic ambitious APer that has posted a million topics about APing over the past few weeks. All with good reason...

I have been trying to conciousley astral project for 3 weeks now. I attempt projection at least one - three times a day, spending about 1 hour on each attempt. I have come close, I think. I usually came close in the past after I dosed myself with a few hits of pot as I felt that the pot made the relaxation and projection visualization a little easier on my mind/body. I have since slowed down my pot-projection attempts by focusing on projection naturally, without the aide of anything except maybe a bath or two to relax my muscles. I feel that I have come a long distance since I first became interested in really doing this three weeks ago. When I first started I was more interested in the outcome rather than the now. My mind would jump to the future, I would think, this is going to be the one, this is it and I would generally ruin it.

Here's where I am at now. I can silence my mind for the most part and sometimes stop thoughts before they ever form. Stopping your mind is a tricky business. I liken it to a tunnel where 'you' travel down this tunnel and thoughts come left and right. Usually my mind would like to cling onto one of these thoughts then that would lead into another thought and before I knew it I would be surrounded with thoughts, usually concerning the projection and my attempts of doing it.

If I can silence the thoughts and relax my body enough I usually get this wavy feeling in my body. I don't know if it is my blood, air in lungs or vibes? or what? It just starts at around my chest area then flutters throughout my body then bounces back to the chest and so forth. If I direct my attention to this, it becomes less intense. I haven't felt the vibes yet. I don't know what they should feel like, maybe I did feel them once...

This is how I try to project:

1. Lie down and get comfortable. Relax my muscles by just letting them fall into themselves. I don't like the tensing/relaxing method that is often given for a full body relaxtion (if you have better methods, please post)

2. Clear my thoughts. Just passively watch them pass at first like waves then conciousley attend to liquadating them from even forming (i have to be careful about how concious I am in shutting down thoughts. I find that if I am too aware of shutting down the thought, me being aware of shutting down the thought intern becomes a thought. tricky mind.  :nut:)

3. Then I try to enter a light trance. If my trance is too heavy my mind will usually flick into these dreamy atmosphere where thoughts and images will come to the surface without my will. this is different then normal every day thoughts i think.

4. once in a light trance but usually after I have attempted in clearing my mind for a reasonable ammount of time (5-10 min.), I will begin with some projection techniques. The ones that I have been practicing with are the point-awarness mehtod which is basically feeling yourself away from yourself. If I am sitting while projecting I like to pretend I am standing about 10 feet away.

I will also use Robert Bruce's rope technique which is picturing and feeling yourself climb an imaginary rope up into the atmosphere.

I jump between these two methods but none have given me much sucess. I am enthusiastic once I begin the techniques but quickly lose focus when I feel that nothing is working

I will then jump between techniques more rapidly, desperatley trying to 'get' somewhere. I will even scroll through other techniques I've learned and give a shot at those but to no avail.

What's going on with my attempts? I started getting to a point a few days ago where I felt like giving up and focusing on real things for a while. I do believe that this is possible and that I can do this, I just am looking for something that lets me know that its there. Damn you mind/body, just give me 10 sec. out of body and I'll be a happy camper.

:crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: YellowSubmarine]
    #1812190 - 08/14/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Don't try so hard.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1812487 - 08/14/03 04:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What part of your day are you doing these exercises?
Lying down with sun on you on your couch midday, before sleep..?

Until I hear your response, all I can say is that obviously the strong desire is there which is key, but technique is important also..

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: Jellric]
    #1812513 - 08/14/03 04:35 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

It sounds that you are going about it mostly in a way that will work... What I do, is lie down on my back, and relax as you do. I just shut my eyes, let the thoughts flow as they nomally do (I also only try when I go to sleep). I'll start getting into that falling asleep mode, and I will get a lot of the weird/wavy feelings you describe.. I also notice that if I open my eyes and look at the ceiling, it will sort of do the breathing thing that walls like to do when on mushrooms..

Eventually, I will get more and more disconnected, and I will just be repeating the word "flow" in my head, to kill other thoughts, but some still come, and that's all right. Once it gets more intense, I really can't tell the position of my limbs and it feels like they might be moving a bit, I then concentrate on my breathing.. in, out, in, out..

The feeling of breathing starts to become to intense to bear, but I keep watching my breathing.. not really thinking much of anything. I can't really describe this, but as I stare into my eyelids, it sort of feels like the point from which I am staring out jumps out a little, and everything gets more depth.. My body starts to get some intense, continous vibrations, and I imagine that with each breath out, I am getting pushed out of my body......

That's as far as I've ever gotten, because I stopped the process, I was just a little too afraid. I haven't gotten a chance to work at it since (that was two nights ago), because I was just way too tired to be able to let the process happen, I just zonked out. I will be going to bed a little bit earlier tonight though, so I will let you all know how it turns out.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: Jellric]
    #1813293 - 08/14/03 11:30 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Jellric-

I am performing these attempts at all times of the day, however since I do lead a normal life I usually practice an hour or two before bed. I heard that some people find it easier to AP in the morning. Even though my muscles are relaxed my mind is wide a awake and just wants to get up and about so morning APs have been no good for me thus far. I do have some sucess if I try and AP during the day, the only problem is that I will get so into it, I'll lose track of time and before long 1 -2 hours would have passed.

a few days ago I acutally practiced meditation/energy excercises the whole entire day. I didn't realize what happened until after the sun came down. :nut:

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1813339 - 08/14/03 11:47 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just found out my friend has been practicing astral travel as well...
he had a site with music that supposedly stimulated brain activity to help produce out of body experiences...

I don't have the sites with me, but i'll post em tomorrow. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1813485 - 08/14/03 12:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just noticed something that happens a lot with all my attempts. I can usually relax my legs and arms fairly easy, I have some trouble spots in the back of my neck that I like to take care of as well before attempting an AP.

One thing I did notice was that everytime I played around with a technique that involved moving my body-awarness across the room, I would get a very heavy feeling on my chest and stomach area, like someone was sitting on me or something.

don't know if this sounds normal or maybe im just neurotic

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1813616 - 08/14/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

That really heavy feeling in the chest is what happened when I started focusing on my breathing.. I wish I wouldn't have stopped the whole thing, but sometimes those negative thoughts take control, and ruin everything... there is always tonight, of course. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1813666 - 08/14/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How long again did you say you've been attempting projection? On the personal note, how often do you trip/smoke/change conciousness with substances generally speaking?

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1813673 - 08/14/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Try learning how to meditate and visualize first. You're trying to learn everything all at once.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: MindTrap]
    #1813678 - 08/14/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Check out the Monroe Institute and their hemi-sync programs.

Have you read Robert Monroe's books on the subject? He is kind of a pioneer with his research in the OOBE.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

#1813680 - 08/14/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am trying to learn everything all at once because I am excited. my mind just works this way, i become over obsessed with things until i do them right or feel satisfied. as long as there is astral projection my mind wont be satisfied until it has sucessfully exited. i have been extending my meditating/relaxing periods much longer than before. however, for every meditation i do, i will always attempt to project at least once at the end of it otherwise i feel like i've wasted an opportunity

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1813700 - 08/14/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MindTrap said:
Check out the Monroe Institute and their hemi-sync programs.

Have you read Robert Monroe's books on the subject? He is kind of a pioneer with his research in the OOBE.

THATS IT!!!...the monroe institute....thats what my friend told me to check out, anyone tried it?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1813711 - 08/14/03 01:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

YellowSubmarine said:
How long again did you say you've been attempting projection? On the personal note, how often do you trip/smoke/change conciousness with substances generally speaking?

About a month now, I believe. I only try at nights, when I go to bed. I've been moving along nicely, too, because I believe that I can do it and that I am really conducive to astral projecting consciously, it helps remove doubts that ruin everything.

I haven't really done anything since I have started, since I started when I came down to Iowa to my mom's.. no access. Then I came to Norway, haven't been in surroundings to find any yet.. so I couldn't really say anything about the effects substances have on it...

Quote:

I am trying to learn everything all at once because I am excited. my mind just works this way, i become over obsessed with things until i do them right or feel satisfied. as long as there is astral projection my mind wont be satisfied until it has sucessfully exited. i have been extending my meditating/relaxing periods much longer than before. however, for every meditation i do, i will always attempt to project at least once at the end of it otherwise i feel like i've wasted an opportunity

There is nothing wrong with just working on astral projection, but you can't be having much of any thoughts blocking the process.. when you just normally go to sleep, you have normal thoughts for awhile, and something forces your thoughts to just gradually shut out.. to get past this with your consciousness, you need to still be thinking actively, but too many thoughts will prevent the sleep thang from happening..

After my thoughts run their course for awhile, and I get settled in, I start to bring the word "flow" into focus, and eventually, after the feelings get stronger, the disconnectedness feelings come about, I start strongly watching my breathing, taking note of the in and out...
Being too excited about astral projection while attempting it will ruin it, keep that in mind, it takes very little time to a lot of time to get your mind working right, just depending on the way your mind works..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #1813868 - 08/14/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What you're shooting for is that twilight state of awareness known as body asleep/mind awake. I'm sure you know this, and the fact that it is such a delicate balance to reach and maintain.

Before bed is a natural but difficult time to attempt AP because the body is tired and tends to fall rapidly into sleep taking your awareness with it. You are watchful, there is a brief lapse and *boom*- you're asleep. Or you just give up and go to sleep.

One thing you can try that is not all that different from what you're doing now: Do your normal routine before bed. Set your alarm to go off after four hours of sleep. After you turn off your alarm, sit up in your bed for a moment or two or get up and walk around briefly if it won't wake you up too much. Now lie back down and go into some visualization or a shortened version of your routine. The idea is that now your body has some rest and it should be easier.

Quote:

YellowSubmarine said:
Jellric-

I am performing these attempts at all times of the day, however since I do lead a normal life I usually practice an hour or two before bed. I heard that some people find it easier to AP in the morning. Even though my muscles are relaxed my mind is wide a awake and just wants to get up and about so morning APs have been no good for me thus far. I do have some sucess if I try and AP during the day, the only problem is that I will get so into it, I'll lose track of time and before long 1 -2 hours would have passed.

a few days ago I acutally practiced meditation/energy excercises the whole entire day. I didn't realize what happened until after the sun came down. :nut: 

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1813875 - 08/14/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Just keep trying..

Monroe techniques (and hemi-sync) seems to work wonders for some people. I have a few of the tapes, and they are great. They are not a magic key to astral projection though, just a helper along the way.

There is also a book called Travelling the Interstate of Consciousness: A driver's instruction manual.. which is filled with all sorts of good stuff on achieving this.

The hemi-sync is good shit though.. you wear headphones and it has certain frequencies, offset from each other..so as to create a certain frequency in your head.. some even have vocal directions embedded into the frequencies.

I have one tape that keeps you suspended in the theta brainwave for extended priods of time. That's the state in between awake and asleep, where mental imagery is at its peak. Most of the time we spend about 5 minutes or less in this state, before we fall asleep.. this tape keeps you there for an hour or more.. the imagery is quite vivid, and intense to say the least.

If you're having problems, I think hemi-sync would be a good tool to help you focus, and relax more.

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: Shroomism]
    #1813991 - 08/14/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

If you have eMule here's a hash for that Theta wave program.

ed2k://|file|Audio.Book.-.Hypnosis.-.HemiSync.-.Theta.-.1.hour-SuperLearning.[found.via.www.fileDonkey.com].mp3|57306469|69465BBBFF021CF9B2C8796EB8D9758F|/

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #1814017 - 08/14/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i had my first real consoiuns projection the other night. Before i had one before after awaking in a dream into another dream and wow that was wierd. But this time i did it on purpose and i wasent really expecting it because the TV was on full blast and i was laying sideways on the edge of my bed. It only took about 30 seconds when im used to trying for at least 30 minutes.

But i just rolled out of my body onto the floor and got up and thought about flying and started to raise up....man it was coool. I couldent make it last though as right after that i fell back into my body. But know at least i have had a consoius projection and it exiteing.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Re: Fuck . Astral Projectorary thingy in my eye. [Re: Vulture]
    #1814114 - 08/14/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

that hemi-sync sounds cool and similar to this program i have called the brainwave generator, don't know if it is the same or what - any idea where i could get these hemi-sync files for freeee?

thanks guys for all your help and support

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
    #1814338 - 08/14/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You can get them on the p2p networks like Kazaa and eDonkey networks.

Check out the Monroe Institute Gateway Voyage series

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom