Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineteonacatl
Shaman

Loc: USA
PCP Tek..Advice.
    #1811837 - 08/14/03 01:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, I've asked questions about this before, but I'm going to ask a more general question about The Puppy Chow and Polymer Tek:
Has Anybody out there actually USED it, or is there anyone who knows a friend of a friend who has used it?
I've been searching the shroomery for a couple of hours every night in order to find any kind of review on this...but it seems no-one has ever tried it and actually posted any of the results. There are other threads regarding this, but they are old, and the only thing any of the responses talk about is how the polymers may be carcinogenic...(I don't care if they are: I smoke, and florine is added to the city water here- it's carcinogenic to drink....also I sun-bathe...skin cancer). Having said this, does anyone know if it actually works well to grow the shrooms on polymers with puppy chow broth...or another liquid nutrient???? I'm not concerned with using it as a casing; I have verm, peat moss, and lime for that...I want to use it as a substrate as in the PCP tek.
I just want to know if this method works at all before I tell my friend to go ahead and use it.

--------------------
All information contained above is completely fictional, a product of the authors imagination.
Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGregHimself
Just a guyobssesed withshroomies.
Male User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Re: PCP Tek..Advice. [Re: teonacatl]
    #1811876 - 08/14/03 01:39 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have used polymars a few times...tried the PCP tek once, but it was way to wet and never fully colonized, but a FOAF used polymars in a tek like this and it wont stop flushing:
55 gallon rubbermaid-properly sterilized.
2 pint jars of sterilized hysrated polymar crystals
Vermiculite
5 PF style cakes cut up into slices
peat/verm casing layer

Now all she did was lay the polymars oall over the bottom of the rubbermaid, then laid a layer of dampened verm over the crystals, then the slices over the verm...then cased with 50/50 verm/peat

SO far it has yielded over 2 oz dry in like 7 or 8 flushes. its quite amazing really.

Just a thought for ya, another FOAF got his PCP jars fully colonised, but then disapeared on me and never told me yields and such. Hope this helps a little...oh and BTW: the shrooms caused to adverses effects from the polymars.

--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

Offlineteonacatl
Shaman

Loc: USA
Re: PCP Tek..Advice. [Re: GregHimself]
    #1812059 - 08/14/03 02:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

*did you mean "the shrooms caused no adverse effects from the polymers" ?
Thanks for the info a whole lot. Maybe to fix it being too wet, one should add more polymer, that way it won't absorb to the full capacity...and excess moisture occuring later would then be absorbed by them (?) Or you could throw some bird seed or something in there. The guide itself does mention that there may be some leftover uncolonized stuff at the bottom- my idea is that some of the less desireable components of the puppy chow may settle there and inhibit the mycelium.
BTW, just an off-topic question for anyone out there: how does the method used in the PCP tek and the Oss/Oeric book of casing and fruiting right in the jar work out as opposed to casing birdseed or something spread out in a pan? Also, does anyone have any ideas about using the polymer in the same manner (spread out in a pan and cased)? Just an idle question I just now thought of.

--------------------
All information contained above is completely fictional, a product of the authors imagination.
Do what thou Wilt shall be the Whole of the Law.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Peat, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation