Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Apollop] * 1
    #18109305 - 04/14/13 05:52 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

It is fun watching you process your experiences on this forum.

You are a textbook case of an intelligent young person trying to make sense of all this.

There are no real tangible answers, at least not yet. But the questions are great!

You will notice that most of our older members have come to the conclusion that tripping means very little after the trip is done. They draw their conclusions from years of experience asking these same types of questions. It is an amazing cycle to watch and to experience yourself.

Many new trippers fail to understand this cycle because they are in the middle of it.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefatal222316
Alive
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Apollop]
    #18109317 - 04/14/13 05:54 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I might be wrong but I have always heard psychedelics lower the functioning of the brain much like being in a stroke, there is a good video out there somewhere with a doctor who had a stroke and said it felt similar to tripping.
  The left side of the brain our logical side is not functioning properly therefor the information and feelings we don't normally experience are because our brain is not drowning it out as useless information, because our brain has to pay attention to more life threatening environmental info. maybe these geometrical patterns are a part of this sorry I do not have more answers or the videos name but maybe someone has seen it. That is why we must figure these things out because normal society who shun us do not care about these things.

--------------------
"Who says upright Ape's should know the secrets of the Universe"--Terrance McKenna

OfflineApollop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Egypt Flag
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Rose]
    #18109345 - 04/14/13 06:00 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
It is fun watching you process your experiences on this forum.

You are a textbook case of an intelligent young person trying to make sense of all this.

There are no real tangible answers, at least not yet. But the questions are great!

You will notice that most of our older members have come to the conclusion that tripping means very little after the trip is done. They draw their conclusions from years of experience asking these same types of questions. It is an amazing cycle to watch and to experience yourself.

Many new trippers fail to understand this cycle because they are in the middle of it.

yeah im actually very thankful this forum exists :smile:
i understand there will be no tangible answers, maybe just believes and theories formulated, the same way people believe stories, principles, and ideas in religion... im sure there a lot of people here that have tons of experiences but i doubt i'll ever come to the conclusion that tripping means very little after the trip is done but, then again, like you mention, maybe it's cuz im still in the middle of the cycle :/
i just know i have always been fascinated with psychedelics since i tried it for the first time years ago, and i know that i want to explore this 'dimension' as much as i can, whilst hoping to not lose my mind amongst the path and actually achieve the opposite! it's already lost in more than ways so i doubt there's much harm to be done, if any :smile:

i'll also start growing soon, and it's when i start bugging you :laugh:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #18109406 - 04/14/13 06:10 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

:smile:

I am here to help.

As for concluding they mean little to nothing. The ironic thing is it is not a bad conclusion to come to. It opens doors to reality and science. Yet newer trippers often think it is sacreligeous for a veteran to come to such conclusions.

Imagine how many times I have had a person half my age with a fraction of my experience tell me I do not "Get" it on these boards. Draw your own conclusions, take your time, have your own experiences. Don't let me take the magic away from this special time in your life.

The fact is, I get it better than many think, but I have realized that communicating about tripping in the scientific and tangible way, is more helpful to trippers and non trippers alike. The "we are all one" approach only preaches to the choir. We can't tangibly explain the spiritual psychedelic experience, but we can explore the science behind it... and that actually is as interesting as the the study of the spiritual belief that we are all one... etc. And it exists outside the realm of tripping!

You keep mentioning "DMT The Spirit Molecule" in other threads. This is a great example of a scientificic approach to the spiritual nature of tripping. It is a fantastic read. Spoiler alert*** It concludes nothing.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineApollop
Male User Gallery

Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Rose]
    #18109462 - 04/14/13 06:20 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

well thanks for ruining the book for me! :p
will still read it for sure.
yeah i know what you mean, i could be just overly excited with all this, i like the idea of 'meaning' that it could potentially add to a lot of things, although nothing tangible for sure...what im excited the most about is to see the emotional/mental progress that will happen by using these plants... which brings up a question i wanted to post about LSD but i think i'd rather pm u with this one

OfflineAgentchewy
Pantheism.
 User Gallery

Loc: vietnam Flag
    #18109502 - 04/14/13 06:26 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I think we can all agree that nobody knows for what purpose hallucinogens play in nature, and nobody knows what these patterns are for or why they are the way they are. All we have are theories

--------------------

If I knew the way, I would take you home.

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: fatal222316]
    #18110419 - 04/14/13 09:19 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I wonder why people see similar patterns. I see alot of iron cross shapes or fractals on LSD and more circular geometric patterns on mushrooms. Sometimes its all over everything, on peoples faces, on the ceiling my skin. I loves the patterns last time i felt everything was connected by the patterns.

Invisibleatomicshaman
puppet master
Trans-female User Gallery

Loc: germany Flag
    #18110469 - 04/14/13 09:29 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

on larger doses of psilocybin the hallucinations just continue to become more impossibly complex . i have found that theories are irrelevant at explaining them .

--------------------
I only do legal drugs like alcohol , tobacco and valium so fuck off and die :goat:

:

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: atomicshaman]
    #18110608 - 04/14/13 09:57 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I don't need to take drugs to see the patterns.  Perhaps it's HPPD, but I quite often stare at my grass in my back yard while smoking a cigarette and see spirals and patterns.

Quote:

atomicshaman said:
on larger doses of psilocybin the hallucinations just continue to become more impossibly complex . i have found that theories are irrelevant at explaining them .

You're right, generally above 5 grams and the CEVs get incredibly detailed and complex and seem to be infinite. 

The last time I consumed 7 grams I laid in my bed with my bed sheet over my head and stared at the amazingly vast network of patterns.  I don't know why, but I often see paisley designs that go on and on forever and seem to have depth like a giant blanket that has huge canyons and incredibly tall peaks.  They go on and on for as far as the eye can see.  Are paisley designs considered geometric?

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Offlinemushmafia
Strange

Loc: none ya bizzness
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: my3rdeye]
    #18110622 - 04/14/13 10:02 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
I wonder why people see similar patterns. I see alot of iron cross shapes or fractals on LSD and more circular geometric patterns on mushrooms. Sometimes its all over everything, on peoples faces, on the ceiling my skin. I loves the patterns last time i felt everything was connected by the patterns.

google form constants.

--------------------

Invisiblenurazz
nurazz
Male

Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: mushmafia]
    #18110627 - 04/14/13 10:04 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

The Golden Ratio - Sacred Geometry.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: And why does... [Re: nurazz]
    #18110732 - 04/14/13 10:31 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

the unconscious mind use images in a metaphorical way in dreams?

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: And why does... [Re: laughingdog]
    #18110914 - 04/14/13 11:29 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

you need to first understand that your entire existence and reality is due to what goes on in the brain, all senses are in a sense a 2nd party information system.
your brain has no solid connection to the outside world.
for istance your eyes send a signal to the brain wich then takes the information available and takes from that the useable information your consciously seeking.

fractals are as common as nature in that all natural things have a fract form if looked at close enough.

maybe there are fractals all around us but our brain filters it out as useless information.
also it would seem 'especially on higher doses' that the visible light spectrum has been enhanced or widened somewhat in to the ultraviolet spectrum, halos and fog seem common and understandable why our brain would filter this out, for clarity of vision.

of course this is speculation.

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: And why does... [Re: laughingdog] * 1
    #18110947 - 04/14/13 11:38 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

here's an example of how your vision fucks with you

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OfflineCapn Blue Beard
The Majestic Beard
Male

Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Salomon]
    #18111065 - 04/15/13 12:11 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

A theory for your theory: Maybe we go to these basic shapes as we crawl back into our minds. The first simple thing most of us visually recognized was a ball, or a shape on something. That shape soon became a thing, that thing soon became a thing with patterns, the thing with patterns became a thing on another thing with other shapes and things.. and the end thing was a toy or a parent or whatever it may be.

Remember that when we were born, there was no recognition of things. our first object most of us saw was an overhead light the second we opened out eyes between tears, then we saw a round face, and round shapes.

We were built on shapes, and grew to distinguish them for unique qualities and values.. Eventually leading our cognitive perception to rule these unique shapes and qualities as faces and things we care for. In turn, the shapes got character and became easily recognizable.. Still - A face is round, a nose is triangular, a car is a box, a person is a rectangle so on and so forth.

I think its just us going to the points of birth, unlocking stale memories and concepts formed in the moment we began the journey of learning everything we know

--------------------

My Level 5 Trip Report
Having a Troubled Grow? Read This!
Capn Blue Beards Brothel -  Old Grow Log
"I honestly dont grow drugs. I just try to provide them the perfect environment, they have to grow themselves."- MoGrow
** I have been gone for 10 months, any and all information I supply could be old, wrong and unintentionally fictional. I apologize for this in advance and recommend you wait for more information before settling on my advice.**

OfflineCraz
Male

Loc: Holy Cross
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Capn Blue Beard]
    #18111249 - 04/15/13 01:19 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

I like the idea that psychedelics have to do with physics, allowing you to see waves and planes that are normally filtered out by your brain. There are probably many unknown planes in this universe that we can't see or reach due to our level of technology. I think of how our technology to study and analyze things (ie microscopes) has skyrocketed in such a short time, it's silly to imagine we're getting anywhere close to understanding what's really going on.

--------------------

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
    #18111295 - 04/15/13 01:38 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Apollop said:
I know I might not get any answers here, I'm just after information, theories, etc.. (i.e. anything new). Why are they perfect geometric patterns most of the time? How do they move in perfect harmony and in a way where the pattern stays geometrically intact when supposedly they do not exist and are just 'hallucinations'. If they're not hallucinations, what could they be? I find it very intriguing and phenomenal. I can't fucking draw a straight triangle yet I see perfect geometric shapes that i'm supposed to consider figments of my imagination... your thoughts?

psychedelics are a metaphysical experience, it morphs and manifests and changes based on your experiential view of what it is supposed to be like based on your past, present and future. its a non linear experience of life that is calculated as pythagorian right triangle and everything is happening in an equilibrium in a trigonomic sense(which means functional behaviour usually repeats in a pattern aand disfunctional behaviour continues in a looping pattern based on triangle math, its only if you be conscious of your destructive patterns and work to find a solution that you make progress towards growth. so youre channeling the future and parallel dimensions to this one through resonant vibration. consciousness is a signal. the brain doesnt produce consciousness it recieves and interprets it based on its evolutionary capablilities which vary based on soul experience and life experience as well as exposer, it seems.
life experiences and past life patterns might account for difference in ego of the same source mind consciousness.
function is spirals, disfunction is circles, having a balance of spirals and circles would be the ultimate function it seems. this is the pattern of GOD maybe just spirals. its tough to say. depends on what stage of experience you are at.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My Youtube Psychedelic Channel

Edited by SleepyE (04/15/13 01:40 AM)

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: SleepyE]
    #18112468 - 04/15/13 11:49 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

the hyno-ring illusion where it causes a munipulation in your perception seems similar to a senario that when you are focusing on it the brain starts to use that as a model of perception of reality then when you switch back and look around the room. that pattern of motion is saved in the neuroconnections and it runs that new program of how to see reality in that new instance in spirals so the room looks like it has a rotation affect. this is only temporary as perception harmonizes with the movement of objects in your room taking your perception back to baseline and back to deflaut normality.

thats my theory anyways.

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My Youtube Psychedelic Channel

OfflineApollop
Male User Gallery

Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: SleepyE] * 1
    #18112559 - 04/15/13 12:14 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah i think this ties to a few other explanation up there

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Why are the patterns geometric? [Re: Apollop] * 1
    #18115018 - 04/15/13 08:01 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

three areas are affected in visuals
the eyes, with pupil dilation
the visual cortex with primary visual events from eyes and from itself (visual memory) and the frontal cortex to which at least one copy of the visual event is exported where it may ramify while triggering memories.

since the person is stoned, each signal reaching the 2 areas of cortex is extended (basic trail theory).
in the visual cortex, the signal pulse trains from visual stimulation propagate  as circular waves from each point of excitation, and where the points interfere, in a sustained way, you get an additional visual event based upon the regular geometric array of interference in response to the live visual event.
the extra light coming into the more open pupils produces additional halation, (halo effect) and 4 pointed to 8 pointed stars or wheels may form naturally and optically.
the copy that goes into the frontal cortex is prone to repetition: each transferred copy lasts much longer than normal, so when a series of transfers occurs they seem to have propagated. in fact they can propagate in a cascade of multiplication where one becomes 2 becomes 4 becomes 8 etc.

all three of these principles will generate geometric kinds of results upon visual events even when the visual events are totally organic and fleshy in content.

if you do get crosses or wheels, they will ramify into very widely feathered rainbow surrounds to lights in the visual field.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies