Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoo
addict -crazy as a shithouse rat
 User Gallery

Loc: Slingshit, China
Watch out for bees
    #1801244 - 08/11/03 10:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Just thought I'd remind all the folks out hunting, to not to forget about some of the dangers of tramping through the woods and pastures. I know most worry about snakes and farmers. But the wasps and bees will gladly ruin your hunting trip if you're not careful.
  I got nailed about 20 times yesterday on the back of my legs.  :sad:Those bastards lit me up. I accidently disturbed a guinea wasp nest and paid the price. The nest was attached to a ragweed plant, and very well hidden. Luckily I'm not allergic to the sting, but to someone who is, they could have been in a world of trouble.
Ya'll be careful.

doo

BTW, if you ever get stung on the dick, just tell the doc to kill the pain, but leave the swelling. Then you can give your girl a treat....... :wink:........hehehe............ :grin: 

--------------------
- Arguing with a woman, is like trying to blow out a light bulb-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Watch out for bees [Re: doo]
    #1804100 - 08/12/03 12:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

good advice. i don't think most people would think to worry about bees and wasps.

Quote:

BTW, if you ever get stung on the dick, just tell the doc to kill the pain, but leave the swelling. then you can give your girl a treat....... ........hehehe............

rofl...

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (08/12/03 12:19 AM)

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Re: Watch out for bees [Re: canid]
    #1804185 - 08/12/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone should watch out for bees. Allergies can develop for no reason, they can also come and go. For example, you could be allergic to cats for years, then for no reason at all you notice you aren't anymore, but you are allergic to pineapple now. with that being said, i found a hornet nest out in my pasture the other day. I had a huge pack of black cat firecrackers, i think it was a hundred strip, left over from the fourth. i had some fuse left from the fourth also. Anyway, i put about a foot of fuse on the main fuse of the firecracker strip. i toss that package to the bees front door and ran like a mofo. Blasted that shit all to hell. I know some of you may think this was wrong, but oh well. I have no need for hornets bigger than my thumb, i have enough yellow jackets to worry about.

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Watch out for bees [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1804410 - 08/12/03 02:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

haha good advice guys =D ***bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz**** o shit! /me ducks

Anonymous

deleted [Re: whole9]
    #1804890 - 08/12/03 08:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

deleted

Invisiblesubterranean
Peaceful Warrior
Loc: on the road
    #1804986 - 08/12/03 09:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i'm extremely allergic to bees.....not sure about wasps. when i go hiking, i always take something in case i'm stung. but when out hunting i usually don't have anything on me, which is pretty stupid cause the last time i got stung i swelled up in 15 minutes and was unconcious 15 minutes after that....

--------------------
If you got one foot in yesterday
And one foot in tomorrow
You are pissin' all over today

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
    #1805014 - 08/12/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Another problem most people dont think about is Ticks.. the last few times ive went when I got back in the car I had found a few crawling around, but none that bit yet. last time unfortunatly one bit me right under the armpit, not sure how he got there, heh. still have the bump where he was.

So from now on im taking some repellant

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Watch out for bees [Re: Cheebatoke]
    #1805986 - 08/12/03 02:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I hate bees  :razz:

Good advice on the swelling  :eyemouth:

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #1809406 - 08/13/03 01:00 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Another insect to add.. Chiggers. You can't really defend yourself against them, but they're quite annoying if you're attacked by them, you itch for days after you're bit (people think they get under your skin, I don't think this is true, I think it's just the way they eat your flesh that causes you to itch for so long). I've gotten into them a couple times while going through some thick woods. If you know an area is infested, try to avoid it.

Anyone know if DEET works against them?

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Re: Watch out for bees [Re: Aaladorn]
    #1809485 - 08/13/03 01:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you are correct, chiggers do not get under your skin. they do however create a hole in your skin that they eat from. after they are gone the hole remains open because they make a "straw" in your skin to feed from. that is what causes the itching, you will itch until the straw is absorbed, allowing the hole to close back over. DEET products are supposed to keep chiggers at bay, but i dont know first hand. I would never put that stuff on my skin.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Watch out for bees [Re: four20snakeman]
    #1809580 - 08/13/03 01:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ohhh man chiggers are horrible... Many times have i stumbled into a patch of them. They like to get around your belt line or places where clothes meet the skin. They will also get where the sun doesnt shine if you get my drift.

We always used to put nial polish on the bites to treat them i dunno if this works but i guess it worked for me

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Re: Watch out for bees [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #1812188 - 08/14/03 02:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The fingernail polish worked by psychosomtic reasons. Like i said before, they dont burrow under the skin. by time you are itching they are gone. chiggers are the larve stage of a insect.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom