Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Loc: North Carolina, US
Morels in NC?
    #1807360 - 08/12/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Can you find Morels in NC, I heard it was a good place to find them but haven't found any yet. If so where do they grow? I've looked all over in the woods for them but no luck, maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Oh yeah are there any edible corals?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: Morels in NC? [Re: Abracadabra]
    #1807561 - 08/12/03 09:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Morels can be found in North Carolina. You need to try in May.

There are several species of edible coral mushrooms. The biggest problem with corals is that they're difficult to identify accurately to species. If you want to try some, I'd advise avoiding any that are gelatinous inside (cut 'em in half to check) or taste peppery or bitter. As with any mushrooms, they will taste best when they are young and fresh. Pretty much all of them turn the color of cardboard as they age, so if your coral is cardboard colored it's probably well past its eat-me-by date. The best ones tend to have thick, solid bases and brightly colored tips.

You should also avoid eating very much of corals, because a lot of them seem to cause diarrhea. So eat in moderation.

Good luck and happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: Morels in NC? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1807733 - 08/12/03 10:09 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are there any poisenous corals and can you find morels during the summer? We've had alot of really good mushroom weather lately, I even seen a special on the news warning unexperienced mushroom pickers not to go out and pick because there are so many mushrooms out right now that there's a good chance they will pick the wrong kind.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #1808530 - 08/13/03 07:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There are coral species that have caused poisonings. But corals are difficult to identify accurately to species, even with a microscope.

Morels are a spring mushroom. Here in Colorado there are areas that will produce them into August, but I'm talking about places near timberline. At this time of year any mushrooms you find that resemble morels are by far more likely to be false morels, which are dangerous.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineAbracadabra
TetraHydraCannibinol
Re: Morels in NC? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1808843 - 08/13/03 10:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #1808878 - 08/13/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Morels are so peculiar that anything similar would be probably gyromitra which is a deadly poisonous shroom. Morels caps look more like a honeycomb while gyromitra looks more like a brain.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag