Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Wierd Intense Dreams....
    #1806872 - 08/12/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I've been having really wierd intense dreams lately...Some are Lucid dreams inside of dreams, where I go to sleep in a dream and have a lucid dream and wake up in the dream I went to sleep in and think about my lucid dream...Other dreams I wake up in dream after dream. Some dreams I get disoriented and I experience two different places at once, where I can tell I'm in two differnt places and I can see both, superimposed on eachother...

...Then I finally wake up to this concensus reality...and I'll ask myself, when am I going to wake up from this dream? What seperates it from the dream world? I can remember dreams wonderfully in lucid dreams, just as I can remember life in this reality. I'm really starting to understand the buddhist teachings about life being nothing more than what we consider dreams, an illusion.

Row, row, row your boat Gently down the
stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: CockyMandrill]
    #1806916 - 08/12/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Amen brother.

"A dream we dream alone is only a dream. A dream we dream together is reality."
- Yoko Ono

"All that we see or seem Is but a dream within a dream."
- Edgar Allan Poe - 1849

Sometimes I'll have dreams, and think that they happend in the day prior. I am 100% convinced till someone tells me that 'yesterday' we did something else. I check the calendar, and sure enough, then when the fuck did this other day occur? I guess in my dreams.

Other times i dont remember my dreams, but something will trigger my memory and confuse the shit out of me causing dejavu, or other feelings of damn...i swear i did this and this, but i know i never did it at the same time, im not physically able, or wealthy enough, or dont even know how! But i did it, musta been in a dream.

I love dreaming.

that song is the truth

Dreaming of that face again
Its bright, and blue, and shimmering
Grinning wide
And comforting me with its three warm wild eyes

On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs from my withered eye

In... Out... In... Out... In... Out...

A child's rhyme stuck in my head
It said that life is but a dream
I've spent so many years in question
To find I've known this all along.

PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE!

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Edited by root-ninja-tak (08/12/03 06:26 PM)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1806920 - 08/12/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think our attatchment to this "illusion" or why we find ourselves always coming back to "reality" is because this is the land of physical nature, without our ability to be Here and Now if you want to call it we might be in danger and die. But i wouldnt really call it so much an illusion. BEcause illusions are not real. I like to think of it more as layers. This reality is made of many different layers, and it is in itself a layer of a higher world, or higher understanding. Dreams are great man, you can go anywhere... see anything. Its whatever you want you know, you can explore yourself, explore others, multi layered concepts. You can do things in them which you dont have the resources to do in this world. You can make your own building blocks.

I remember waking up not too long ago.... and being in some half state of conciousness... and when i was there I could see my room. But when i looked at the room it loooked like from what i remember in the Second Renaissance in the Animatrix movie. The buddhist art? It looked like that, as if thats what the walls were made up of. A network.. so complex it forms what it does, and our eyes interpret it for one solid entity... a wall, instead of being the individual network. Mush like Mushrooms!!!!

--------------------
What?

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1807088 - 08/12/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. " - Thoreau

I read somewhere that DMT was released during lucid dreaming, which would make for a possible exit of the 'soul' if you believe DMT is the 'Spirit Molecule', and I do believe it is released during lucid dreaming because I wake up sometimes and will look on my night stand for my drink and I have seen a giraffe and rhino looking at me before, and I also will here my g/f talking to me (while she is sleeping soundly), and all kind of other hallucinations like patterns that are easily explained by the presence DMT.

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #1807527 - 08/12/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i was getting ready to make a post on this very topic, then i saw yours and saw that you said it all for me, except for one question that i have...

sometimes ill wake up and not know if i really woke up "this time"....freaks me out sometimes. i for one have never really given much thought to my dreams, except for the occasional "that was weird" but lately, my dreams have been getting way intence almost to the point of lucidity...maybe it is, im not sure, but it seems to me that im not quite to that point yet. i got a question about reoccuring dreams. whats up with these? ive had this one really fucked up dream like ten times a month for the past 5 months(give or take....dont really remember how many times i had it before i decided to start counting) do you think there is any underlying "meaning" to dreams, or are they just some form of sub concious entertainment while asleep? cuz if this dream does mean something....im scared as to what it might be trying to say

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: wrestler_az]
    #1807735 - 08/12/03 10:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i think they mean things, but they are also entertainment. The truth sometiems hurts but there is alot of room for misinterpretation. Dreams are pretty wacky man.

Try and become lucid, its fun. If you wake up and are not sure if you are dreaming, try and fly..whats the worst that could happen. :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1807741 - 08/12/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I started experiencing the same thing as well about 2 months ago (I made a post about it here I think), and since then my dreams have continued to be VERY vivid and intense. It's hard for me to even differentiate dream memories from waking memories sometimes because the two have become so similar. I've also had a dramatic increase in lucidity as well as false awakenings. I'll "wake up" in a dream like 3 or 4 times in a row, and I'm like, Am I awake for real this time? LOL it gets annoying. I wonder why this is happening to so many people recently.

InvisibleTeragon
Noddy

Loc: Lost in the Patterns
    #1807747 - 08/12/03 10:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I find it intriguing that many of you are having very intense weird vivid/lucid dreams as of recent. Within the past two weeks I too have had many intense extremely vivid and/or lucid dreams, which is not normal for me(heavy pot usage clouds my dreams most of the time). They keep getting more and more vivid and/or lucid. Five days ago I was consciously controlling a extreme high by turning it on and off in my dream after realizing I was dreaming. My memories of last nights adventures are so damn real it is eery. Hmmm? :grin: 

--------------------
need that cash to feed them jones.

Anonymous

Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: Teragon]
    #1807758 - 08/12/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Another one! Holy hell. Coincidence?  :crazy:

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: tak]
    #1807765 - 08/12/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

just so long i dont try this lil experiment from atop a cliff :wink: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: ]
    #1807766 - 08/12/03 10:16 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

conspiracy

--------------------

OfflinePyronate
Prying open mythird eye

Loc: Forever I walk among the ...
Re: Wierd Intense Dreams.... [Re: ]
    #1807840 - 08/12/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

And I as well... I have also been having unusually vivid lucid dreams of late.

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom... keep that in mind at all times."

--Bill Hicks (RIP)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1808169 - 08/13/03 01:24 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

My Dreams are always VIvid. I wouldnt say that they are always lucid... as in im in complete waking thought but out of reality... or out of this physical reality. A lot of people could care less about their dreams, they say they dont matter, they arent real, they have no basis for analysis because they deviate from "logical" or real thoughts. (some of the things i hear from people talking about dreamers, the things i read in books, those feelings i get from people i see... etc). THink about the opposite of being awake or in physical reality, thats being asleep... Dreaming :wink:. So to me that makes it just as equally valid for analysis, for forming ones thoughts. But to talk to someone who is in that world of logical progressive thought, a person in the dreamworld will look or feel like your on drugs. Cause i mean come on... what do you think everyone waits for when they take hallucinogenic drugs? They want a deviant or an increase in certain parts of reality. Much like what dreams are... we can make what we want out of our dreams... much like we can all take drugs for what we want. Im not trying to make some sad slam together progression of thoughts.... But the dream world is an equally valid experience in my perception. Although i have come to use dreams as an escape for some bad shit in my life, they have proven worthwhile after when i have decided to come down from the dream clouds and really give my life a different look, no drugs, not living in the dreworld etc. Much like some people use drugs to give a deviant of their perception on life or existance. People need to dream, they need to hope, they need to be questioned about what they think about themselves, about their life, without the use of drugs. Prying into the very essence of our subjective reality. Cause i believe that if we do not, our attempts or doing anything with who we are is in vain, cause without looking into yourself how can you see who you are. If you cant see who you are, how do you expect to make a progression with your life, or those lives around you. How can you expect to feel fufilled about the positive things you try to make in your life.

Ive posted this before, about the dream i had with Mr. Mushrooms, how he taught me how to fight off the killer nothings. Without my interest in my dreams, making my progression in analysis of my dreams, would i have made it out of a stage of my depression?

Look at the clouds... really look at them. See how high they are... how beautiful... in their random form of formlessness. Think about your dreams... and how they seem to follow something of the same.

have fun, be careful, remember where you are.

--------------------
What?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1808354 - 08/13/03 03:43 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I had quite the experience last night, with these intense dreams. I haven't tried astral projecting for awhile now, as I've had some fears that have came out and ruined everything, but I attempted again last night. I have always been getting all sorts of weird feelings, just when I am laying down, so it seems like it just wants to come out, and last night, I tried again. I put an end to the fears when they arrived, telling them that if there really is an alien out there, that I was really going to have something bad happen to me tonight, it will just happen, because I am surrendering. I just sort of gave up, and the fears had to go to.

I lost any sort of feeling of where my arms and legs really where, I was super relaxed. Then I just started paying attention to my breathing, and instantly things got really bizzare.. the sound of wind, intense vibrations, and the space that you see when you stare into your eyelids took on a new dimension... it felt that I wasn't going to be able to continue like this for very longer, that I was either going out or staying in, and then I heard this really loud noice outside my window, a car or a ship on the fjord, and it sounded different because of the state I was in, and I opened my eyes, sort of stopped everything, in other words: I blew it. Life came back into my arms, they actually hurt.

Anyways, I ended up just going to sleep, and I had quite the dreams, it was amazing. I can't really describe, it wasn't that they were any different than any other dream, really, it was just what they were about.. and everything was just a little bit clearer, the reception, so to speak. I ended up waking up at 4:20, seriously, and quickly drifted back into my dreams, but I was still barely awake. I don't know what I was dreaming, but it was definitely something very bizzare, not anything I've dreamnt about before.. as if I was waiting for something, it was coming, and it seemed like it had arrived, and I suddenly lunged up in my bed, woke back up, making some kind of weird moaning sound. I don't know what the fuck happened, or what I was dreaming about, but it has me thinking...

Also, has anyone hear noticed that when you wake up, you always sort of remember at least one thing that happened in your dream, if you try, and a sort of feeling of the dream comes with it? And then, when you lie back into bed that night, the feeling sort of comes back, along with the thought of your dream the night before.. it seems like I always get this. I've been thinking about what this means, but I won't get into that now.. anyone else feel that, know what I am saying?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1808527 - 08/13/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

wrestler_az said:
i was getting ready to make a post on this very topic, then i saw yours and saw that you said it all for me, except for one question that i have...

sometimes ill wake up and not know if i really woke up "this time"....freaks me out sometimes. i for one have never really given much thought to my dreams, except for the occasional "that was weird" but lately, my dreams have been getting way intence almost to the point of lucidity...maybe it is, im not sure, but it seems to me that im not quite to that point yet. i got a question about reoccuring dreams. whats up with these? ive had this one really fucked up dream like ten times a month for the past 5 months(give or take....dont really remember how many times i had it before i decided to start counting) do you think there is any underlying "meaning" to dreams, or are they just some form of sub concious entertainment while asleep? cuz if this dream does mean something....im scared as to what it might be trying to say

Dreams are from your subconcious, and your subconcious is a higher form of conciousness that acts in rather abstract ways. It is also said that your energy body astral projects without you remembering it conciously to high levels of the astral plane where space and time do not exist, adn these memories would come back to your subconcious...So if some random thing from your subconcious is pulled out and displayed in your dream it might really mean something important or be a warning of whats to come.

Also, if you think you know what something in particular means in a dream, and you start truely believing that, it will reappear with that meaning in future dreams even if it didnt really mean it in the first place.

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#1809271 - 08/13/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i try to never put any kind of meaning to any of my dreams, to me that just seems silly. except this is the first time that ive had my dreams repeat....and that weirds me out. my really hard core christian friend is convinced that god himself is trying to tell me something....now i dont believe that, but a part of me has to think somethings up....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

OfflineCockyMandrill
addict

#1809472 - 08/13/03 01:12 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Your dreams come from a deep unbaised part of your mind, which can be either very meaningful or could just be nonsense. Now what will it hurt to try to search for meaning in your dreams if it can help you see what parts of your life you need to improve or things that may help you be prepared for future events. Your subconcious is infinitely more knowledgable than you concious mind...so what sense does it make to ignore it?

Onlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

#1810512 - 08/13/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

im not sure, my whole life i been told dreams are dreams, thats it....so i guess i got used to ignoring them. but as of late as they have become increasingly more intence to a point where they feel almost as real as my awake life ive started wondering if maybe theres more to them than i thought. let me tell you about the one in question, the one ive been having quite often....

im at my old church. i remember going every week as a kid, but as i got older it seemed my family just started losing interest in it so we gradually quit going. i think the last time i was there was when i was 13... anyway, im at this church, but it is WAY bigger than i remembered. it is packed, with about 100,000 people (thats just a guess) and im up in front of them standing with my pastor. he and i are both wearing these funky looking robes, they remind me of the kind that the druids are usually portrayed as wearing, with the big hoods and all. im about 6 or 7 in this dream, and i am scared. very scared, sometimes when i have this dream i remember crying. he talks to the croud, i cant quite hear what he says sounds kinda muffled to me. but the crowd seems to like it cuz they keep interupting him to cheer. where his pulpit used to be is this bird-bath-look-a-like thing with fire in it instead of water. in this fire is a metal rod.when the pastor is done talking he takes this metal rod out of the fire and brands my forehead with some kind of symbol on the end of the rod. the crowd cheers again, and this is usually when i wake up.....

so thats my dream. ive tryed to get a glimpse of what the symbol looks like, but that part of the dream goes so fast, i cant get a good look at it. i think im gonna go to the church next sunday....that might help stir some things up, but a part of me is terrified to do that. im not sure why...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1812947 - 08/14/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Man, I just had a dream that I was guilty of murder, but I didn't do it, but I had no money for a lawyer and the system was working against me. It sucked. Then this lady picked me up, and she had a wonderful feel to her, and she said we were driving to the newspaper or something. Next thing I know is im in a gift shop somewhere complaining cause when i was at mcdonalds, my car broke down, and they wouldnt let me use thier phone. I was pissed cause the only reason it broke down was I turned it off to go inside after they messed up my drive through order! Then I went 'home' and woke up.

--------------------

OfflineLaxy

#1813660 - 08/14/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, same thing happened to me a few times. I thoght I was goin insane for a while, lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order