Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Morning Glory "Wine"
    #1804844 - 08/12/03 09:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have read on Erowid a short description of how to make Morning Glory wine from the flowers.  All it really says is to put the flowers in water and let it steep for a week or two.  I searched the archives here and it appears that concretefeet is the only one with experience making this "wine".

My friend and I collected many flowers (approx. 70) and put them in what I would guess was about 1 liter of water.  This was in a plastic container and after several hours of sitting, my friend noticed that the container was starting to pressurize, which he claimed was a good sign (I have no experience in stills or steeping, so I took his word for it), and the color of the water changed to a deep purple (dye from the flowers I'm assuming).

I have a couple of questions to present:

1.) Does anyone have any experience with making this wine?  The archives suggest that it wouldn't ferment because of a lack of sugars(?), making it more of a tea...any ideas on that?

2.) Would there be any way to introduce sugars(?) so it would be possible for this concoction to ferment? 

3.) What would be a good ratio for # of flowers:mL of water?

I imagine pulverized seeds (minus the brown casing?  or is this irrelevant?) could be added to the water and then strain the whole thing out after the steeping process to add a significant amount of LSA to it.  Any ideas on this?

Just seems like sipping on good-tasting wine that has LSA in it would be a very fun thing to do.  :grin: 

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #1804873 - 08/12/03 09:48 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That's interesting. Keep us posted.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: MindTrap]
    #1805154 - 08/12/03 12:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

are you trying to ferment morning glory tea in hopes to have it produce alcohol too?

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineTattooedSoul
Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: Infrared]
    #1805196 - 08/12/03 12:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmmmmm,
Being a zymurgist experienced in making wines similar to this, I would assume that the "wine" could be chaptalized with table sugar and a wine yeast added for alcohol production. Wine making is an easy art to learn and a frustrating puzzle to master. You should have good results with about any try if you use GOOD WINE YEAST! DON'T use BEER yeast and DON'T use bread yeast.

I would start with 5 gallons of clean filtered water. I would add probably 1# to 5 # of flowers but no seeds. Pitch in the yeast and add 5 to 8 pounds of table sugar and mix thoroughly. Once this is mixed put the must in a 5 gal glass carboy and fix an air lock bubbler.

Allow to ferment until all action stops and the must clears somewhat (probably up to 28 days).

Once it reaches "almost clear" siphon the wine off into another five gallon container and clean out the carboy. Siphon wine back into the clean carboy and add as much lightly ground "Skinless" seed material as you dare and add two cups more sugar to reinvigorate the fermentation. Stir this daily until the last three days. Allow this to come to an end as well and partially clear (probably another 14 days).

NOW, siphon the wine back into the 5 gal container and clean the carboy once more. Siphon the wine back into carboy and stir in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup bentonite clay finings (Mix the clay very well in warm water first). Do not stir during this period! This will clear the wine to crystal clear in about 1 week. Once clear siphon into bottles leaving the dregs behind.

Saving the seeds until the first (primary fermentation) is finished will aid in LSA extraction by having an amount of ethanol available along with some tannins and acids produced by fermentation.

I will also state that cleanliness is of UTMOST importance throughout the entire process, just as it is in growing shrooms (legal ones of course).

If you really want control you will get the proper tools and monitor specific gravity (hydrometer) and temperature (thermometer) and write down all points every time you mess with the wine in any way. Also don't forget to write down every step and all quantities used.

AND MOST important, BE CAREFULL with your finished product, ALWAYS REMEMBER IT IS NOT JUST WINE, BUT SOMETHING VERY SPECIAL AND POWERFULL AND POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS.

start out "slow and low"
untill you know how much to drink!
good luck.

Edited by TattooedSoul (08/12/03 12:50 PM)

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: TattooedSoul]
    #1808514 - 08/13/03 08:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you very much for the post, it was very informative.  I plan on experimenting with this over the next couple of months and your post saved me an immeasurable amount of time.  Thanks again! :grin:

I'll keep you all posted as I make progress (it may be quite slow, I'm fairly busy right now, so bear with me). 

--------------------

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #1814793 - 08/14/03 08:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You could make wine and when the wine is finished put the MG flowers in it and let it soak for 2 weeks. if your lucky you get blue wine.

Or make wine with MG flowers in it. I made benadik wine. Wine with herbs and flowers in it. Nasty wine flavor not for mind expanding drug just a odd wine i wanted to make.

The raito for fruit like plum, cherry, grape, and orange is 4 pounds of fruit(this is peeled, de-stoned or what have you) to 1L h20.

so 3-4 pounds of ready fruit to 1L h20 not including sugar.

And more sugar = more alchole %. To a point then the alchole % gets to strong and kills the yeast this happens at +/-17%

What i can tell you from a frist hand experance is poppy wine i got 1L homemade gooseberry wine laying around. So i added 20 green poppy pods to it about the size of penny at biggest. These were persains whites.
End results a strong opium wine about 3 shots gets a good nod going on.

--------------------
DO what I Would

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: Remut]
    #1814802 - 08/14/03 08:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

neat!  :grin:

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: Remut]
    #1816154 - 08/15/03 07:12 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Wow. Thanks for the excellent replies, guys. You have inspired me to do much more research in this field as it's something that I haven't read much about (nor was very interested in prior to this thread). Imagine all the possibilities! The opium wine sounds very interesting.

--------------------

OfflineTattooedSoul
    #1816359 - 08/15/03 10:29 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

*********WARNING*********

Once you fall into the "Zymurgy hole" the only way out is to "Spend" your way out! :eyemouth: :nut: :oogle: 

Offlinehippiehomestead
Stranger
Re: Morning Glory "Wine" [Re: TattooedSoul]
    #20402796 - 08/11/14 11:15 AM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I have been making my own Morning Glory wine for about 5 years. It is very simple to make, and apposed to what people may believe, wine made with morning glory flowers alone is very delicious. All you have to do is collect a bunch of morning glory flowers, (I use the blue and purple varieties) put them in whatever container you are fermenting in, You want the container to be nearly full of loosely piled flowers. Next add plenty of white sugar, I use between 1-2 cups sugar per gallon of water so that when the fermentation is complete, it is still very sweet. Next add hot water(not boiling, as it might kill flavors and other compounds) and stir or shake until all sugar is dissolved. leave 2-3 inches of air space in the container, especially in bottles and jugs with small necks, if not, it will get messy when it starts to ferment.  No need to add yeast, as the flowers naturally ferment without yeast. If your going to put a tight lid on it, make sure to check it to release the pressure several times a day. After about 2 days it will start fermenting rapidly. give it a week of fermenting, or longer if desired, and the result is a very appealing and delicious wine, that is very bubbly. It may not have any psychoactive qualities, but I feel a different kind of tingle when drinking this wine.

Edited by hippiehomestead (08/11/14 11:41 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden