Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
What would cause you to stop Taking drugs?
    #1804563 - 08/12/03 03:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was going to post this in OTD, but i decided to post it here, i would like to hear some of the more philosophical viewpoints on this.

I was thinking about it, and danger's, and law's, and rule's, and whatever else...they all have effect on me. Almost...first and foremost, i see myself as a drug user, a scientist in his own mind, and i couldnt lose that. I COULDNT, it is part of my identity to seek answer's about human nature through as many different mind set's as possible, and in a self fulfilling loop...the same collective experience's bring about more question's. (im not saying i use drug's exclusively to find answer's...but in the greater picture the altered perspective on ANYTHING while on any substance is what i value most of the experience.)

I know that some of these substance's are bad, less than healthy, or less than ideal..not to mention, illegal, stigmatized, demonized, etc. YET, the pro's so outweigh the con's without a doubt. There is nothing that can i can conceive which would make me change my perspective on drug's...but i do acknoledge people like Richard Alpert who basically got all they could out of substance use, and had to move to the next step. Perhaps, one day that will happen to me, but honestly...I dread the day i choose to not use drug's, existance wont be the same without.
Drug's are the food of the mind, and i cant starve myself.

Im a druggie for life (for lack of better wording). How about you? Will you grow out of it, or have you been at it for 35 year's already and are just getting started?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: PDU]
    #1804606 - 08/12/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What could cause me to stop? Not finding them, or them interfering with my Experience here..

To me, it is just a very small part of the equation, I am just a man, trying to be me and seek many experiences...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleLazerouth
Drunkard

Loc: England
Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1804618 - 08/12/03 04:10 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

iff my docterr sayts "If you taker amynore druugs your penis wil falls off"

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: Lazerouth]
    #1804641 - 08/12/03 04:21 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lazerouth said:
iff my docterr sayts "If you taker amynore druugs your penis wil falls off"

ahaha, and thats why i avoided OTD, valid enough answer though.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1804667 - 08/12/03 04:32 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, but the doctor isn't always right... listen to what others tell you, question their sources and their reasons for saying it, and decide for yourself... Educate yourself. hehe. And I don't know if I'd risk too much on the subject, either, myself. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1804710 - 08/12/03 05:04 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

yes, i have very good experience to know that the doctor isnt always right, and i trust my own research alot more than...well, pretty much anyone else im likely to meet in a very long time.

Its kind of pathetic that i cant classify myself as anything more fitting than a "drug user". I suppose as i grow older ill assume other role's "father" "husband" "*insert career title here*" But at this stage im just a student and a drug user, i read about people who like...finish college and just stop taking shroom's, say they dont need them anymore and whatever. When my friend asked me "Do you actually see yourself using these drug's when your 30?" And i couldnt even fathom my existance without them, my future cater's to my drug use, I scoffed and went off on him.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #1804778 - 08/12/03 05:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Maybe when they become legal and popular nation-wide and they make a program called Martha Stewart: Tripping.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: Grav]
    #1804791 - 08/12/03 06:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Heh but seriously....
Well here's a few reasons why I stopped smoking weed for a month: (I'm taking the occasional toke now)

#1 the last time I was on mushrooms, the voices in my head told me to

#2 a drastic new responsible outlook on life was needed, and I clear head was required for such a thing.  I consider my future now.

#3 to prove I could

#4 it's nice to be able to focus and remember what you did the day before

#5 more vivid dreams

#6 been feeling bad about being high around my grandparents too much, want to develop a more sober attitude in general just because I'm living under their roof.  Respect towards them I guess...

#7 if i got busted for posession they might yank my school loans and I'd be fucked.

#9 tripping and getting high got too boring and repetitive

#8 change is good

#9 to rediscover the whole joy of altering your consciousness, and the freedom it entails.

#10 to stop escaping,  and realize that completing a homework assignment holds just as much merit in my life as getting High, and that I should never disturb that balance.

#11 sometimes reality is more of a trip than any drug could be.  it's good to get high on that as well.

#12 give the ol lungs some relief

:stash:  :tongue2::stash: :tongue2: :stash: :tongue2: :stash: :tongue2::thumbdown:

:wtf: :smirk: :wtf: :ooo: :wtf: :crazy: :heart: :spliff: :sun: = :thumbup:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1804795 - 08/12/03 06:12 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck the other people, who give up because they don't think they will need them at 30, or whatever. Why the fuck were they doing them in the first place? Because they were young, and it is cool to do?

I know some people who do mushrooms every once and awhile, to sort of look around, see where they are at and where they are going, to remind them of the sacredness, for a new perspective and a new experience on LIFE. I know people that use marijuana to sort of experience some things more (hard to explain, really), to see things a little differently, to let your mind go off and explore this whole damn thing...

It is important to not tie yourself in with the drugs themself, do them too much, let them control you.. at least important for me. Like I said earlier, it isn't something that I define myself with. Technically, there isn't anything wrong with doing that, either, but I'm going for a broader experience, that doesn't stay limited to the drugs themself.

Once again, I question the reasons that those who just sort of stop when they are older had for taking them in the first place... I'm not saying that there aren't good reasons for doing so, but a lot of people.. I don't know.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1804796 - 08/12/03 06:14 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Good reasons, by the way, Grav.

Reasoning for doing anything is entirely subjective, what works for one doesn't work for the other, etc. It's all in our own heads..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1804798 - 08/12/03 06:18 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think they are selling out, I think they just have too much to think about and they come to the realization that drugs get in the way. Or they become sincerely tired with the lifestyle and want to move on to accomplish and see more in their lifetime than the backs of their eyelids telling the story of creation.

When you are young you don't have much responsibility so you can afford to get high and explore your mind and the infinite ponderings of the universe.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

#1804825 - 08/12/03 06:52 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I can relate with your quitting marijuana Grav, ive done it myself...
Since my drastic new responsible life change/happiness has come, ive been toking less...and its better, it's just all around better, getting high is better, saving money, not stressing about it, the ritual...

Im kind of thinking along the sameline's as firework's on the "Why the fuck were they doing them in the first place? Because they were young, and it is cool to do?" Thats about the reality of the situation.
I find myself looking into the future with alot more detailed introspection than....well, nearly anyone i know. I think these people just see part of growing up as quitting drug's and settling down, nice car, big house, 2.5 kids...and you know the stats.

Drug's still have that irresponsible glow to them, the two word's just co exist and are often related, part of getting older is gaining responsibility, and losing the irresponsible aspects of life...is, I GUESS, how they see things.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1804828 - 08/12/03 06:56 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"Reasoning for doing anything is entirely subjective, what works for one doesn't work for the other, etc. It's all in our own heads.."

couldn't have said it any better. To answer why one would quit one has to really ask, why is one doing the drugs in the first place. shit the first reason I took any drugs was because they were a new concept for me. Had no idea at the time that I could use them to better my life, mentally and/or spiritually until I met a couple of people who told me (btw this board has really shown me the spiritual aspects, especially since there are so many good ideas floating around). But I digress, quitting them also depends on your situation. if you're spending too much money, doing way too much too often, your life's running shitty (because of the drugs), then that would be a sure fire bet to quit.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: kaiowas]
    #1804843 - 08/12/03 07:13 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, well...i seem to have allowed the thread to go offtopic from my original intention, perhaps i can rephrase;

Alot of us here do consider drug's fairly important to our existance, most of us are not criminal's or causing any disturbance in the functioning of society, we are good people, and we like to see thing's from a different perspective in order to help straighten out our life and thoughts. Some have been doing this for year's on end, and consider drug's (entheogens?) very important to their existance. What would make you (or perhaps has) made you stop taking drug's?

The only situation which i can see this happening for me, is if i move into meditation and breathing practice's....

There is just no way im going to live and not change my brain chemistry.

Anyways, im sorry, this has turned into a pile of incoherent mess, im really tired...and i guess thats my excuse.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #1804895 - 08/12/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Damit, i have become a cultural exception, a freak in society just to justify why there's no age or social will that can change my mind. The real purpose in my life is not drugs, is living and if drugs comes with it and i can handle it without affecting others, there's no reason i should quit.
In fact there's a time when you have to rethink your drug habits in order to "act" in society, most people don't feel comfortable in doing so, shit, they should. That's the only way to get with life and drugs at the same time.
I'm almost 30, i have a family and daughter which i love, i work, i pay my IRS and i have my circle of junkie friends which go out with my non junkie friends and nobody gives a fuck about others life. I do THC everyday since i'm 18, shrooms and other pshycadelics a couple of times per year. I can tell you, if i didn't, i surely will not have so many great friends, met so many open minded people and will never have managed to become what i am today. I could have become a robot in this society, believe me, most of them don't do drugs.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: MAIA]
    #1804967 - 08/12/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to hear that you pay your taxes, but then again - you ARE almost 30. *sigh* What happened to the revolution?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: Swami]
    #1805295 - 08/12/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

the day I stop using drugs is the day they cease to benefit me in any way.

After all, any intelligent being will stop engaging in pointless behavior eventually.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1805335 - 08/12/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Im going to have to say all of Grav's 12. Ill substitue his grandparents for my mom, shes done nearly everything for me. As far as raising and support, and i think i owe it to her to be responsible. I want to give something back to her one day.

plus im going to add a few.

13. The fact that sometimes i felt like everything would slip away, like ive felt it do before, and i really dont like that. That could put me in a really bad place

14. Paranoia of being killed, or that my life was going to end any second.

15. I need to tackle my problems, instead of run away from them while spacing my mind out on psychadelic drugs. This seems as if its only multiplied the severity of the problems and given me a hard time to try and stand up on my own.

16. College starts in 2 weeks!

I dont want to fuck my dreams up! its time for a change, and ooo is it ever welcome.

--------------------
What?

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1805548 - 08/12/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

b/c putting foriegn chems into ones body isnt healthy for it. would you allow yourself to become obese? prolly not, personally, to me, a healthy body and mind are essential.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: What would cause you to stop Taking drugs? [Re: Swami]
    #1805556 - 08/12/03 12:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

What happened to the revolution?

Which revolution ? Anyway, the only tangible revolution i support is the mind revolution. That happened to me and others like me some years ago, more will follow.
I believe we must think before getting into action.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order