Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePussyFart
Retired Cultivation Extrodinaire
Male

Loc: Orbiting Earth
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coir from bag/Verm Substrate Ratios & Pasteurization/Sterilization??? [Re: chucklehead]
    #18040210 - 03/31/13 10:57 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Sounds like a plan, Ill be here...

I'm not goin anywhere.

:peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetreid2
Mr.
 User Gallery

Re: Coir from bag/Verm Substrate Ratios & Pasteurization/Sterilization??? [Re: PussyFart]
    #18043128 - 04/01/13 05:06 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Here's my problem:

The Pet store salesman convinced me that a bag of coir (more money) is better than a brick of coir, and since I am still a NOOB (definitely not going to be after the many mistakes I made this first go at it), I purchased the bag of coir not thinking "how am I gonna figure out how much to use, since it is not compressed?"

Again, I want to spawn about 7 pints (80% full) of WBS, which would be about 3.5+ quarts, and I want to spawn it to Coir/Verm substrate (Don't even mention gypsum - I've been looking everywhere but most garden suppliers are just stocking their products, so it has been hard to find; gonna go without this first time).

My problem is that I can't figure out how many CUPS of this NON-COMPRESSED COIR to use, as well as the VERM.

I can't seem to figure out the ratio when using non-compressed, and I also don't have a scale, so I can't weigh-out 650 grams.

Is there a way to just fill something up to eye out how much non-compressed coir to use? For example: can I fill empty pint jars with coir that has not yet been hydrated (really light) and just work out a 2 verm/coir:1 spawn ratio that way???

Put simply, I don't know how much Coir and verm to add to the bucket before hydrating, since I am not using the brick.

--------------------

"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!"
— King Lear Act 1, scene 2.

Damion5050's Coir Tek
PF Tek

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: milkyway.usa
Re: Coir from bag/Verm Substrate Ratios & Pasteurization/Sterilization??? [Re: treid2]
    #18043296 - 04/01/13 05:56 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

home depot sells gypsum. also hydrated lime can be found online.  wormcastings at about any hydro store

--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Offlineboneynerd
Mushway! EatFresh!
Male User Gallery

Loc: milkyway.usa
Re: Coir from bag/Verm Substrate Ratios & Pasteurization/Sterilization??? [Re: boneynerd]
    #18043300 - 04/01/13 05:58 PM (11 years, 17 days ago)

:laugh:

--------------------
"Your mama's grow was so contaminated, the shroomery got trich." :headbanger:
-SpitballJediS

"your a female, no one woulda cared you were naked,hell probably made someone's day, but I pull my balls out on a bus and im the bad guy.."
-Bishlap

Edited by boneynerd (04/01/13 05:59 PM)

Offlinetreid2
Mr.
 User Gallery

Re: Coir from bag/Verm Substrate Ratios & Pasteurization/Sterilization??? [Re: boneynerd]
    #18044755 - 04/02/13 01:21 AM (11 years, 16 days ago)

Screw it.

just gonna pick up bricks tomorrow.

It seems like 16 cups of non-compressed would equal a brick at 650 grams - but buying a brick seems to be better than trying to figure this craziness out.

Never buying the fluff coir again!
:boo:

--------------------

"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!"
— King Lear Act 1, scene 2.

Damion5050's Coir Tek
PF Tek

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag