Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol * 1
    #18033488 - 03/30/13 03:13 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Alcohol and Benzos are so pleasant and relaxing. Too bad they are also terribly addictive and dangerous! What is a person to do?

Found quite a few cool things you guys might be interested in. I am on some of these right now and I can attest they seem to work quite well, although I will continue to update this thread as I go through them. I am testing all these natural herbal supplements that are supposed to be euphoric, sedating, anxiolytic, calming, relaxing, peaceful, hypnotic effects. These are legal, safe, natural, and effective!

So here they are:

Valerian Root:

Valerian root is purported to possess sedative and anxiolytic effects. It can also be classified as a drug, since its consumption produces a sedative or medicinal effect. These effects are suspected to be mediated through the GABA receptor. A remedy for insomnia. Valerian extracts appear to have some affinity for the GABAA receptor, a class of receptors on which benzodiazepines are known to act.

Valerian is most often used to treat insomnia. It can be considered an alternative treatment instead of hypnotic drugs. It is also sometimes used as an alternative for sedatives, such as benzodiazapines in the treatment of certain anxiety disorders. It has also been used in alternative medicine to treat symptoms such as nervous tension, excitability, and stress, and as a muscle relaxant.

Pharmagaba:

Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is a major neurotransmitter widely distributed throughout the central nervous system. Because too much excitation can lead to irritability, restlessness, sleeplessness, and spasmodic movements, this excitation needs to be balanced with inhibition. GABA – the most important inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain – can provide this inhibition, acting like a "brake" during times of runaway stress.* In addition, studies also indicate GABA can promote relaxation and enhance sleep.* It is thought that either low GABA levels or decreased GABA function in the brain may have an adverse impact on neurological health.*

The natural GABA in Thorne's PharmaGABA-100 is produced via a fermentation process that utilizes Lactobacillus hilgardii, the bacteria used to ferment vegetables in the preparation of the traditional Korean cabbage dish known as kimchi. Clinical studies show this natural form of GABA can increase the production of alpha-waves in the brain, creating a profound sense of physical relaxation while maintaining mental focus.* In contrast, the stress-related beta-waves in the brain are decreased.* In addition to changes in brain waves, natural PharmaGABA has been shown to produce relaxation, as evidenced by reduced pupil diameter, heart rate, and two natural markers of stress – salivary cortisol and chromogranin A.* In a head-to-head, double-blind trial of natural PharmaGABA versus synthetic GABA, synthetic GABA did not demonstrate these positive effects

Suntheanine (L-Theanine):

Theanine is an analog to glutamine and glutamate, and can cross the blood–brain barrier. Induces changes in alpha waves as shown by EEG.[9] Alpha waves occur in the brain and are associated with relaxation. Able to cross the blood–brain barrier, theanine has psychoactive properties.[10] Theanine has been studied for its potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress,[11] improve cognition[12] and boost mood. its primary effect seems to increase the overall level of the brain inhibitory transmitter GABA[citation needed]. Theanine also increases brain dopamine levels.

Passionflower:

is used to treat insomnia, hysteria, and epilepsy. Many species have been found to contain beta-carboline harmala alkaloids,[13][14] which are MAO inhibitors with anti-depressant properties.

the leaves and the roots are often more potent and have been used to potentiate the effects of mind-altering drugs. It is used in sedative tea mixtures.

Kava:

sedative and anesthetic properties. more effective than placebo at treating short-term social anxiety. "it produces mild euphoria and relaxation".[25] In a traditional setting, a moderately potent kava drink causes effects within 20–30 minutes that last for about two and a half hours, but can be felt for up to eight hours. Some report longer-term effects up to two days after ingestion, including a feeling of mental clarity, patience, and an ease of acceptance. The effects of kava are most often compared to alcohol, or diazepam.[26]

California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica)

An aqueous extract of the plant has sedative and anxiolytic action.[8] The extract acts as a mild sedative when smoked. The effect is far milder than that of opium. An aqueous alcohol extract of Eschscholzia californica has been evaluated for benzodiazepine, neuroleptic, antidepressant, antihistaminic and analgesic properties. appeared to possess an affinity for the benzodiazepine receptor.

Blue lotus (Nymphaea caerulea):

, blue lotus flowers are used to make various concoctions including blue lotus tea, wine and martinis. Recent studies have shown Nymphaea caerulea to have mild psycho-active properties. Nymphaea caerulea is distantly related to, and possesses similar activity to Nelumbo nucifera, the Sacred Lotus. Both Nymphaea caerulea and Nelumbo nucifera contain the alkaloids nuciferine and aporphine.[. mildly sedating effects.

Kratom (Mitragyna speciosa):

is a psychoactive. promote an uplifting mood. a natural alternative to treat depression, anxiety, addiction, diabetes, chronic pain and fatigue and sleeplessness.

As I said, I have purchased all of these and am going to test them all out as well as combinations. I will keep you posted.

Right now I am on 125 mg L-theanine, 200 mg pharmagaba, and 225mg valerian extract.

I am feeling it STRONGLY. I am relaxed, sedating, a bit sleepy, and "high"... a body and mind buzz something like alcohol.

Looking forward to this! very excited by all of this. Its going to make it really easy not to get hooked on etizolam- I can use all this stuff as alternatives and save etizolam and benzos for rare occasions.

Hope you enjoy!

:somagnificent:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (03/30/13 03:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: Moonshoe] * 1
    #18033497 - 03/30/13 03:18 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I'll just keep enjoying a bottle of whiskey every evening.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: something super extreme] * 2
    #18033525 - 03/30/13 03:26 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I like your new avatar much better.

--------------------

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: Moonshoe]
    #18033528 - 03/30/13 03:27 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

The President: Reloaded.

The guy who did that one has done quite a few other presidents, to similar hilarious effect.
The FDR one is amazing.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: something super extreme]
    #18033555 - 03/30/13 03:33 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Cool!

Holy shit I don't know if I am going to be able to stay awake at work tonight. Good thing its just my timid little hindu buddy today and not a manager.

--------------------

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

#18033560 - 03/30/13 03:34 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Where do you work?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: something super extreme]
    #18033564 - 03/30/13 03:35 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

The pentagon.

--------------------

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

#18033568 - 03/30/13 03:35 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

That would probably put me to sleep as well.
I work in a dungeon full of computers and numbers.

:kingtard:

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #18033569 - 03/30/13 03:36 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

GHB is natural brah

:stircauldron:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: Beanhead]
    #18033574 - 03/30/13 03:37 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Never tried or seen it. But I think you can still buy GBL legally right? Its a precursor that is also psychoactive as I understand it. Might look into it if it is still legal.

I also use phenibut and etizolam but those are not natural, but they are legal. Also heard of baclofen but never tried it.

--------------------

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

#18033590 - 03/30/13 03:43 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Hehe was really joking but yeah depending on location GBL is still legal. Making GHB however isn't so not really a legal alternative.

it's definetly loads of fun though but looking at the list of what you're using now i'd stick to that.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #18033614 - 03/30/13 03:48 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

I just drink mouthwash...

--------------------

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: Patlal]
    #18033634 - 03/30/13 03:52 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

:lolsy: yeah sucks to be you

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#18033686 - 03/30/13 04:05 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Just added 400mg of California poppy to the mix. Never heard of this one, but its a cousin of the opium poppy with different but still active alkaloids.

Should be interesting.

--------------------

Offlinexbloodwhipx

#18033763 - 03/30/13 04:23 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Idk, alcohol is pretty natural. You take the juice of something and yeast eat it and it ferments into alcohol. There is no shit going on in a lab to make alcohol, its only unnatural if its distilled.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #18034078 - 03/30/13 05:37 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

xbloodwhipx said:
Idk, alcohol is pretty natural. You take the juice of something and yeast eat it and it ferments into alcohol. There is no shit going on in a lab to make alcohol, its only unnatural if its distilled.

True. I never actually said alcohol was not natural, though, I just said these alternatives are natural.

The problem with alcohol is not so much that it is unnatural as that it destroys every organ, tissue and system in the body, kills the heart and liver and shrinks and damages the brain while causing obesity, diabetes and cancer.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#18035025 - 03/30/13 09:40 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Well over the course of the day and night I tried every one of the things I listed in the OP and I am frankly very high and euphoric right now, similar to marijuana but with less anxiety and more euphoria. I am very pleased with this combination and it is far from a placebo. This shit is serious drugs, more or less.

Its awesome that I can buy a cocktail of stuff from the health store on the corner that can keep me high all day long at work without breaking any laws or rules.

In summary: This stuff works!

I am actually much more euphoric today than I was yesterday on etizolam. Etizolam kills stress and makes time fly by fast, but this is more of a mood lift.

--------------------

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #18035177 - 03/30/13 10:15 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Valproic acid is similar to a chemical found in valerian (isovaleric acid) and is used to treat epilepsy, like benzodiazepines are. They're both pretty simple organic acids with branched chains. As far as I know valproic acid doesn't occur in nature, but it illustrates use of something similar to valerian in modern medicine.

Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
    #18035215 - 03/30/13 10:24 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
Well over the course of the day and night I tried every one of the things I listed in the OP and I am frankly very high and euphoric right now, similar to marijuana but with less anxiety and more euphoria. I am very pleased with this combination and it is far from a placebo. This shit is serious drugs, more or less.

Its awesome that I can buy a cocktail of stuff from the health store on the corner that can keep me high all day long at work without breaking any laws or rules.

In summary: This stuff works!

I am actually much more euphoric today than I was yesterday on etizolam. Etizolam kills stress and makes time fly by fast, but this is more of a mood lift.

The placebo effect is not what you think it is. If you are told that you have been administrated a psychedelic drug, though secretly you weren't, the placebo could cause you to have a full-blown psychedelic experience. One that you would deny vehemently could have been caused by the placebo effect.

I'm not saying that you didn't experience your effects. I'm not saying that it's caused by the placebo effect. Just trying to put some info. out there.

I have done all of those except for kratom and suntheanine individually. They all had an effect, though quite a mild one. I think the real high you're getting is coming from the kava and the kratom. Both of which are known to be much more effective than the others you listed.

Try them all individually so you can narrow down the chemicals you need to take to get the effects you desire.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male
Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Legal and natural alternatives to Benzos and alcohol [Re: healing]
    #18035390 - 03/30/13 11:09 PM (11 years, 19 days ago)

great thread

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates