Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: unam sanctum]
    #18033253 - 03/30/13 02:21 PM (11 years, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

unam sanctum said:

Yeah, I disagreed with OP's blatantly one sided remarks, but I think you're wrong there Joie.  In my experience females were often times more prone to giving a fuck about the facebook going ons than males.  Most people using facebook give way too much of a fuck in the first place though.

Because they are bitchy people, not because they are females. Females are more likely to be bitchy, maybe, and are conditioned to care more about social interaction but it's not inherent to the gender. It's just socialization, IMO, and you could raise a male to respond the same way. My point is that it's not genetic, and thus not intrinsically linked to gender.

Also some people are sensitive to being rejected. I can't believe anyone would say they wouldn't feel a little weird (even if its just a fleeting feeling) if someone they're friends with randomly deleted them from facebook. :shrug:

It's actually exactly like what happens when you get ignored on the shroomery. How many male shroomery members get all up in arms about being ignored and make a snarky comment about it or harass the person who ignores them (luvdemshrooms especially:lol:)?

If a shroomery friend randomly ignored you, how would you act and would that be dependent upon your gender? You guys act like the shroomery isn't social networking like facebook, when it definitely is, it's just structured a little different.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: JoieDeVivre] * 1
    #18033276 - 03/30/13 02:26 PM (11 years, 21 hours ago)

If Joie randomly ignored me, I would be devastated and probably cry myself to sleep.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #18033278 - 03/30/13 02:26 PM (11 years, 21 hours ago)

i am pretty sure everyone is aware of what a stereotype is. just because people recognize gender generalizations doesn't mean they believe its inherit in the gender.

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality]
    #18033325 - 03/30/13 02:34 PM (11 years, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
i am pretty sure everyone is aware of what a stereotype is. just because people recognize gender generalizations doesn't mean they believe its inherit in the gender.

My point is that it's not gender specific at all, and many males on this social networking site act the exact same way. It's about socialization and individual personality traits, it's not gender specific. To recognize "i know all women are not like this," but then to say "most of them are" when it's not the case is unfair in my opinion. Most women aren't like that, most immature/sensitive/insecure people of any gender are. :shrug:

It's like saying "I know black people aren't all shifty," but then saying "most black people are shifty, " or "black people are more likely to be shifty than white people." You're making a conclusion that contradicts what you really know to be true, and a conclusion that does link the uncontrollable trait (gender/race) to the controllable one.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #18033372 - 03/30/13 02:43 PM (11 years, 20 hours ago)

i think girls are mostly like that, not that most girls are like that. maybe there are less than half of girls who are, but of everyone who takes facebook seriously most of women. i understand most people, men or women, probably don't act like this.

--------------------

PodCast

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: JoieDeVivre] * 1
    #18033430 - 03/30/13 02:59 PM (11 years, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
It's just socialization, IMO, and you could raise a male to respond the same way. My point is that it's not genetic, and thus not intrinsically linked to gender.

This.

Also the reason we can't quantify this information and end the argument. It's now a matter of how many more pages until we all conclude the truth is somewhere around this statement.

(I'm feeling cynical and cavalier today)

--------------------
14:31

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality]
    #18033454 - 03/30/13 03:05 PM (11 years, 20 hours ago)

:peyotezen:

I'm a girl and facebook has a reluctant place in my life simply because I tend to lose my phone/let it die a lot and people would have absolutely zero way of getting ahold of me sometimes because of how forgetful I am with my poor phone - it's a good way to find out what concerts/shows are going on any given night of the week.
I also have friends who are abroad and in other cities - and it's the most practical way to keep in touch. IDGAF who deletes me :shrug: and I certainly would not care if some random dude I met a couple years ago deleted me...I probably wouldn't even notice, to be honest.

But otherwise taking facebook seriously is not on my priority list. I've had a couple friends delete their's because of pointless drama and crazy exes, I left my phone at one of their places and it was such a pain trying to get ahold of them. That's pretty much all the feels I have about facebook :snoop:

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: pirate-blues]
    #18033473 - 03/30/13 03:09 PM (11 years, 20 hours ago)

its probably something more noticeable in the opposite sex depending on your sexuality. truth be told, i forgot there are actually females on the shroomery lol.

--------------------

PodCast

Invisiblesetb
10th level beer nerd
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Mark1] * 3
    #18033601 - 03/30/13 03:46 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

Mark1 said:
Quote:

robbyberto said:
Quote:

Mark1 said:
i have enough social skills to get another girls number that night.

Holy fuck guys watch out we've got a real Casanova on our hands!

hey, held a job down recently?

Hey, when was the last time you got laid op :smirk:?

BRB, filling my body with drugs instead of vegetables.

Wait...

Mushrooms... are..... vegetables  :Awemazing: faaaar out

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

#18033621 - 03/30/13 03:49 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:

Because they are bitchy people, not because they are females. Females are more likely to be bitchy, maybe, and are conditioned to care more about social interaction but it's not inherent to the gender. It's just socialization, IMO, and you could raise a male to respond the same way. My point is that it's not genetic, and thus not intrinsically linked to gender.

I never said it was genetic, but it seems you agree with what I did say.

Quote:

Also some people are sensitive to being rejected. I can't believe anyone would say they wouldn't feel a little weird (even if its just a fleeting feeling) if someone they're friends with randomly deleted them from facebook. :shrug:

are you even responding to me at this point?

Quote:

It's actually exactly like what happens when you get ignored on the shroomery. How many male shroomery members get all up in arms about being ignored and make a snarky comment about it or harass the person who ignores them (luvdemshrooms especially:lol:)?

I'm being ignored but never mentioned it until now, why do you expect all people respond the same way to the similar situations?

Quote:

If a shroomery friend randomly ignored you, how would you act and would that be dependent upon your gender? You guys act like the shroomery isn't social networking like facebook, when it definitely is, it's just structured a little different.

I don't consider any of you I haven't met a friend.  Doesn't mean I don't care about you, I just think a minimum of one physical interaction is required to use that term.  In your own words: "Females are more likely to be bitchy, maybe, and are conditioned to care more about social interaction..." Shroomery and FB  are "structured a little different" ? :lol: more like black is to white and this train of thought is entirely inconsequential to....wait what the fuck are we even talking about?

InvisibleBallerium
Little Black Spot on the Sun
Female User Gallery

Loc: GA
    #18033665 - 03/30/13 04:00 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
i forgot there are actually females on the shroomery lol.

How dare you forget about us. :kingcrankey:

I'm going to go slit my wrists right now.

--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Ballerium]
    #18033674 - 03/30/13 04:02 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

:wave:

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Ballerium]
    #18033679 - 03/30/13 04:03 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

Ballerium said:
Quote:

SurReality said:
i forgot there are actually females on the shroomery lol.

How dare you forget about us. :kingcrankey:

I'm going to go slit my wrists right now.

just share some pics of yourself masturbating, he won't forget again.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: unam sanctum]
    #18033699 - 03/30/13 04:09 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

touche`

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleAbsolem0918
the wise fool
Male

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Mark1]
    #18033730 - 03/30/13 04:18 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

i dont have to deal with FB drama.
can anyone guess why?
i never made a profile!

so little stress compared to my friends who do have one. and yes woman treat it like life or death. most males do too.

edit: btw op, ive just noticed you are a very pathetic excuse for a human. stereotypical virgin with a 1 inch hard dick if i ever heard of one. so why the hell do you have a facebook to begin with? theres no way you have any real friends.

--------------------

Edited by Absolem0918 (03/31/13 08:54 AM)

InvisibleBallerium
Female User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Absolem0918]
    #18033757 - 03/30/13 04:23 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

I will notice if the number of friends I have has changed, but its too much of a hassle to try and sift through everybody and piece together who deleted me. And I only have 150 or so people on mine. I can't imagine trying to go through 700+.

Plus most of the people I am friends with on FB are family, work friends, or people I knew back in high school. I don't even see most of them IRL anyway. :shrug:

--------------------
Beats and waves will take me to my grave and when I go there I know that I won't be alone 'cause I've been spotted, blotted, many many times before.

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Absolem0918]
    #18033770 - 03/30/13 04:25 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Everyone participating in Facebook takes Facebook too seriously.
I listen to this shit at work all the time. College educated people, holding Masters degrees and doctorates, bickering about Facebook drivel.

Give me a fucking break.

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: something super extreme]
    #18033786 - 03/30/13 04:28 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

I have a feeling that lots of people bitch about my facebook drivel because I use my facebook to promote a secular and rational worldview. :smilingpuppy::ass:

Oh well, the fundies can delete me for all I care.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

#18033788 - 03/30/13 04:30 PM (11 years, 19 hours ago)

Most of what I hear is:
"yeah she totally tweeted my wall and didn't re-poke my like, that cunt".
I heard a guy using "I'll just block her, see how she likes that", like it was some sort of genuine threat. Really?

Spare me the fucking inanity, please.

InvisibleBallerium
Female User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: something super extreme]
    #18033888 - 03/30/13 04:56 PM (11 years, 18 hours ago)

Wow, that's pretty sad. :lol:

I'm glad most of my FB friends are over the FB games phase. That's all they used to talk about at work, FarmVille this, YoVille that. :suicide:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies