Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado, USA Flag
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #18029076 - 03/29/13 03:59 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

i don't think people not being connected to me on FB is offensive. i know people who wouldn't friend me on facebook and i still greet them when i see them and they do as well. i have deleted people just because they were connected to someone else i didn't want to want to see my content, some of them got mad others didn't even notice :shrug:

i agree that some people take facebook relationships way to seriously, and for the most part i have noticed it to be women :shrug:

--------------------
ProDOPEFiend Diary: (my public diary)

PodCast

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmazonianGuru
Living Jungle Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality]
    #18029078 - 03/29/13 04:00 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Mark is becoming quite the sensation here on Shroomery as of late

--------------------

OfflineMark1
Stranger
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality]
    #18029083 - 03/29/13 04:01 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
i don't think people not being connected to me on FB is offensive. i know people who wouldn't friend me on facebook and i still greet them when i see them and they do as well. i have deleted people just because they were connected to someone else i didn't want to want to see my content, some of them got mad others didn't even notice :shrug:

i agree that some people take facebook relationships way to seriously, and for the most part i have noticed it to be women :shrug:

Thanks. thats all i really wanted to say.

OfflineEgo Questio
Ghost in the Machine
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Khii Khwaay]
    #18029089 - 03/29/13 04:02 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Khii Khwaay said:
Was I the only one that voted Troll?  C'mon, guys. Nobody can possibly be this dim-witted.

Yeah,I voted tard,but post poll option,I think Trollness is obvious,and consummately achieved.

Most droll,OP.

Most droll.

--------------------
Over one's mind and over one's body the individual is sovereign.
John Stuart Mill, On Liberty
(1806 - 1873)
My UPDATED UK supplies thread
My first trip report-Amsterdam wanderings
Stonesun's sclerotia infodump
Proudly discovered Highly Sensitive Person ~2009
To all you good gents, I say :hatsoff:

Invisibleunam sanctum
 User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Mark1]
    #18029102 - 03/29/13 04:06 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Mark1 said:
Quote:

unam sanctum said:
they were probably upset about the statistical loss to their indicator of popularity

right, thats my point

Quote:

Mark1 said:

I guess females don't really have much else in their lives going from them except for shopping in Facebook. Hilarious how hurt they would get by something like this.

no I think that was your point.
not the same.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: unam sanctum]
    #18029118 - 03/29/13 04:08 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

yea the OP did come off as obviously sexist. stating a general/stereotypical relation with women as if it was true for all women. i don't think it was meant literally, he's just a bit sexually frustrated so it came out wrong. it happens to the best of us.

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality] * 2
    #18029139 - 03/29/13 04:13 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:

It's weird to remove someone you actually are friends with from a social networking site because of who they are friends with. People act like the internet is "just the internet" but it's very much a representation of your real life.

People use facebook to stay in connection with old friends and when you delete someone from facebook that implies you no longer want contact with them. So it makes sense to be a little offended, that doesn't mean you're taking facebook too seriously but it means that you wanted to stay in contact with said person and are disappointed that they don't appear to feel the same way.

I don't friend anyone that I know in my classes on facebook, because I don't see the point. That's not offensive, IMO. I can totally understand being momentarily upset when someone you thought you were friends with decided to delete you for some reason. It's like hearing from someone else that your friend said you're not really their friend and they'd rather not be in contact with you. :shrug:

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Offlinezee007
Gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Mark1]
    #18029163 - 03/29/13 04:18 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Mark1 said:
Quote:

NWlight said:
OP get a girlfriend and grow up :rolleyes:

Consider maybe they didn't say hi because you are a tool and it had nothing to do with Facebook.

I think its funny people telling me to "grow up" on a site where everyone does drugs and thinks its "cool."

ever leave your parents basement before, guys? see daylight before? (tv doesn't count)

:youseethisshit: So.... Why are you here?

:lol: It's funny you think your hated for doing something as simple as removing someone as a friend on facebook.

you watch too much SP OP.

Edited by zee007 (03/29/13 04:20 PM)

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #18029171 - 03/29/13 04:19 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
It's like hearing from someone else that your friend said you're not really their friend and they'd rather not be in contact with you. :shrug:

yea it is exactly like that. because your just making an assumption based on something indirect (he said she said/got deleted on fb). makes more sense to me to just confront the person about it with a simple question if you feel like the person doesn't want to ever talk to you again, you might get a simple answer that makes complete sense which is not what you initially assumed.

its pretty cool how confrontation works. :smirk:

i know a girl who absolutely will not talk to me if she sees me in public, or won't hang out with other mutual friends when they visit with me all just because i don't want some crackhead to be able to see content i put up through our mutual friends.

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

#18029206 - 03/29/13 04:27 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

SurReality said:
yea it is exactly like that. because you just making an assumption, based on something indirect (he said she said/got deleted on fb). makes more sense to me to just confront the person about with a simple question if you feel like the person doesn't want to ever talk to you again, you might get a simple answer that makes complete sense which is not what you initially assumed.

its pretty cool how confrontation works. :smirk:

I'm not the type of person to confront people who make it seem like they don't want to be around me, and many other people are the same way. If someone deleted me from a social networking site I'd assume they didn't want to talk to me anymore and I'd simply not bother them. Deleting someone from facebook definitely sends the message you don't want to be connected to them, there's not even really an assumption required there. If the person did want to talk to me, they could approach me.

Usually if someone stops contacting you and makes it clear they don't want to contact you, as a female or even as a male really, and you try to get in contact with them to see what is up you're labeled a stalker, a bitch or generally creepy.

Granted this is a little different than OP's situation, but he's assuming that these girls didn't say hi based upon him deleting them and they probably didn't even notice it. Maybe they did say hi and he didn't hear, maybe he wasn't loud enough and they didn't hear or they were distracted. OP is full of assumptions that mostly center on him being the most important thing in other people's lives.

For the record if I had >700 facebook friends and one deleted me I'm pretty sure it would be an impossible waste of time to search through and try to figure out who it was. OP egotistically assumes that his facebook presence was so important to these girls that they even cared or noticed that he deleted them.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Mark1] * 1
    #18029213 - 03/29/13 04:29 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Mark1 said:
Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
You're assumption that everybody on this site ' does drugs and thinks its "cool."' is ignorant and naive.

No, its not.

Id venture to say most people on this site have terrible family situations, or dead end jobs, barely any education, no work ethic, and blame others for their problems, or a combination of all.

da fuck?  I came to this site because I like mushrooms.  I also like discussion with open minded people.

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#18029266 - 03/29/13 04:43 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

i meant a peaceful confrontation, like "hey i saw you deleted me on facebook, did i do something to make you mad...?"

and i actually ran into the chick with other friends of her who talk them all and when i said hi to her she walked away from the group she was with. it would not have been creepy for her to confront me about it, i had no idea why she did that because it was like a year after i had done it. i heard from other friends that she was pissed about me deleting her, and i explained to them why and they thought it made complete sense because the guy had completely fucked me over on multiple occasions and once i was lucky not to end up in prison because of him. fortunately the cops i dealt with in that situation were extremely cool.

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality] * 1
    #18029286 - 03/29/13 04:47 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

I know you mean a peaceful confrontation, but that's still something I would never do. If someone deleted me off facebook, I would take that as a sign that they weren't interested in further communication and be done with it. In my eyes, dragging the issue out further can only serve to further aggravate the deleter. I don't need to know why they wanted to delete me, it was their choice and if they're interested in contact it's on them to initiate it. I'm not one to force myself on someone who doesn't want me around, and I know many others feel the same way. That doesn't mean I'd be awkward in person about it, I'd still treat them just like anyone else I'm not regularly in contact with. :shrug:

I don't understand your story because it starts of with "she walked off" and it ends with "I deleted her because this guy screwed me over and almost got me arrested." :confused:

--------------------
Sapere aude

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#18029314 - 03/29/13 04:53 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

the point is she is friends with him, and i don't want him creeping on me when he hangs out with her.

the point is also that there are other reasons to delete someone that don't have to do with not wanting contact with them. so if you assume that is the reason it is just an assumption, that could lead to YOU choosing to end the relationship while falsely perceiving it as if it was actually them.

--------------------

PodCast

Offlinesanchothestoner
Satan's Grandson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Bucketheadland
Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: SurReality] * 6
    #18029327 - 03/29/13 04:56 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Hahahahaha I read the first page and the OP had 1 shroom, then I click to page 2 and he has 0

--------------------
I fucking hate you... God damn, I love you...
But we both know if we stick together, we'll just tear ourselves apart
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey
You are my heroin, but there's an abscess... God damn, I miss the vein!

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

#18029342 - 03/29/13 04:59 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

It's weird to assume that anyone lets other people creep on people they don't like on their facebook, I think. If someone came over to my house and went on my computer to creep on someone's facebook I'd be like :wtf: get off my computer I didn't invite you here to be an antisocial weirdo.

If you're only in contact with someone via facebook and they delete you from facebook, they ended the relationship first. How is making the assumption that that means they don't want to keep talking to you "ending the relationship?" If they didn't want to end the relationship, they would contact you and let you know "hey I only deleted you because of X but I'd like to still stay in contact."

--------------------
Sapere aude

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#18029376 - 03/29/13 05:07 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
It's weird to assume that anyone lets other people creep on people they don't like on their facebook, I think. If someone came over to my house and went on my computer to creep on someone's facebook I'd be like :wtf: get off my computer I didn't invite you here to be an antisocial weirdo.

If you're only in contact with someone via facebook and they delete you from facebook, they ended the relationship first. How is making the assumption that that means they don't want to keep talking to you "ending the relationship?" If they didn't want to end the relationship, they would contact you and let you know "hey I only deleted you because of X but I'd like to still stay in contact."

yea your would be correct to figure that if you were only in a relationship with via facebook. but i don't have any relationships only on facebook, so i didn't consider that.

also i let people use my computer all the time, and i never monitor what it is they are doing and they could easily get into my facebook account because i have it signed in automatically with my browser. so i don't see it as too irrational of thinking. i can't really contact her either because she is so mad about it she won't talk to me.

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

#18029434 - 03/29/13 05:16 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

At any point you could have contacted her and clear up the situation, but just like her you have some assumptions about how that will go. :shrug:

If someone deleted me because they thought I'd let someone who screwed them over look at their facebook (I don't understand why you would care if this guy could see your facebook to begin with) I'd feel like our friendship wasn't of much value to the deleter. It's such a simple (and seemingly childish) thing to remove someone from your social network from.

Both of you in this situation have a misunderstanding on what the other feels/thinks and how the other should feel/think/act.

--------------------
Sapere aude

OfflineSurReality
PsychAdemic
Male User Gallery

#18029459 - 03/29/13 05:21 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

how am i assuming? that is a fact that our friend told me, which he could not have known about unless she told him. also as i said i have tried talking to her.

but yea. you are right, the relationship was not of much value to me in the first place so i'm not bothered about it. i'm just saying some people, particularly girls, take what happens on facebook very seriously. i deleted like 20 mutual friends and all over still talk in real life and on the phone.

--------------------

PodCast

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Shocker: Girls hate when you remove them as friends from Facebook [Re: Mark1] * 4
    #18029615 - 03/29/13 05:51 PM (11 years, 1 day ago)

Mark1, are you ever going to make a post NOT about girls?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom