Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world
    #1801730 - 08/11/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I posted this dream in another thread and then I realized I was sitting on a cool idea, and fireworks god helped me figure that out.

Quote:

I was walking somewhere with a group of people. We were in a clearing beside a forest, and I started finding crystals. I lagged behind the rest of the group to dig in the ground and pull out these huge purple crystals. The crystals had fallen from the sky and were extraterrestrial. While I was digging them up I was being told how crystals are so special because the universe is totally chaotic and these perfectly ordered things come out of the chaos. I was stoked, but things got nightmarish after this.

One of the crystals I dug up was actually a trophy with big purple crystals in it. Y?know how trophies always have a figure playing the sport that the trophy is for? Like a bowling trophy has a plastic bowler on top of the trophy. Well, this trophy had demonic werewolves on it. I looked into the forest beside the clearing, and sure enough, the werewolves had appeared. They were growling and being viscious and scary. It took some brain power but I convinced myself that they didn?t exist. If I believed they existed then they did, but if I could convince myself they didn?t exist, then they would go away. Anybody looking at the trophy and thinking at all about the figures on it would summon the werewolves. Some guy came over and I showed him the crystals I?d found, and when he looked at the trophy, the werewolves appeared. I told him they didn?t exist, but I could see he was scared, so the wolves were very hard to get rid of. We succeeded, but it was definetly harder to get rid of them when more than one person believed them because we would feed off eachother?s beliefs and fears.

Once the werewolves were gone then some long skinny green snakes appeared and it was the same deal, we had to not believe in them to go away, but it wasn?t working because the guy I was with was a panicking freak. I had a spear and I was trying to stab one of the snakes, but no matter how fast I stabbed I couldn?t hit the snake. Eventually the dream moved to another scene and this part was over.

So, what the dream was trying to get across is that you can believe what you want, and create reality with your mind. blah blah blah boring shit, you?ve all heard this kinda stuff before, but it gets more interesting. When you are alone, like the only human in the universe, you have ultimate power over everything, but as soon as you have even one companion human believing things, the momentum of that belief becomes harder for one person to turn around. It was harder for me to not believe in the werewolves when the other guy started believing in them.

This is because communication is worthless. Without telepathy, nobody can really get how they?re feeling across. I might say "I don?t believe in the werewolves!" but my companion might not believe me, because he misinterprets the tone in my voice, which makes him doubt what I think, and then that doubt gives to fear in him, so he believes in them, and they DO exist now, and then I see that and think that they do exist blah blah blah and the cycle continues. Now, once you start adding more and more humans to the situation, it gets worse. It?s even harder for large groups of people to communicate, especially if we all speak different languages.

See here?s our situation as life forms on this planet: There is a huge web draped over humanity. The more humans, the more strands of this web connecting them. Every human is connected to every other human by this web. Every time a human appears, he adds to the web because the strands reach out from him to humanity and from humanity to him. We?re also flies, because we?re all caught in this web. See, we?re like self-trapping flies. To exist we have to join into the web, and we?re also victimized by it. So what?s the spider? The spider is our collective vision of reality. It preys on us and intimidates us into our narrow understanding of the universe.

This is a drawing I did to clarify it. I used the gimp. That?s right, linux. Get on board, dinks.

This somehow ties in to my last invincible thread here

This one is invincible too. Fucked up, but invincible. Like an immortal frankenstein killing japanese schoolgirls with a sharpened strap-on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world [Re: Dogomush]
    #1801751 - 08/11/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"When you are alone, like the only human in the universe, you have ultimate power over everything, but as soon as you have even one companion human believing things, the momentum of that belief becomes harder for one person to turn around. "

this is *exactly* what I have believed for years.

reality is a consensual hallucination. Every soul exerts its own influence over the protocol.

A careful study of how the internet works can shed a lot of light on this belief.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1801769 - 08/11/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

but as soon as you have even one companion human believing things

So you are saying that to make your dreams come true, you should annihilate all other human beings?

The fatal flaw in this runaway thought-train is the the earth and the stars existed long before humans were around to dream them into life.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (08/11/03 01:02 PM)

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world [Re: Swami]
    #1801782 - 08/11/03 01:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"The fatal flaw in this runaway thought-train is the the earth and the stars existed long before humans were around to dream them into life."

maybe that was done by another conscious being(s) before we got here.

"So you are saying that to make your dreams come true, you should annihilate all other human beings?"

this would be unneccesary. There is a way for everyone to exist in peace, as long as certain rules are followed by all.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world [Re: Swami]
    #1801885 - 08/11/03 01:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

The fatal flaw in this runaway thought-train is the the earth and the stars existed long before humans were around to dream them into life.

says the character in the dream...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1801899 - 08/11/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh, but it is all a part of a computer program, to use a term that describes it best. The rules that apply in our reality, that make it what it is, are only that, rules. Rules were meant to be broken.

Think about your computer that you are on now. It is an animal, acting purely out of instinct. All of its processes were programmed into it. Quite like a deer, or a migratory bird; the difference here being that the computer doesn't have a moveable body, it cannot pursue the desire for energy (oh, but if we gave it the ability to move around, and a program that would let it pursue energy, it definitely could).

We decide what composes the computer's reality, which, right now, is not much. We could give it, say, a web cam, as its visual input. We could set up basic programs to allow it to analyze the input. We have the ability to make a computer animal right now.

The moment we give it the ability to free flow, to set up a basic intelligence program and allow it to be able to evolve, to let it change its programming to advance, to be able to learn, that right there is when it becomes aware, like us. The fuckers already have a way of storing information so that if one computer dies, the information is still there, the Internet. It is very real for computer to be able to become aware beings, their own species.

That isn't what I'm getting into, however. This is about us. As co-Creators, we have the abillity to change everything. This is free will. Technically, we are all one, unified, part of the whole Creator. Infinity is a distortion of that, a paradox (anyone do their homework, reading up on those texts I posted?)... All of these boundaries, walls, planets, galaxies.. just an illusion of the One. We don't have to stay stuck in this single idea of what reality is, just because others believe it is the truth.. infinity is infinity. We are all just part of the One, not really even existing anyways, since we are One, except the "we are" don't exist. One.

The distortion, the illusion is of us being individuals, and we are all just what makes up the One. What is in the illusion of the infinity inside the One doesn't matter anyways, because it is just an illusion, One. Get it?
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1801989 - 08/11/03 02:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think we have the ability to change everything, at least not complete freedom of reality. the part of the web (reality) that is already created will always be, it has solidified it its current form. only at the edges, where reality is still being built, do we have some flexibility. there are operatives, at the edges, those who would have us believe that certain things do not exist. they are also trying to create reality. a reality that they would be comfortable with.
We are all a part of this creation. and many realities are created and experienced. but only one reality can persist. so there is a battle taking place. somewhere. where people argue about what is. why argue? it's not like changing minds will change reality... right?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality world [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1802029 - 08/11/03 02:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

^^^^^ :smile: :smile: :smile: ^^^^^^

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1802147 - 08/11/03 02:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sometimes these "snakes and warewolves [things of 'badness']" are indeed real, which makes trying to "wish them away" impossible.

Be careful out there :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1802152 - 08/11/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
I don't think we have the ability to change everything, at least not complete freedom of reality. the part of the web (reality) that is already created will always be, it has solidified it its current form. only at the edges, where reality is still being built, do we have some flexibility

The part of the web solidified might already be there, and all, but what about the grass outside of the web? The view about what is real and what isn't must be quite different from there...

And, maybe using the web, the grass, as the metaphor isn't really right, as nothing is permanent. Webs break, they disappear (then, why am I still using the metaphor? sorry..). Is the web really there, because it is quantified and we see it, feel it? The idea of what is real and what isn't always changes.. but at the exact moment before it changes, it is still completely and totally real.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality w [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1803311 - 08/11/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Swami:

I don?t think this model of the universe has so much to do with creating stars and such. It?s more about human understanding of the universe. It acknowledges that there is a beach but says that we decide whether to make sandcastles or sculptures of reptiles. Here?s an image to further explain the spider web reality model:

I call it "the sandpuppets." Those are two guys with puppet control devices controlling eachother as they build sandcastles on a beach. You can imagine how difficult that might be with 6 billion puppet masters all controlling eachother. Some puppet masters would no doubt control other puppet masters to trash other puppet?s sandcastles while simultaneously being drowned in the ocean by the very puppets the puppet master controls.

the part of the web (reality) that is already created will always be

Hey hey I like whate you?re saying but just to clear this up, the web isn?t reality, the web represents the connections between all humans. It shows how we are all bound together and stuck in the web of the ultimate predator and represtentation of reality: the spider. How we decide how the spider (reality) is depends on our relationship to eachother. Every spider has a different type of web, and to get a new spider we have to create a new kind of web. Of course, to exist we must be trapped within this web, so the best we can do is create a spider who combs our hair instead of sucks our blood. To rearrange this web we can kill lots of people off, birth lots of new people (and indoctrinate them!) or we can rearrange how we stand relative to eachother. There are less psychotic ways to do it as well.

I know, I know, there are two camps here. I am in the camp that says the web comes before the spider, and some say the spider comes before the web ("the earth and the stars existed long before humans were around to dream them into life." - Swami). So who?s right? Well, it?s like the chicken and the egg riddle.

Q: Which came first the chicken or the egg?

A: The amoeba.

I suspect that it has something to do with paradox. We?re all trying to understand the universe in rational, logical terms, which is very human of us and necessary to our survival, but the true nature of the universe is paradox, which can?t be understood with our calculations. We have to dissolve that part of our brains away or we wallow in the endless darkness of contradiction, which is the place we end up if we apply logic to the universe. Of course the endless darkness of contradiction has warm beds, tasty food, and beautiful women.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality w [Re: Dogomush]
    #1804428 - 08/12/03 02:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

mmmm, whats that i smell, zhuangzi? mmmm, it smells sweet, like someone burning cinnamon for the dead.
I think burning food for your dead loved ones is a beautiful idea.
so........dog-o-mush, i see youve formulated a theory, well, lets see what this is all about

(reads)

okay okay, I like it. So lets talk:
-you have to keep in mind two major elements of human life: Neccessity and circumstance.
-neccessity is dictated by genetics, (internal influence), and circumstance is dicated by environment (external influence), these two elements are completely inter-connected. Keep in mind that an objective physical world exists, and that this world dictates both the internal and the external.

example: Over population.

-Over population is an objective physical fact, overpopulation is a product of: our instict to reproduce and survive, and the environment that provided the ability to do so.
-so then, you' human #18999839, is born into this world, with an instinct to reproduce and survive, living in an overpopulated environment.

therefor..... Werewolves Exist

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: The web of confusion and the spider of mundane reality w [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1808016 - 08/12/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I concur

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order