Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Air Stone, DXM, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Automated air exchange questions..
    #1801540 - 08/11/03 02:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hey everyone,

My friend is planning for that fateful day when he actually has some fully colonized jars to fruit. He's not going to be able to fan 3 - 4 times a day - that thing called work gets in the way... anyway, he has been looking at using an aquarium air pump to use for air exchange. Narrowed down to 2 models - one moves 150 liters per hour and 1 moves 200 liters per hour. Both in price range (30 - 35 US).
Terrarium is clear tupperware - 16" h x 22" w x 16" d (approx) and will be humidified with 1 1/2 - 2" of perlite. Questions are these:

1). Will the air pump provide enough air exchange?

2). Do you just run the tube in from the top and let it hang? Or should you use an air stone or some other disperser on the end?

He can still fan 1 or maybe 2 times per day, but thats about all.
Many thanks in advance for any help.

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: Automated air exchange questions.. [Re: flybynite]
    #1801701 - 08/11/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Get the larger volume pump and put it on a timer. Adjust the timer to provide optimum conditions.

Run the tubing to an airstone submerged in a small container of water and h2o2. A small quantity of perlite can be added to the container to boost humidification, if needed.

You may have to cut exhaust holes in your terrarium, depending upon how air tight it is. Place the holes near the bottom of the terrarium and filter with discs or polyfil.

When he was fruiting cakes my friend had great results with this setup. Good luck.  :smile: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Automated air exchange questions.. [Re: dog]
    #1801770 - 08/11/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well first off 30-35 for a pump?!?!?! Your fuckin nutz!!! I payed 11 and change and all the parts all together 25 bucks with shipping at the site magash said to get the pump from. Here check this out Post I Have built mine I will take pics when i birth my cakes of my whole setup it is basically what magash said to use, only difference i am using perlite not hydroton, and i bought a 48" air diffuser and magash suggested a 36" one. Just follow that and your set bro.

Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Automated air exchange questions.. [Re: DatDaNK420]
    #1801821 - 08/11/03 03:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yea - shoulda checked prices on the internet - this was a the local
pet store. Great ideas - thanks for the link to the post. Poor mans POD looks like a good way to go. Thanks for the info.

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: Automated air exchange questions.. [Re: flybynite]
    #1801888 - 08/11/03 03:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

No problem man only cost me 25 bucks. I buy everything online, id buy food if i can. I can get stuff sooo cheap. And that companies fast youll have your orde rin a week if you pay with a credit card or paypal. Rate me please!!! Some asshole rated me 1 shroom cuz i posted on a post that wasnt even his sharing my experience with DXM which i will never ever fucking do again its fucking stupid, you wanna trip grow some fucking shrooms, not shit that makes you so sick you feel like your gonna die.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Air Stone, DXM, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation