Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLowViz
CH sufferer

Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: s240779]
    #18008589 - 03/25/13 01:04 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

crispy86 said:
Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Can you post a link to the tek you used?

N.B.

ya, here it is:

1. weighed dried cubes (28 gm)
2. powdered cubes
3. placed powdered cubes into jar #1 (quart size mason jar)
4. poured 10ml/gm of everclear 151 into jar #1
5. stored in cool/dark place for 2-3 days, shaking 2-3 times per day
6. filter jar #1 into jar #2 using fine coffee filter on top of dust mask (close lid on jar #2)
7. scrape the small amount of mushroom powder that fell into filter and put back into jar #1
8. pour 5ml/gm of everclear into jar #1
9. store in cool/dark place for another 2-3 days, shaking 2-3 times per day
10. again, filter jar #1 into jar #2
11. toss mushroom powder
12. jar #2 now has active psilo/liquor (looks yellow/urine colored; VERY clear and no solids)
13. pour psilo-liquor into pyrex glass dish (wide and shallow surface area = better)
14. fan dry for 24-48 hours; the longer you fan dry the better; 72 hours should be plenty
15. there should be a thin layer of film; this is the goo; scrape it up with a razor blade
16. once scraped, wrap it in wax paper, put wax paper into freezer bag, and store in freezer
DONE!
ENJOY!

I am bored and have wanted to try an extraction. Is this an effective way ? This is the first tek I have seen that didn't include heating in a pot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: LowViz]
    #18009671 - 03/25/13 04:46 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

I have done this almost exactly the way described.
its very effective but more time consuming than PF's tek and youll likely need to do 2 pulls if you dont want to lose much, but youll always lose some in the end unless you pull over and over until your filtered psilo/liquor is clear, or dilute the hell out of it one good time.

I have done multiple extractions, unfortunately I have no access to 191 so I haven't tried PF's "crystal of the gods" properly yet but I did attemp with 151 only to evaporate it all off anyway.

I want to try the methanol extraction outlined above but the only source of pure methanol I know of is Heet gas treatment wich I cannot seem to find (was looking for some the other day for my syrian rue extract.)

--------------------
"If you're not worried that you took way
to much, you didn't take enough" -
Terrence McKenna

There is no soul, only the ego dies.
The body was never yours.

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: bishlap]
    #18009838 - 03/25/13 05:27 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

bishlap said:
I want to try the methanol extraction outlined above but the only source of pure methanol I know of is Heet gas treatment wich I cannot seem to find (was looking for some the other day for my syrian rue extract.)

Just search around. I bought a bottle of 99% methanol on ebay. You also might be able to have a pharmacy order it for you. It's not a controlled substance or anything. Just tell them the truth: you need to do some herbal extractions.

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: s240779]
    #18010060 - 03/25/13 06:10 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

have you attempted any of the extractions outlined with methanol?

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: bishlap]
    #18010091 - 03/25/13 06:15 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

I just did some reading on extracting and the stability of extracted psilocybin.  What I read was not particularly encouraging.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18010139 - 03/25/13 06:26 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

@bishlap

No, just MG seeds.

@Nature Boy

This discussion came up last week in another thread. User Kizzle posted the following reference in response:

Quote:

The methanolic extracts could be stored in a freezer at -5C for over 1 year with little change, although storage at room temperature led to complete loss of psilocin and some loss of psilocybin within a few months.

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/pdf/psilo.analysis.bigwood.pdf

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#18010170 - 03/25/13 06:31 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

240779 said:
The following paper details multiple methods of extracting psilocybin & psilocin and all of them use methanol: Obtaining psilocybin and psilocin from fungal material. R Heim, A Hofmann , A Brack, H Kobel, R Cailleux. US Patent 3183172

Wow...it took 7 years for the patent to issue - filed 1958, not issued until 1965!  Interesting reading from an historical viewpoint.  Not really interested in adopting their methodology. I love the one where they used 100 liters of LC to get 2,500 grams of mycelium.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #18010423 - 03/25/13 07:19 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
I just did some reading on extracting and the stability of extracted psilocybin.  What I read was not particularly encouraging.

N.B.

what was so discouraging? i'm curious...

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
    #18010431 - 03/25/13 07:20 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

bishlap said:
the 95 % is better than 70.

but, considering the fact that you could do the extraction with boiling in distilled water then slowly evap that preferably on a heat mat to speed things up you will end up with basically the same product.

now If you want a PF type extraction youll need 95% or crystals wont be able to form (most of wich are inactive anyway)

what does "PF" stand for?...

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: crispy86]
    #18010474 - 03/25/13 07:26 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

The shelf life of the extract is not great.  Loss of potency from exposure to air, light, warmth...

N.B.

--------------------

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
    #18010497 - 03/25/13 07:30 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
The shelf life of the extract is not great.  Loss of potency from exposure to air, light, warmth...

N.B.

i was aware of all those things before performing my extractions

i have my tincture stored completely full (up to the lid) in an air-tight amber glass vial in the freezer to avoid exposure to air, light, heat, and moisture...

i have the goo wrapped up in wax paper, rolled up in a freezer bag, and also stored in the freezer to avoid exposure to air, light, heat, and moisture...

i've heard when stored this way, they can last for well over a year...

Offlinebishlap
Po Thead
Male

Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: crispy86]
    #18010655 - 03/25/13 07:52 PM (11 years, 5 days ago)

PF stands for " PSYLOCYBE FANATICUS" also known as Robert 'Billy' Mcpherson, hes the guy who came up with and basically perfected the PF tek also the guy who published ' CRYSTALS OF THE GODS '

the goo is pretty stable as with a proper tincture, were talking about raw product, nearly pure psilocin, wich if left in a proper tincture and stored in a freezer should hold potency for a considerable time, considering its not being bothered and or opened often.
but a pure dehydrated product exposed to oxygen will degrade quickly.

--------------------
Terrence McKenna

Edited by bishlap (03/25/13 07:57 PM)

InvisibleLowViz
CH sufferer

#18012095 - 03/26/13 12:33 AM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Is it really worth all the effort when you can just make some tea that you can whip up in 10 minutes and avoid the nausea?

Using Heet on my mushies would make me a little uncomfortable. It would evaporate but maybe just the thought of something I would put in my fuel tank and then in my body.

Offlinecrispy86
Stranger
Re: alchohol extraction: is it better to use 95% everclear or 70% everclear? [Re: LowViz]
    #18012140 - 03/26/13 12:47 AM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

LowViz said:
Is it really worth all the effort when you can just make some tea that you can whip up in 10 minutes and avoid the nausea?

Using Heet on my mushies would make me a little uncomfortable. It would evaporate but maybe just the thought of something I would put in my fuel tank and then in my body.

i have made tea numerous times, and in my experience, it actually made the nausea 3x worse than eating them. 

the extraction method i posted is a COLD extraction method (requires no heat), and requires minimal effort...

i was (and still am) against using heat because it requires more effort and diligence...and i would probably screw it up.  the cold extraction tek i posted is so simple that you really cannot possibly screw it up, unless you spill it or something stupid like that

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

#18012661 - 03/26/13 05:05 AM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Yeah...I'm a very infrequent (less than 1 x per year) tripper on mushrooms.  They give me a speedy body load I dislike, and I find they produce too much "emotion" for my tastes.

When I DO take them, I encapsulate them or (better yet) mix the powder with melted chocolate.  99% of the time I'm looking for an experience that mushrooms can't provide, which is short, visual, and carries little mind-fuck.  That's why I gravitate towards changa (DMT) and for a "long" experience (four hours usually), pharmahuasca.

I had some initial interest in possible crystallization of psilocin/psilocybin for vaporization, but upon investigation, that interest is waning.  :shrug:

N.B.

--------------------

Edited by Nature Boy (03/26/13 12:29 PM)

InvisibleLowViz
CH sufferer

#18012858 - 03/26/13 07:07 AM (11 years, 5 days ago)

Personally I have found the tea to be a really smooth take off. DMT is something I would like to try but have not found a place in the US where I could purchase the mimosa.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom