Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMisterMiner
Stranger
 User Gallery
? About Cakes, please help...(terrarium ? also)
    #1801274 - 08/11/03 12:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Hello friends. I have a couple of questions. Right now, I just have my cakes in a terrarium with perlite on the bottom. They stay in the basement where it is very moist and i turn on a fluorescent growlight that is very good and has been used for other goodies. My question is, what should i do to increase the humidity?
The golden teachers are growing very slowly and some of the tiny ones have gray heads. 2nd questions....(also, i just bought a spray bottle and am going to do some searches to see what "dunking" is)...

I am leaving for the Netherlands for 2 weeks and will leave my terrarium pretty much unattended, aside from my girlfriend who really doesnt know much about it...
I have some cakes that will be done in about 2-3 days, they are healthy but still show about 1/2 sq. inch of verm/brown rice....
Do you think it is ok to go ahead and place the cakes in the terrarium even though they are ALmost done, just not quite yet...they have been growing mycelium a little over a month, so they are going slow....
I REALLY need advice on how to make more, bigger mushies grow...the terrarium doesnt seem to be cutting it!
Thanks alot people, anything will help!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: ? About Cakes, please help...(terrarium ? also) [Re: MisterMiner]
    #1801303 - 08/11/03 12:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you are using damp perlite in a sealed terrarium then your rH is fine.

Those little grey headed buggers are aborts. Pick 'em.

Are you fanning? You do not mention air exchange in your post.

Birthing jars before 100% colonization greatly increases your risk of contam.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineMisterMiner
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ? About Cakes, please help...(terrarium ? also) [Re: dog]
    #1801461 - 08/11/03 01:48 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, I fan about 5-6 times a day to let fresh air in. The gray headed shrooms are almost too small to even pick...pick em anyways?

I just dont seem to be having very much luck on this round as I have had on others...the process is taking much longer...

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: ? About Cakes, please help...(terrarium ? also) [Re: MisterMiner]
    #1801479 - 08/11/03 01:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you can remove them without damaging the cake or nearby healthy pins then do so. Otherwise just leave them until the flush is finished.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation